Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Masterpiece Appreciation and Speculation Thread (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=51729)

MULTIPLEX 02-17-2014 04:27 PM

Re: The Masterpiece Appreciation and Speculation Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuG (Post 559894)
My collection is comprised of Deceptions with the odd Autobot and would personally like to see more Decepticon MPs. I don't mind the repaints (seekers and sound blaster) but would love to see some new bots and love for the Decepticons out of the masterpiece line.

Yah I agree. It's a bit one-sided now but there were more Autobots and Decepticons in the G1 cartoon. A good chunk of the Decepticons were in groups like combiners or the Insecticons.

So who could they realistically make that's a Decepticon? Galvatron would be cool. I have a feeling we'll see more Decepticons with Kobayashi at the steering wheel soon.

ParkseY 02-17-2014 04:39 PM

Just recently got back into collecting mainly due to the MP line. Also looking to include some high quality 3P stuff.

Where is everyone preordering their 3P stuff from to minimize cost/tax/duty etc? I know HLJ & Nippon do well on price for the MPs but don't seem to carry much 3P.

Longshot 02-17-2014 04:41 PM

Let's see a Masterpiece combiner set like the Terrorcons but if I had to choose a standalone Decepticon for the MP treatment I would go with Astrotrain.

MULTIPLEX 02-17-2014 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ParkseY (Post 559903)
Just recently got back into collecting mainly due to the MP line. Also looking to include some high quality 3P stuff.

Where is everyone preordering their 3P stuff from to minimize cost/tax/duty etc? I know HLJ & Nippon do well on price for the MPs but don't seem to carry much 3P.

I ordered Scoria from chimungmung. Never been charged extra fees through him before.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Longshot (Post 559904)
Let's see a Masterpiece combiner set like the Terrorcons but if I had to choose a standalone Decepticon for the MP treatment I would go with Astrotrain.

We will likely see our first MP combiner with MP Star Saber. He combines with Victory Leo to make Victory Saber I think. Sould be easy enough for Takara to figure out.

Astrotrain would be an engineering marvel, pardon the pun :innocent: He's one my favorite cons.

Hellboy 02-17-2014 06:03 PM

I honestly wish they would get on with the MP combiners. I'd be happy to buy one or two pieces per year to make devastator.
Of course a 3-pack of MP Insecticons would have me doing backflips.
There are more Decepticons on my want list than Autobots but I'm guessing the Autobots are more popular based on what they've been issuing.

EmperorWong 02-17-2014 08:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Agreed Astrotrain would be amazing.

I'd really like to see this guy get the MP treatment though:

Rev 02-17-2014 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pandaprime (Post 559814)

Cool. Thanks.

Rev 02-17-2014 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmperorWong (Post 559951)
Agreed Astrotrain would be amazing.

I'd really like to see this guy get the MP treatment though:

Amen to that.

MULTIPLEX 02-17-2014 09:46 PM

Bring on some MP cone heads to increase the Decepticon army. They had more voice/face time then Thundercracker or Skywarp ever did. That Thrust wing design is so unique.

sleeper323 02-17-2014 10:19 PM

MP Mirage would be awesome