Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   TFcon Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Panel Suggestions (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=66631)

Sunstar 11-30-2016 02:43 AM

Panel Suggestions

I would offer the suggestion of a panel of a "hard core" collectors.

By this I mean bring a couple of the collectors out there, such as myself (Collecting Starscreams only)(and I would volunteer to do this - if there are more than two others) to discuss what drives us to collect the figures we do. I am sure we could twist the arm of the Fiend - since he has a huge collection.

its just a thought to toss out there.

Fiend6669 12-01-2016 02:04 AM

Re: Panel Suggestion.

Wow. Haven't been on Cybertron.ca in a very long time, like almost 5 years! Amazing how much of one's time and energy dating takes up, huh?!
But ya, I'm always up for talking TFs with fellow hardcore collectors! Thanks for the mention and the suggestion, Sunstar.
Not sure, really, what drives me to collect the way I do, other than I loves me some TFs and have a compulsive need to get them ALL! I guess you could say I'm obsessive, having ~9000 pieces in my collection, and sacrificing so much in my life to get as many as I do, but I pay my bills, I sometimes eat, and I'm good with spending the rest on my addiction. S'just what I've always done. Some say I'm committed, most say I oughta be committed! LOL

Protoman 12-13-2016 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunstar (Post 715171)
I would offer the suggestion of a panel of a "hard core" collectors.

By this I mean bring a couple of the collectors out there, such as myself (Collecting Starscreams only)(and I would volunteer to do this - if there are more than two others) to discuss what drives us to collect the figures we do. I am sure we could twist the arm of the Fiend - since he has a huge collection.

its just a thought to toss out there.

I did panel awhile back about how to be a hardcore collector with limited funds (Based on my own tricks and experience growing my collection while working a minimum wage more then 10-15 years ago)

Mind you that panel was in 2013 so maybe something updated is worth putting together.

Sunstar 12-14-2016 12:35 AM

I am such a limited funds collector too.

Super_Megatron 01-06-2017 12:19 PM

If you want to come up with a summary of talking points and email the TFcon email we can discuss. Thanks!

General Tekno 01-16-2017 03:50 PM

I can see it being useful especially given the CAD has nosedived in the last few years. My own collecting habits have definitely shifted in part due to that.

Sunstar 01-21-2017 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Tekno (Post 719370)
I can see it being useful especially given the CAD has nosedived in the last few years. My own collecting habits have definitely shifted in part due to that.

I can see that. I know as a lower income collector I have to plan/save and ultimately kick things off my list.

Dynamo.Dave 01-21-2017 10:04 PM

I'd attend this!

Fiend6669 01-21-2017 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dynamo.Dave (Post 719949)
I'd attend this!

Ditto!

Sunstar 01-30-2017 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fiend6669 (Post 719950)
Ditto!

I'd think I'd want you to be in the panel.... I still have to work out the sort of topics...Yet. I did start just been busy with other things, and this weekend was a right pita. got nothing I wanted to do done.