Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers Customs and Artwork (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Repaints & Minor Mods New 'Con to the ranks (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=57548)

plowking 01-27-2015 07:01 PM

New 'Con to the ranks

5 Attachment(s)

This dude started out as a junker Grapple from eBay that was missing parts, and had heavy gouges in the windshield.

Thanks to J R Van Wagner from "The Cybertron Cafe" group for hooking me up with the parts I needed to make him whole again...it's rather difficult to find someone willing to part ways with "just an arm"

I did my best to get the windshield flat again...had to sand, and sand, and sand some more to get it flat again, I unfortunately sanded away the wipers in the process, but the end result is much better than what I started with.

The head is from Cybertron Dropshot. The hand and hammer are from TF: Prime Magnus, The "gun-hand" is a combination of parts from a Star Wars TF, and an Armada Megatron.

Alt mode is supposed to be an overhead boom utility service truck. (thanks Chans!)

Paints used are Krylon Satin Black, some off brand Safety Green, Model Masters Silver and Satin Black (both Acrylics) and Testors Gloss Silver (enamel) 'Con insignia is courtesy of Reprolabels.

First time in years I've went this "in depth" with a custom...actually had a blast making him. Hope you guys dig him as much as I do.

Thanks to James aka Transformatics James for the inspiration. Loved his (Award Winning) take on Long Haul from the same mold.

Robimus 01-28-2015 03:41 AM

Re: New 'Con to the ranks

Looks really cool. What is his name?

jjwankenobi 01-28-2015 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robimus (Post 622216)
Looks really cool. What is his name?

May I recommend "B.G.D." for "Boom Goes the Dynamite"?

Awesome. Bravo!

I'd definitely feel unsafe and suspicious if that was parked outside my house fiddiling with the power lines.

ironclaugh 01-28-2015 04:21 AM

Are you taking name sugguestions? Here are some anyways! haha

Fortnight
Cherry-picker
Topload

Rodimus Prime1 01-28-2015 01:47 PM

Looks better on this site ;)

How about De-enigizer seeing he is a powerline truck, if your looking for names that is.

JLvatron 01-28-2015 02:27 PM

Nice vacuum cleaner mode for the gun! :D

Nice painting job there. Apart from the custom deco style, it really looks factory-applied.

plowking 01-28-2015 02:32 PM

thanks guys.

As far as a name, never really took the time to think of one. I just kept referring to him as "MeanGreen" while I was working on him.

Nemesis Predaking 01-30-2015 11:07 PM

Sensei, it good to see you back!

chans formers 01-31-2015 01:38 PM

"buckethead"...."powerline"...."incapacitor"(p lay on capacitator:p)my friend,we can play all day!!

awesome salvage of a junker, reduce/reuse/recycle has never looked better mang!!:highfive:

@jlvatron,lolz,now i can't stop seeing a hoover mode....

plowking 01-31-2015 02:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by JLvatron (Post 622302)
Nice vacuum cleaner mode for the gun! :D

I just cant "unsee" this myself now...:p

Here's a shot of him holding the vacuum clea...HAMMER!..I meant hammer!!

http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/attac...1&d=1422730146

thanks again guys!