Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Maketoys half decade sale (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=69231)

Chigimus 07-05-2017 08:18 AM

Maketoys half decade sale

This came across my Facebook feed and I didn't see it mentioned anywhere here on these boards. So it looks like for a 5-year anniversary of being in the business, Maketoys is offering some customer appreciation deals to buy directly from them. For example:

Cupola: $90
Yellow Giant: $325
Visualizers: $80
TrashTalk, CogWheel, RearEnd with Hurricane updgrade kit and My First Blaster: $100
Despotron: $100

$16.95 flat shipping as well. Not too bad if you missed out on some oldie-but-goodies.

Half Decade Deals | Product Categories | Maketoys Online Shop

If anyone is interested in TrashTalk and CogWheel still but doesn't need RearEnd, please PM me. I would really like to break that set up and share the cost with someone on that trio deal. I don't even want MFB or the Hurricane upgrade kit.

BoNKerS 07-05-2017 09:38 AM

Re: Maketoys half decade sale

I've been thinking hard on that Visualizers set.

I need that RearEnd lol

predahank 07-05-2017 10:53 AM

too bad ironwill isn't on sale
hesitated when I should have bought him during an a3u sale

predahank 07-05-2017 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoNKerS (Post 734768)
I've been thinking hard on that Visualizers set.

I need that RearEnd lol

rflol

ngnaw 07-06-2017 09:16 AM

Anyone know how long this sale will go on for???

mAk 07-06-2017 04:17 PM

Are these in U.S. prices? I'm not sure where Maketoys is based out of?

Chigimus 07-07-2017 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ngnaw (Post 734857)
Anyone know how long this sale will go on for???

It doesn't say how long the sale will run, but if you're really curious, you could always try asking MakeToys on their FB page.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mAk (Post 734895)
Are these in U.S. prices? I'm not sure where Maketoys is based out of?

Yes, pricing is in USD. Maketoys is based out of Japan but strangely, they're shipping out of Hong Kong this time around even though I bought Hypernovae direct from them before and they shipped from Japan back then.

Chigimus 07-13-2017 12:03 PM

Just a heads up, I got my order from them last night but got hit with customs. :( Good news though is that customs converted the currency and charged me tax based on the CAD equivalent value, so the tax wasn't as much. Maybe try to get them to undervalue the item if there's a comments section (I don't remember if there is one); marking it as a gift on the declarations form did not help.

ngnaw 07-13-2017 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chigimus (Post 735597)
Just a heads up, I got my order from them last night but got hit with customs. :( Good news though is that customs converted the currency and charged me tax based on the CAD equivalent value, so the tax wasn't as much. Maybe try to get them to undervalue the item if there's a comments section (I don't remember if there is one); marking it as a gift on the declarations form did not help.

What did you end up getting? I was debating on Visualizers set but I'm saving for the Dinobots.

Chigimus 07-14-2017 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ngnaw (Post 735612)
What did you end up getting? I was debating on Visualizers set but I'm saving for the Dinobots.

Despotron, which now that I had to pay about an extra $15 thanks to customs, it no longer seems like quite as good a deal. I might just sell him instead for that price, lol. :rofl: