Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers Feedback and Reviews (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Is Generations Blitzwing a Bad Toy? (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=48974)

FEZaid 08-14-2013 03:50 PM

Is Generations Blitzwing a Bad Toy?

Hi,

Maybe I might be blind when I look at the flaws, since Blitzwing is one of my favorite characters in the Transformers universe. So, Is Blitzwing a ba...ba..ba...d Toy?

Because the problem I had with it was the shoulder which I ended up fixing with a sander and the gun is tiny in my opinion but makes a good turret for tank mode.

RNSrobot 08-14-2013 04:23 PM

Re: Is Generations Blitzwing a Bad Toy?

Blitzwing is one of my favorite characters as well. I think he's a good toy with one big flaw and a couple minor ones. Too ambitious for his size class? Hasbro just needed better qc?

The shoulder issue is obviously huge. I feel like he's going to snap so easily everytime things move while trying to pose the arms. I feel like if you gave that to a kid who PLAYED with it, he'd break in minutes. I think it's fair to say from a play standpoint, he's a 'bad' toy.

The gun is too small and weirdly enough it won't sit right in his hand. You can't really peg it into the fist well and have it straight, it has to angle a bit. I'm sticking it into his shoulder...

But he's big, he looks cool, the three modes are pretty solid, the sword is great. I'm going to have to do a shoulder fix on him. He'll mostly sit on the shelf but I still like to transform and pose my toys, y'know?

I wonder if Doubledealer will fix some of these problems. Springer is a more solidly designed toy, but the Sandstorm version of the mold improved a lot of the little tabs. Sandstorm holds together much better than Springer.

chovner 08-14-2013 04:23 PM

I have no problems with the look of the figure overall, I really like it.

Undrave 08-14-2013 04:46 PM

The shoulders are bad, the legs are misproportionned, the spring loaded head gimmick doesn't lock and thus constantly push on the flimsy flexible nosecone, meaning that if you try to keep him in vehicle mode the nosecone will eventually break. It needed a solid plastic rim before the soft plastic cone so it could have ap roper solid locking system.

Aside from that it's a fun toy.

sarmick01 08-14-2013 04:56 PM

Mine has the nosecone issue and I really dont likethe plane mode.

Rev 08-14-2013 05:08 PM

Not a bad toy, just flawed. He needs a bigger gun, and I have no idea how he passed design inspection with that shoulder issue.

RNSrobot 08-14-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarmick01 (Post 528621)
Mine has the nosecone issue and I really dont likethe plane mode.

it's my least favorite, i dislike the huge gap on the back end. from the front it looks good enough.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev (Post 528623)
Not a bad toy, just flawed. He needs a bigger gun, and I have no idea how he passed design inspection with that shoulder issue.

yes and no kidding...

Darth Cylon 08-14-2013 05:48 PM

I wonder if the Takara one will fix the shoulder issue. Other than Takara MP, most Hasbro TF not only get production first, but they are mass produced. Takara's production run comes months later and in much less quantiues. Maybe Takara's production batch will fix the shoulder issue? Maybe?

Matrix_Holder 08-14-2013 05:53 PM

I wouldnt put too much faith that Takara will have that fixed, there is that 3rd party set coming out with a new head and a fix for the shoulders...I think I will pick that up. I think hes a great figure, no real complaints here.

wervenom 08-14-2013 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matrix_Holder (Post 528636)
I wouldnt put too much faith that Takara will have that fixed, there is that 3rd party set coming out with a new head and a fix for the shoulders...I think I will pick that up. I think hes a great figure, no real complaints here.

Agreed