Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   haslab unicron (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=76942)

Landstander 07-15-2019 09:19 AM

haslab unicron

So I was looking at Hasbro pulse, and saw unicron. They need 8000 preorders, let’s get on it LOL sorry for no link, but just check out the transformers page and all the details are there. Who will be ordering the eater of planets?

GotBot 07-15-2019 09:31 AM

Re: haslab unicron

Word is, we can't since Haslabs is US only and they said if they get the minimum 8000 order they will start getting him out by 2021 and then look at ways to bring it internationally outside the US. I dunno, impressive looking but 27 inches tall and 574.99 USD? Impressive but the easiest pass of my life.

wervenom 07-15-2019 10:18 AM

Since it will probably be close to 1k I'm out but it would have been nice to own

Crobot91 07-15-2019 10:31 AM

I definitely need this for my collection. My WST collection will scale perfectly with it.

Hopefully Canadians will be able to purchase it. The price is very high but in my opinion justified in this case.

TheSwipe95 07-15-2019 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GotBot (Post 790654)
Word is, we can't since Haslabs is US only and they said if they get the minimum 8000 order they will start getting him out by 2021 and then look at ways to bring it internationally outside the US. I dunno, impressive looking but 27 inches tall and 574.99 USD? Impressive but the easiest pass of my life.

The info they give on the listing specifies "US and Canada only". With the exchange rate, though, we'd be looking at about $780. Yikes!

TheSwipe95 07-15-2019 11:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
So, after checking on it, this would be the final cost for Canadians. It works out to about $905 CAD. No thanks!

|
V

positivelyken 07-15-2019 11:38 AM

Toys that cost in the range of a mortgage payment are where I tap out, lol. Too rich for my blood. But it looks awesome.

andersox 07-15-2019 12:20 PM

daaaammmm. I want this so bad, but for almost $1k CAD I can't commit to that.

theoneyouknowleast 07-15-2019 01:47 PM

Make me wonder why they don't offer financing, haha.

That would only be 30-35 USD until its release!

joshimus 07-15-2019 01:54 PM

I would do a payment plan for him. That or I just start a monthly Unicron Only fund.

Sun Swipe Prime 07-15-2019 02:15 PM

I wonder how long it will take for a 3rd party company to offer their own version at the same size at half the price?

TriBlurr 07-15-2019 02:17 PM

My wife would kill me if I even tried to get it.

Looks amazing though. Good luck to Hasbro getting it off the ground.

SHCKWAVE 07-15-2019 02:19 PM

I would totally buy him BUT only if a payment plan was put into effect, like the huge Snake Mountain playset for the Masters line. $905.00 in one shot kills it for me...

GotBot 07-15-2019 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSwipe95 (Post 790676)
The info they give on the listing specifies "US and Canada only". With the exchange rate, though, we'd be looking at about $780. Yikes!

My mistake. I thought it was US only. I didn't read that hard as it was an instant pass for size and cost. I want to see this in a museum but, like, where do you put that? Imagine the dusting? Zero resale value. You buy this, you got it for life, like another kid lol.

optimusb39 07-15-2019 04:08 PM

Its a good eason to start saving. Who needs food eh?
Im so in on this.

Pgianos 07-15-2019 04:26 PM

Bought. You all better get it to 8k!

oroboru 07-15-2019 04:28 PM

Have fun, folks. If I was willing to drop this kind of money on a figure, I'd have gotten a Hot Toys Hulkbuster.

GotBot 07-15-2019 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pgianos (Post 790728)
Bought. You all better get it to 8k!

lol..good luck to you and the other backers but 900 dollars for a toy? Not in a billion years lmao.

Sureshot22 07-15-2019 04:51 PM

Would love it but like above. If I was going to spend that I would get hulkbuster first.

I'm out.

Pgianos 07-15-2019 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oroboru (Post 790731)
Have fun, folks. If I was willing to drop this kind of money on a figure, I'd have gotten a Hot Toys Hulkbuster.

Then you are on the wrong forum buddy

Pgianos 07-15-2019 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sureshot22 (Post 790735)
Would love it but like above. If I was going to spend that I would get hulkbuster first.

I'm out.

Aaaaaaaaaaand stay out

Pgianos 07-15-2019 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime (Post 790707)
I wonder how long it will take for a 3rd party company to offer their own version at the same size at half the price?

If they haven't already ... never

Pgianos 07-15-2019 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TriBlurr (Post 790708)
My wife would kill me if I even tried to get it.

Looks amazing though. Good luck to Hasbro getting it off the ground.

I'm willing to risk your life.

TriBlurr 07-15-2019 05:59 PM

Honestly, even if I could justify to myself and her, I just don't have the funds. Already saving for new winter tires. Old ones are ready for the dump.

QuadESL63 07-15-2019 06:09 PM

If you have an US address for shipping it is kind of ok.

They should have extended the crowd funding period for a few months more since we won’t see it for a year & a half at least... as it stand right now I couldn’t do it with a bunch of stuffs on preorders in August. Or if they had announced it a few days earlier I wouldn’t spend that much at TFCon lol

positivelyken 07-15-2019 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime (Post 790707)

OSKO or GTFO

Nocturn 07-15-2019 07:24 PM

Could afford it I wanted to. Choosing not to... $905 for one figure? Which is marginally bigger than the $230 Fort Max? Hasbro knows they've got us by the short hairs for a movie-accurate Unicron.

And the crowdfunding... They're a huge corporation, not some indie dev 3d printing in their garage. They have the capital to finance this themselves, but would rather take your money now for a figure they're not even releasing for two years...

I'll wait for the half price KO. Would've been way on board if it was in the $500 range. This feels like a gouge, IMO.

All the power to those choosing to buy this, you have to right to spend your money how you please. But personally? Get bent Hasbro.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pgianos (Post 790739)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pgianos (Post 790740)
Aaaaaaaaaaand stay out

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pgianos (Post 790741)
If they haven't already ... never

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pgianos (Post 790742)
I'm willing to risk your life.

Are you trying to be funny or are you actually offended people don't want to give Hasbro nearly a grand for a single figure...?

RNSrobot 07-15-2019 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by positivelyken (Post 790685)
Toys that cost in the range of a mortgage payment are where I tap out, lol. Too rich for my blood. But it looks awesome.

That's essentially what broke me out of old FunPub sub service figures and other exclusives. I looked at Thunder Mayhem on my shelf and was like, FUCK! That's a half month's rent! :primelaugh:

oroboru 07-15-2019 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pgianos (Post 790739)

Pish posh.. the Hulkbuster transforms too, and its die cast metal.

CyberDragon10K 07-16-2019 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by positivelyken (Post 790685)

Pretty much this.

I'll wait for the YouTube videos in a few years and admire it from afar. Can't even entertain buying this without winning the lottery first.

anemis 07-16-2019 07:56 AM

be patient... a KO version will defenitly be available at some point

canprime 07-16-2019 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anemis (Post 790808)
be patient... a KO version will defenitly be available at some point

The question will be whether or not the inevitable KO will be priced low enough for people to want to buy.

It seems the prevailing price point for those who won't buy is under $300. Seeing what some third party companies have offered (Wei Jiang) it is doable. However something this size and complexity may not be offered for as little as sub-$300. Especially if it is a quality KO of similar size.

Pascal 07-16-2019 08:13 AM

Pgianos is hard at work flashing his Internet muhney. lol

oroboru 07-16-2019 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pascal (Post 790810)
Pgianos is hard at work flashing his Internet muhney. lol

I’m waiting for his reply to my comment regarding his “gulp of fear” on the price tag.

QuadESL63 07-16-2019 11:53 AM

To be honest I’d rather stick with my preorders of 2 DX Chogokin Macross VF-1, SoC “Vehicle Voltron”, etc. Those I know will be of high quality and worth my dough. As well designed as it is, this is still mainline Siege quality. And it is not really that huge, really. Someone mentioned Hot Toys... yes, I’d rather spend it on those. And this is coming from a long time TF fans. Hey! With that amount I can get a ToyWorld Constructor/Devastator!

And they wanted the full amount in a month and a half for a figure that won’t be out in a year and a half?

ssjgoku22 07-16-2019 02:47 PM

I think this is Hasbro price-gouging again. For us to back this thing in Canada, it would cost us $752 each (before shipping)! I doubt it's going to be that high quality, it looks to be pretty much all plastic like everything else in the Seige line. If this thing was made by Fanstoys or was an MP Unicron, maybe that price could be justified. I'm just unsure about this because we haven't had much promotions or hands-on with the figure yet. Regardless, that price is really steep.

ssjgoku22 07-16-2019 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturn (Post 790753)
Could afford it I wanted to. Choosing not to... $905 for one figure? Which is marginally bigger than the $230 Fort Max? Hasbro knows they've got us by the short hairs for a movie-accurate Unicron.

And the crowdfunding... They're a huge corporation, not some indie dev 3d printing in their garage. They have the capital to finance this themselves, but would rather take your money now for a figure they're not even releasing for two years...

Totally agree with you bro. They know that their fanbase will do anything for their product, and now they're taking advantage of it. As you said, it's barely bigger than an already released figured that sold for $230, and now they're asking for more than triple that amount for Unicron. I think if people step back and let this one fail, Hasbro will somehow find a way to release it without crowdfunding for cheaper.

PrimalEnvy 07-16-2019 03:14 PM

To be somewhat fair to Hasbro, Unicron will be three times the weight of Fort Max, and presumably has more features and poseability. It's also a far more limited release. A corporation using crowdfunding is still questionable, though.

Pascal 07-16-2019 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 (Post 790864)
Totally agree with you bro. They know that their fanbase will do anything for their product, and now they're taking advantage of it. As you said, it's barely bigger than an already released figured that sold for $230, and now they're asking for more than triple that amount for Unicron. I think if people step back and let this one fail, Hasbro will somehow find a way to release it without crowdfunding for cheaper.

Barely bigger... lol. It's like 3 times the weight.

Sun Swipe Prime 07-16-2019 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canprime (Post 790809)
The question will be whether or not the inevitable KO will be priced low enough for people to want to buy.

It seems the prevailing price point for those who won't buy is under $300. Seeing what some third party companies have offered (Wei Jiang) it is doable. However something this size and complexity may not be offered for as little as sub-$300. Especially if it is a quality KO of similar size.

They did Omega Supreme for like $300, so I could see it happening. Also, IMHO, complex does not always mean better, so maybe something similar in size and less complex would more appealing overall product.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrimalEnvy (Post 790868)
To be somewhat fair to Hasbro, Unicron will be three times the weight of Fort Max, and presumably has more features and poseability. It's also a far more limited release. A corporation using crowdfunding is still questionable, though.

I wish I could be so hopeful, but the cynic in me says they'll do the minimum they can get away with, and that minimum does not involve three times the amount of materials as Fort Max.