Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Canadian Transformers News (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Toys R Us Canada & Walmart 2011 Boxing Day Sales (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=37096)

Nomad 12-21-2011 11:33 AM

Re: Toys R Us Canada & Walmart Boxing Day Sales

Exactly.

If I get denied my price adjustment request, then I'll just try the usual "alright, then I guess I'll return Unicron & buy him again" thing.

sikkbones 12-21-2011 11:33 AM

i'm, expecting lots of DOTM Stock left.

Skystriker 12-21-2011 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nomad (Post 395665)
Exactly.

If I get denied my price adjustment request, then I'll just try the usual "alright, then I guess I'll return Unicron & buy him again" thing.

What if they don't let you return it during that boxing day sale period? In the past you sometimes had to wait after a specified date to return stuff.

Skystriker

Nomad 12-21-2011 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skystriker (Post 395676)
What if they don't let you return it during that boxing day sale period? In the past you sometimes had to wait after a specified date to return stuff.

Skystriker

If that's the case, then I'll just buy a new Unicron at 40% off, and then come back in a day or so to return what I paid 30% off for. Like, I'll physically bring back the new one to avoid opening a 2nd box, but you get the idea. This plan will of course fail if they're sold out, but it's worth the potential to save some money, and I'll probably save gas by doing it on a day when I'm already going out that way.

Batman 12-21-2011 02:11 PM

Re: Toys R Us Canada & Walmart 2011 Boxing Day Sales

They really want to unload those DOTM toys. The TRU by my place had 2 walls full and a bin of DOTM deluxes on my last visit.

OptimusNIXX 12-21-2011 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Batman (Post 395720)
They really want to unload those DOTM toys. The TRU by my place had 2 walls full and a bin of DOTM deluxes on my last visit.

Really bad move for overstocking those DOTM toys... They shouldn't have done that. Remember those wave 1 toys were on the shelve for like 6 months before wave 2 comes on board, which is released 3-4 months later than US and other countries. Now, I really wonder if Wave 5/6 (the one with Que and Soundwave) will ever come to Canada.

The good side of these sales is TRU just put everything in the same category on sale, which also includes the new TFP toys. That's the bright side!!! :raisetheroof:

Nomad 12-21-2011 02:59 PM

It might've been unfavorable back then, but if the stores can get wave 1 stuff in larger volumes & at lower costs to the stores, it's more than understandable. Also, it doesn't hurt to keep in mind how centralized all of these big stores are, and how people outside of the specific fandom wouldn't notice the difference.

Not that I'm complaining about being able to get Prime shit at sale prices, but yeah. None of this is surprising, especially for smaller areas, which all of Canada pretty much falls under.

Requateer 12-21-2011 05:55 PM

Went to two different TRUs today for some Bulkhead hunting and figured I'd check while I was there. Both places confirmed that Price-adjusting for the boxing week sale is fine as long as you're still within the 2-week limit.

sikkbones 12-21-2011 06:30 PM

tru also ordered HTFD in abundance and that whole line has shelfwarmed in hamilton.

CBII 12-21-2011 06:47 PM

$6...WOW

A.) Excellent price.
B.) they're still turning a profit which is sad
C.) you know you're current lines are crap when you have to lower the price that much.
D.) $6 is just about the right price for Ultimate prime....lol