Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   International Transformers News (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Hasbro Planning To Raise Toy Prices And Modifying For A Cost Cut (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=77419)

Super_Megatron 08-28-2019 11:30 PM

Hasbro Planning To Raise Toy Prices And Modifying For A Cost Cut

https://news.tfw2005.com/wp-content/...iffs-China.jpg

Hasbro CEO Brian Goldner spoke to CNBC and Yahoo Finance yesterday, regarding the future of the company. Among the discussion points was the mitigation and contingency plan for the eventual US tariff increase to be imposed to toys manufactured in China. As a temporary solution Hasbro is planning to pass-on the price increase to the customer and therefore safeguading the retailers. “We’re having conversations with our retailers and of course we will pass along those costs.” The company hopes to “effectively pass on those costs” by mitigating the margin internally. But “ultimately, [they] will be borne by the » Continue Reading.

The post Hasbro Planning To Raise Toy Prices And Modifying For A Cost Cut appeared first on Transformer World 2005 - TFW2005.COM.

More...

chaingunsofdoom 08-29-2019 12:22 AM

Re: Hasbro Planning To Raise Toy Prices And Modifying For A Cost Cut

The only TFs still made in China are: the G1 WM re-releases, some Tiny Turbo changers (non-Cyberverse) and some BotBots. Unless I missed something, no reason for a TF price jump.

ssjgoku22 08-29-2019 12:25 AM

If prices go any higher, then screw them. 3rd party all the way.

Delta-Raven 08-29-2019 12:44 AM

If this raises our prices here in Canada I'm gonna be pretty mad at the obvious price gouging since we aren't taking part in this trade war and haven't levelled any tariffs.

Edit: we haven't levelled tariffs against China. There was a flurry of tariffs between us here and the US during the whole NAFTA replacement drama. I'll admit though that I haven't been keeping totally up to date on all the US-China trade war drama, so if someone more informed wants to correct me in any of this I'd appreciate it :)

Baryonyx 08-29-2019 02:15 AM

Prices are already prohibitively high... $30 for a Deluxe? Get out of here with that.

galaxize 08-29-2019 02:28 AM

As if mass produced pieces of plastic werent enough. Ill happily take my money to 3rd parties and get a much higher quality product for a similar price.

alternatorfan 08-29-2019 03:30 AM

But we still gonna buy dont kid yourself....lm not.

Grimlock4Prime 08-29-2019 04:30 AM

Since most Hasbro Transformers are made in Vietnam now and most, if not all, 3rd party figures are made in China still, what are the odds of 3rd party figure costs going up?

justprime 08-29-2019 07:16 AM

Any excuse ....they should fix there lousy distrabution and qc issues before pulling this shit tired of paying there high prices plus do to no stock ,short stock ,and buying outside of the country for stuff that should be on shelves in quantity here. Rant ends

QuadESL63 08-29-2019 07:39 AM

Third party products, esp the top tier ones, are also creeping up. Don’t kid yourselves.