Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers Customs and Artwork (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Revoltech Skywarp and Thundercracker (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=13276)

chris-morada 01-26-2009 02:45 PM

Revoltech Skywarp and Thundercracker

Tought I'd share this custom I've completed about two weeks ago. This is one of the two Revoltech figures sent to me by a returning client. After he received his custom Revoltech Nemesis Prime, he decided to send me two additional figures. Both were Revoltech Starscream, my client requested me to do two different characters, one to be Thundercracker and the other is Skywarp.

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/7...agecopyru1.jpg
http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/5...collageer8.jpg

zuffyprime 01-26-2009 02:50 PM

Re: Revoltech Skywarp and Thundercracker

those look really nice man, great work!

chris-morada 01-26-2009 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zuffyprime (Post 105123)
those look really nice man, great work!

Thanks Zuffyprime! :)

GMfan 01-26-2009 03:05 PM

Shocking no one did this sooner...nice work, I like the shine the paint gives them.

chris-morada 01-26-2009 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMfan101 (Post 105128)
Shocking no one did this sooner...nice work, I like the shine the paint gives them.

I hope Kaiyodo gets the message and makes em.:)

Thanks by the way GMfan101!

chans formers 01-26-2009 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMfan101 (Post 105128)

i did a set too already,just too lazy to dig them out and take pics.i like the blue you used on thundercracker!(i used too dark of a blue,yours looks so much more true to the character!!)are the paints you used "metallic?"awesome job btw,the paint looks flawless!!!!now you just need some decepticon symbols and get started on sunstorm!!!!(i just noticed too,love the blue pearl in skywarps purple!!!!)

chris-morada 01-26-2009 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chans formers (Post 105145)
i did a set too already,just too lazy to dig them out and take pics.i like the blue you used on thundercracker!(i used too dark of a blue,yours looks so much more true to the character!!)are the paints you used "metallic?"awesome job btw,the paint looks flawless!!!!now you just need some decepticon symbols and get started on sunstorm!!!!(i just noticed too,love the blue pearl in skywarps purple!!!!)

Hey Chan I encourage you to dig for that figure, be proud and show your art to the world!:)

About the paint, did you use solid blue or clear?
The paint I used for this was House of Color clear blue, you know automotive exotic paint samples and added green pearlsents powder.
As for the cons symbols, I did make an effort to order the trough Reprolables, but got lost during the holidays, ughhhh... Anyway I don't have the funds yet to make a Revoltech Sunstorm yet, hopefully one of my fequent returning clients ask me to do one, I'll post it if it happens.

By the way thanks for commenting!:)

chans formers 01-26-2009 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris-morada (Post 105150)
Hey Chan I encourage you to dig for that figure, be proud and show your art to the world!:)

About the paint, did you use solid blue or clear?
The paint I used for this was House of Color clear blue, you know automotive exotic paint samples and added green pearlsents powder.
As for the cons symbols, I did make an effort to order the trough Reprolables, but got lost during the holidays, ughhhh... Anyway I don't have the funds yet to make a Revoltech Sunstorm yet, hopefully one of my fequent returning clients ask me to do one, I'll post it if it happens.

By the way thanks for commenting!:)

the paint i used was tamiya "blue",which ended up looking about 2 shades away from navy blue once it all dried:(one of these days i'll dig'em out,too much projects at once,could be good,could be bad.:Dbut the pearls you used totally look pimp!!!if you look at the classics skywarp and thunder cracker i did not too long ago,they're painted with the exact same paint as what i did on the revoltech versions.i also like how you used a darker "gunmetal" chrome as opposed to silver.on mine i used tamiya gloss silver but it looks kinda too shiny.nice color choices!!!

chris-morada 01-26-2009 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chans formers (Post 105152)
the paint i used was tamiya "blue",which ended up looking about 2 shades away from navy blue once it all dried:(one of these days i'll dig'em out,too much projects at once,could be good,could be bad.:Dbut the pearls you used totally look pimp!!!

Wait Tamiya Acrylic or Tamiya Can? Did you primer it white first??

Hey I'm not mad at ya, I got greedy when the TFMT movie came out, I went every single stores around here that sold TF's daily and now I'm stuck with three tote containers full of movie figs. I'm worried because ROTF Figures are coming out soon, I know I'm going to buy them. This next couple of months I need to finish up.

chans formers 01-26-2009 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris-morada (Post 105156)
Wait Tamiya Acrylic or Tamiya Can? Did you primer it white first??

Hey I'm not mad at ya, I got greedy when the TFMT movie came out, I went every single stores around here that sold TF's daily and now I'm stuck with three tote containers full of movie figs. I'm worried because ROTF Figures are coming out soon, I know I'm going to buy them. This next couple of months I need to finish up.

tamiya acrylic,in the small bottles about an inch and a half tall.i brushed it on,then sprayed the clear.you must have sprayed yours for the base coat right?yours looks so much better!!about the tons of movie figs,i'm in the same boat too!bought most of them for bashes and customs,yet never had the time to do much with them except for the odd one here and there.:(