Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Refraktors Dilemma (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=77583)

Goaliebot 09-14-2019 11:45 AM

The Refraktors Dilemma

Anyone else having trouble choosing?

QuadESL63 09-14-2019 11:49 AM

Re: The Refraktors Dilemma

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goaliebot (Post 796407)
Anyone else having trouble choosing?

No, I already got both...

timcrook 09-14-2019 11:54 AM

I went with 3rd party, easier to find/buy

MonstaBot 09-14-2019 12:05 PM

For My Headcanon and obsession with Army/Troop building I collected as follows:

1 set of G1 Toy colors as the leaders

2 sets of G1 Cartoon colors as the drones/troops...
I was considering a third set if I can find anymore that is=;p

chrislopa 09-14-2019 12:06 PM

I got the three individuals ones. And then found the toys r us exclusive so got that one. I put the normal one on for sale since I have not need for two sets. Plus I don’t have the space

ngnaw 09-14-2019 12:31 PM

I like the Mech Fans Toys Camera Brothers set, i'll stick with that.

Banshee 09-14-2019 12:38 PM

I went with the reconnaisance set. Bots of different colors and the extra parts are more interesting.

Pgianos 09-14-2019 12:45 PM

I want the cartoon color with the extra parts !? What do I do?

imfallenangel 09-14-2019 01:00 PM

I cracked... Just got the box set and it's better in person than expected.

Alexander Quinn 09-14-2019 01:05 PM

I like the cartoon colours, but dig the accessories that make the combined mode look more camera-esque. That said, I can’t justify $100 for a plastic camera that doesn’t take pictures. Passing for now.

RNSrobot 09-14-2019 01:23 PM

Box set motherf******

neevnav 09-14-2019 01:54 PM

As someone who isn't going to get either as I'm not collecting Siege, the box set looks much nicer. And the extra parts in camera mode make it.

Collectingtoys 09-14-2019 02:12 PM

If it is within your budget, get both.

I got the Reconnaissance set, but haven't opened it yet. All the photos & video reviews look really nice though, but I still really like the G1 cartoon colours.

Msol 09-14-2019 03:45 PM

I got both to put the box set add-ons onto the all-purple camera. I have more money than sense.

wervenom 09-14-2019 03:57 PM

The individual releases were fine for me

imfallenangel 09-14-2019 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexander Quinn (Post 796429)
I like the cartoon colours, but dig the accessories that make the combined mode look more camera-esque. That said, I can’t justify $100 for a plastic camera that doesn’t take pictures. Passing for now.

I was thinking the same way, but as I'm in photography, the idea of this set kept pulling and I have to think "if I skip this one, will I regret it", regardless of the serious overpricing on this figure (as it's really much smaller than all other deluxes), but as it appears to be jumping off the shelves, with a single one left at my local ToyRus, I cracked.... but once in hand, I've been playing with it all day and it's a really nice set.

While I understand that some do prefer the purple cartoon version, for me, I simply find this set so much better. Having different colours really makes it more spiffy, gives it more personnality, and th colours are really nicely done.

And on top of that, you can find alt modes that makes this set beyond just the camera mode.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/iX...J=w788-h591-no

BludChylde 09-14-2019 04:47 PM

The individual bots if I can. The box set looks cool and I like the add ons that really give it more of a professional camera look, but I prefer the cartoon colors as it's what I'm more familiar with.

Akroyer 09-14-2019 05:44 PM

The 3 purple release ones. I much prefer those colors. Id like to have the camera add ons, but Im not buying the box set just for that. Im sure 3rd party will whip up something eventually.

Matrix_Holder 09-14-2019 06:57 PM

I bought the 3 pack from Tru and I bought a hasbro refraktor from amazon USA and 2 takara for cheaper than Canadian retail and less annoying than having to hunt down 3 at Canadian retail as they're only 2 per case and everyone us looking for 3 of them.

positivelyken 09-14-2019 07:42 PM

Since I'm going for screen-accurate representation, I got three purple Refraktors.

MilanX3 09-14-2019 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RNSrobot (Post 796432)
Box set motherf******

Hahaha....well said!

I think finding 3 individual purple ones has been such a challenge that it would be easier finding the box set. Packing 2 Refraktors in each manufacturer box when you need three, with no news of a re-release in a future wave for this figure is absurd.

Preferably both would be best.

