Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Siege Springer (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=77236)

Pran 08-11-2019 02:01 PM

Siege Springer

Is it just me, or is Springer just not a fun toy. The modes all look great, the colors are wonderful, and he is a great representation of the character. The issue I have is the transformation. I just can't seem to get each of the modes to line up without having to fuss with him. It feels like i'm trying to fight the toy, rather then enjoying the transformation. What do you guys think? Great toy, with bad transformation? Like i honestly couldn't see a child of 8+ have any luck transforming this toy.

Pascal 08-11-2019 03:24 PM

Re: Siege Springer

If only I could find one...

Lioconvoy81 08-11-2019 03:29 PM

I couldn’t disagree more. He’s easily the most fun Siege release, in my mind. He’s by far the most likely go-to when I reach for someone to fiddle with off my Siege shelf.

That said, there is definitely a set order to his transformation steps. This is not one to try by yourself without the instructions, or better yet, a video review. The armature for his shoulders is stiff at first, and takes some force to line up right the first couple times, but is fine by the third attempt.

If you’re still having issues after watching a video, I would honestly wonder if you got a bad QC copy. He is a joy to transform and my favorite figure of the line.

ssjgoku22 08-11-2019 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pascal (Post 793268)
If only I could find one...

Right? What is wrong with Hasbro distribution?

Ozrein 08-11-2019 04:35 PM

Siege Springer is one of the best figures I’ve purchased in a while. The transformation is pretty intuitive if you’re experienced with TFs, maybe a little fiddly at times but I haven’t had any problems getting things to line up properly.

Alexander Quinn 08-11-2019 05:50 PM

The instructions are rubbish, but once I figured out wtf was going on he seems pretty easy to get locked into each of the modes. I would jump on the ‘watch a video review’ bandwagon. There are some really small but simple steps that maybe you aren’t getting lined up that could be effecting how everything locks in. (There’s a subtle shift in his waist area that makes the copter mode in particular line up better.)

Only problem I have with him is his bot mode seems... unstable. Like all those pin joints and swivels that make up his legs and ankles don’t give him the best stability, at least on mine. Even in a vanilla pose he seems unbalanced.

Xtreme987 08-11-2019 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 (Post 793273)
Right? What is wrong with Hasbro distribution?

Hasbro's bad distribution has been going on for years. We better get used to it cuz it probably won't change for quite some time.

ssjgoku22 08-11-2019 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xtreme987 (Post 793287)
Hasbro's bad distribution has been going on for years. We better get used to it cuz it probably won't change for quite some time.

It's gotten a lot worse recently across all of their titles though.

imfallenangel 08-12-2019 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pran (Post 793262)
Is it just me, or is Springer just not a fun toy. The modes all look great, the colors are wonderful, and he is a great representation of the character. The issue I have is the transformation. I just can't seem to get each of the modes to line up without having to fuss with him. It feels like i'm trying to fight the toy, rather then enjoying the transformation. What do you guys think? Great toy, with bad transformation? Like i honestly couldn't see a child of 8+ have any luck transforming this toy.

I stated the same in another thread somewhere... he looks great, he's overall a very nice figure and I'm happy to have him as I almost passed.

But yes, he is a nasty beast of burden to align everything right for transformation.

He's another example of where the engineers could have done a very few tweaks and such and he would have been fantastic, but instead he's a "ok, good enough, it's gonna sell like this".

P.S. his ankle/feet are simply horrible and in time, will most certainly wobble and fall as they aren't going to hold him up at all once these friction joints are even just a bit worn.

imfallenangel 08-12-2019 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ozrein (Post 793276)
Siege Springer is one of the best figures I’ve purchased in a while. The transformation is pretty intuitive if you’re experienced with TFs, maybe a little fiddly at times but I haven’t had any problems getting things to line up properly.

You know what.. to some, that's insulting.

Some of us have been probably transforming robots since before a LOT of members were even born, and for myself in the last 40+ years, I believe that I've only hit a couple of transformers that proved to be a challenge simply because they are simple not intuitive at all.

This figure is one of them. It's not about how he transforms, but how every part needs to be exactly aligned for it to transform correctly.

Maybe some are faulty and have tighter joints or such than others, maybe you're mistransforming him and not even noticing... but in all of the Siege line, he is by far the longest one to transform and the most finicky.

If you're not having issues, then good for you, but assuming what you stated, just not cool.