Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers Customs and Artwork (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Repaints & Minor Mods Siege add-on kits and parts (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=77822)

1337w422102 11-12-2019 04:37 PM

Re: Siege add-on kits and parts

Nice work! How does it connect? Is there a stud on the back that plugs into the Siege-equivalent of a G.I. Joe Backpack Port? The sculpt is great.

Your pack has more paint than Ectotron! The four red lights on the cyclotron are a bit too vertically rectangular, and the stream should be a more wavey, not a straight cylinder but more of a reddish curve with blue lighting wrapped around it. Not throwing any shade your way!

Forgive me. I'm a member of the Montreal Ghostbusters so I'm clearly a bit too... well, pick your adjective. Great work once again and I can't wait to see what you come up with next.

4TonMantis 11-12-2019 05:57 PM

Hey, thanks for the feedback. You clearly know more about GB than I do! The proton pack connects via 5mm peg on the backside. I know the details are not exact but when printing this small some liberties need to be taken.
I agree the energy stream could use some work to be more accurate. It was my first attempt and I am limited to colors unless I paint which I don't do a lot of but I do appreciate your recommendations.

1337w422102 11-12-2019 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4TonMantis (Post 800565)
Hey, thanks for the feedback. You clearly know more about GB than I do! The proton pack connects via 5mm peg on the backside. I know the details are not exact but when printing this small some liberties need to be taken.
I agree the energy stream could use some work to be more accurate. It was my first attempt and I am limited to colors unless I paint which I don't do a lot of but I do appreciate your recommendations.

Make no mistake, I did not mean to discourage your or belittle your work! I really dig what you've done, my dude!

theoneyouknowleast 11-12-2019 07:38 PM

4TonMantis 11-12-2019 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theoneyouknowleast (Post 800574)

Thanks for the link. I don't think this would print very well on my FDM printer unfortunately as the stream parts are very thin and long. It would be easily broken. I think it is more suitable for printing from Shapeways but even that I would be worried about breakage. Thanks for the idea, its appreciated!

Megatropolis 11-13-2019 03:47 PM

wow those look great, very talented :D

riderman 11-15-2019 04:26 PM

Hey Guy, just want to say I am very impressed with these cool customs and parts. I have ordered some kits and I can't wait to get them soon. I know they will be awesome and I hope to have them before Christmas.

Thank you again 4TonMantis and wish you great success with your customs and hope to do more business with you in the future!

CyberMnky 11-15-2019 08:43 PM

Ive got both the Ironhide and Ratchet sets, as well as his ghostbusters pack and they are pretty damn awesome. Super impressed with the quality

riderman 11-15-2019 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberMnky (Post 800814)
Ive got both the Ironhide and Ratchet sets, as well as his ghostbusters pack and they are pretty damn awesome. Super impressed with the quality

Me too I got those two sets and the Ghostbusters Proton Pack and more. I can't wait to get them and I know they won't disappoint! I am so happy to get that Optimus Prime Jet Pack, what a great idea to make use of that huge Backpack. These were the ones I've ordered and I can't wait to see in the mail:

Optimus ALL KITS AND PARTS
Ratchet
Ironhide
Ghostbusters Proton pack

4TonMantis 11-17-2019 10:19 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Siege Impactor weaponry available. Created harpoon, drill, knife and gun so far. Impactor is a cool figure and surprisingly really like it.