DesertDog 09-14-2019 09:01 PM

Bought both.

Xtreme987 09-14-2019 09:37 PM

Chose other. I have 1 Siege Refraktor & that's all I need. :)

Amandahugnkiss 09-15-2019 08:17 AM

I already have one, and I don't know why I should spend about $40 for two more to make a nonworking camera when I have a working camera that I can do YouTube videos and everything on my phone. I might do one on the one I have.

CobraCommander 09-15-2019 09:11 AM

I got both.

Msol 09-15-2019 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amandahugnkiss (Post 796508)
I already have one, and I don't know why I should spend about $40 for two more to make a nonworking camera when I have a working camera that I can do YouTube videos and everything on my phone. I might do one on the one I have.

Cause it’s cool?

MapleMegatron 09-15-2019 12:44 PM

I went for what I found first, which in this case was the 3 pack.

evenstaves 09-15-2019 01:18 PM

I'm in for the 3-pack, I'm less attached to the show and would rather go toy-deco

As has been mentioned previously, shame they didn't get individually-tooled faces though

RNSrobot 09-15-2019 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amandahugnkiss (Post 796508)

I don't know why I should spend money on a non working gun. Non working car. Non working jet. Wtf? It's a transformer. You don't buy a transformer because it does something in real life. It's a TOY.

Amandahugnkiss 09-15-2019 02:30 PM

Usually the Transformers that turn into cars are a lot cheaper than ones you can drive. I thought I had successfully managed to make the Refraktor I have resemble a camera, but I just tried it again and failed because I can't figure out how to attach that big lens, and I can't get the legs positioned the way they look in pictures so I turned him back into a robot. Even though the pictures and instructions don't say to do it, I attached the gun to the lens thing to make it look like a bigger gun so I don't have to have loose pieces.

Pascal 09-16-2019 10:26 AM

Can CW Devastator hold Refraktor in camera mode?

Yonoid 09-16-2019 01:37 PM

So far I have 2/3 of the wave 3 deluxe refraktor, but after finally playing around with the papatoys version I may not even keep the siege one. The amount of accessories that comes with the papatoys makes it more worthwhile.

that being said I might just get the siege one for my kid if I ever find a 3rd one.

Amandahugnkiss 09-16-2019 01:40 PM

I have one third. The camera looks cool so I might try to get the rest. I'll have to Google for a review because they don't tell how to turn them into a camera in the instructions.

Tonestar 09-16-2019 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amandahugnkiss (Post 796637)
I have one third. The camera looks cool so I might try to get the rest. I'll have to Google for a review because they don't tell how to turn them into a camera in the instructions.

Checkout Youtube. There are plenty of reviewers that show how the 3 of them form the camera.

Fear or Courage 09-16-2019 03:22 PM

I got the box set on impulse when it first appeared, and I'm happy with it. It helps that Viewfinder can pass the squint test and stand in as Cartoon Reflector. Spyglass sort of can, too.

RNSrobot 09-16-2019 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonestar (Post 796641)
Checkout Youtube. There are plenty of reviewers that show how the 3 of them form the camera.

I think I read on TFW recently that the Japanese release of Reflector does have theinstructions, so you should be able to look them up, as well.

steamwhistle 09-17-2019 12:47 PM

I had already acquired 3 of the regular ones, and then bought the 3-pack when I found out it was available. So, that is my answer.

I hadn't been paying attention. I think, if I knew about everything, then I would have targeted the 3-pack and 2 of the regular Refraktors.

I haven't opened any of them yet.

Currently, I am figuring to give Spectro (red) the boot, and replace him with one of the regular ones. Other than that, mix'n'match to see what looks good to me. Grey tripod for camera mode for sure.

Amandahugnkiss 09-17-2019 12:55 PM

If you wanna give one of your Transformers away, send me a PM; and I'll give you my mailing address.

wesperino 09-17-2019 04:30 PM

TRU online has refraktor purple one in stock for n e 1 looking for him still

Zenith27 09-17-2019 11:09 PM

I saw the set available on eBay after Comicon - pass
Saw the set available on Hasbro pulse - pass
I heard the set was coming to TrU in Canada - pass
Saw a sighting 2 blocks from my house yesterday - pass
Stopped off to pick up a Genesis 6-button controller and saw the box in the store - BUY!

I'M NOT MADE OF STONE DAMNIT!