Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   International Transformers News (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Hasbro to Phase Out Plastic from New Toy and Game Packaging Starting 2020 (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=77328)

Super_Megatron 08-20-2019 01:30 PM

Hasbro to Phase Out Plastic from New Toy and Game Packaging Starting 2020

https://news.tfw2005.com/wp-content/...-Packaging.jpg

An announcement via Hasbro.com let us learn an important decision for Hasbro’s products packaging in the near future. Brian Goldner, Hasbro’s Chairman and CEO states: “Removing plastic from our packaging is the latest advancement in our more than decade-long journey to create a more sustainable future for our business and our world” According to the extra information from the article, beginning in 2020, Hasbro plans to begin phasing out plastic from new product packaging (all their brands, not only Transformers). These plans will include plastic elements like polybags, elastic bands, shrink wrap, window sheets and blister packs. The goal » Continue Reading.

The post Hasbro to Phase Out Plastic from New Toy and Game Packaging Starting 2020 appeared first on Transformer World 2005 - TFW2005.COM.

More...

Corvicron 08-20-2019 01:48 PM

Re: Hasbro to Phase Out Plastic from New Toy and Game Packaging Starting 2020

All transformers to be Diecast from now on!

CobraCommander 08-20-2019 04:29 PM

Or made out of meat?

DCompose 08-20-2019 04:51 PM

Goodbye Star Wars Vintage & TF Reissues. Not to mention any future GI Joe Retro.

Sun Swipe Prime 08-20-2019 05:11 PM

Well, they've been phasing out plastic from their toys already, so par for the course I guess. More obvious gaps in their boxes, just like their transformers.

GotBot 08-20-2019 06:08 PM

Hope the trend going forward isn't the Jetfire packaging...thieves are LOVING that, just open the box, steal the figure, close the box. I have already heard reports. No one would know until they lifted it, which, let's be honest, store employees aren't doing very much, plus you cannot look for defects or anything that way. I will be interested to see what they come up with....from this company, I'm not holding my breath for anything sensible, they rarely make wise business choices in the last few years..

Yonoid 08-20-2019 06:43 PM

I'm all for reducing plastic but my concern is there is no way to identify bad paint jobs.
Or if someone swaps the figure and returns it.

canprime 08-20-2019 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yonoid (Post 794006)
I'm all for reducing plastic but my concern is there is no way to identify bad paint jobs.
Or if someone swaps the figure and returns it.

I think we will see some fully boxed figures, but smaller/cheaper figures will probably be like Cyberverse Alpha Trion. Basically an open air figure minimally attached to cardboard backing.

positivelyken 08-20-2019 07:07 PM

All figures will be sold loose in bulk bins.

optimusb39 08-20-2019 08:32 PM

Solution: transparent aluminum!