Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Online store recomendations (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=63412)

TriBlurr 03-23-2016 10:51 AM

Online store recomendations

Hey all,

I'm looking to order my remaining combiner wars Combaticons (and maybe Sky Lynx) online. Most of the Canadian retailers online seem to be sold out.

Therefore I need to turn to a US based retailer.

I was just curious who you (as fellow Canadians) find the best to deal with?

I'd just like to consider all my options before making the order.

Thanks.

chuskers 03-23-2016 11:10 AM

Re: Online store recomendations

Not sure which remaining combaticons you need, but The Toy Trove has them in stock. Just missing Onslaught ...

big dawg 03-23-2016 11:24 AM

Sky lynx is pretty much unattainable at a reasonable price right now. I bought my onslaught from automaton for a good price though

QuadESL63 03-23-2016 11:59 AM

BigBadToyStore and TFSource in the States have Onslaught + Sky Lynx for $50US + shipping.

Jones 03-23-2016 11:59 AM

http://www.cmdstore.com/trgecowadecl.html

CMDStore has them all at $17.95 USD ea. I bought my CW legends shockwave from them because he sure as hell wasn't showing up on any shelves in my town.

The7thParallel 03-23-2016 12:08 PM

I want to order Onslaught from Automaton... the exchange makes him $33 which is perfect... but the damn shipping. I kind of want to order four or something to knock that overall cost down.

big dawg 03-23-2016 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The7thParallel (Post 684474)
I want to order Onslaught from Automaton... the exchange makes him $33 which is perfect... but the damn shipping. I kind of want to order four or something to knock that overall cost down.

Ended up costing me $50 including taxes and shipping for him from automaton. Only $11.50 more than I would have paid at Walmart retail.

I considered bbts for the pair of voyagers but it would have been well over $100 with taxes, shipping, duty, exchange etc

Chigimus 03-23-2016 01:34 PM

If you're desperate, BBTS and TFSource may still have him in stock, but for sure, you will be paying extra for duty/import fees by the time it arrives in the mail from them.

Captured Prey and ToyDojo have been good US retailers to me so for in that I haven't been dinged for fees from buying from them yet.

For as far east as the OP lives, perhaps consider looking at some of the UK retailers like Kapow Toys or TFS-Direct? I've never used them before as I figured it would cost more to ship further west to me, so when I go overseas, I've usually got my eyes on a Hong Kong retailer of some sort. Hope that helps, and good luck!

Tonestar 03-23-2016 01:35 PM

Check Amazon.ca frequently too. Sometimes they have good deals like last year I got CW Leader Silver Megatron for $42 plus shipping so almost $50 including tax as shipping was free.

The7thParallel 03-23-2016 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big dawg (Post 684494)
Ended up costing me $50 including taxes and shipping for him from automaton. Only $11.50 more than I would have paid at Walmart retail.

I considered bbts for the pair of voyagers but it would have been well over $100 with taxes, shipping, duty, exchange etc

Not too bad. I just mean that if a group were to order, say, four of him that would cut shipping down to less than $3 each. Much nicer!