Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   shipping from japan question. (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=66356)

TriBlurr 11-03-2016 06:38 AM

shipping from japan question.

If I were to ship something from an online store like amiami. What would be the best shipping option to avoid dealing with Canada post? I'm honestly getting sick of dealing with them.

wervenom 11-03-2016 06:54 AM

Re: shipping from japan question.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TriBlurr (Post 712593)
If I were to ship something from an online store like amiami. What would be the best shipping option to avoid dealing with Canada post? I'm honestly getting sick of dealing with them.

Go with the most expensive as stupid as that may sound. All the cheaper options are generally the origin country's postal service handing off to CP. Some have courier services you can ship with BUT be prepared for extra costs. FedEx and UPS will do the customs clearence on it and you will be charged the brokerage fee at a minimum. You could also get hit with duties on top of that and depending on what you order that can go from expensive to ridiculously so.

NeoMatter 11-03-2016 09:01 AM

Definitely don't use UPS. Personally, I found they are more expensive to deal with compared to FedEx. I use HLJ and FedEx most of the time. Only charged Customs and Duty. The $10 fee is waived if you are a FedEx account holder. Never been charged brokerage fee either.

xueyue2 11-03-2016 09:35 AM

Go with AE and NY (NY's shipping can be more expensive though), because these 2 sites willing to declare lower price for u.

RazzAq 11-03-2016 09:57 AM

go with EMS if buying from AMIAMI

MULTIPLEX 11-03-2016 11:34 AM

Quote:

What is the issue with CP that you are trying to avoid? Only UPS, FedEx and I think DHL avoid handing off to Canada Post once in Canada. But only FedEx is available from AmiAmi from what I remember.

Darth Cylon 11-03-2016 02:04 PM

Quote:

The only way to avoid dealing with Canada Post is to select express courier services such as Fedex, UPS or DHL, all which substantially increase your shipping cost plus import duty, service charges and taxes these express courier services charge you. You final cost will be very expensive unless you have a lot money to burn.

wedge1021 11-03-2016 02:16 PM

I've never had an extra charge added on anything I've gotten from Japan (or China). They've all arrived by Canada Post.
It's usually the stuff I get from the States that will get customs, etc added, especially if it's by courier.