Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Canadian Transformers News (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Transformers Collaborative Back to the Future Mash-Up Gigawatt Released in Canada (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=81261)

Msol 11-11-2020 04:48 PM

Re: Transformers Collaborative Back to the Future Mash-Up Gigawatt Released in Canada

Yeah I bought 2 in the US for $30 american each and sent them to a friend down there. I'm sorry but there is no way I'm supporting $60 CAD for this figure. Maybe $40 for the remolding.

CobraCommander 11-11-2020 09:13 PM

Re: Transformers Collaborative Back to the Future Mash-Up Gigawatt Released in Canada

Yup $30 USD should be around $40 CDN. Walmart and EB are scalping! They probably got their price from completed auctions on ebay, lol

Alexander Quinn 11-12-2020 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLvatron (Post 823396)
Wasn't Ectotron expensiver?

Nope. Same price. And Ecto is a decent sized Voyager figure. Still over priced at $60, but with the Edge discount and the cool exclusive crossover nature of the figure I was ok with it. But I can’t justify it on Gigawatt. And I freakin love BTTF. That said I’m thinking of buying the Playmobile version. It’s bigger, cheaper, and lights up. Plus I feel like it might be able to get a 3 3/4 inch figure stuffed inside it, so you can do a Mandalorian in a DeLorian.

evenstaves 11-12-2020 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLvatron (Post 823396)
Wasn't Ectotron expensiver?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexander Quinn (Post 823430)
Nope. Same price.

I could've sworn I paid $69.99 plus tax for Ectotron in-store at the local EB

Are you guys saying they are charging seventy bucks for Gigawatt!?!? This isn't a damn Funpub aftermarket fig

1337w422102 11-12-2020 11:19 AM

Ectotron was absolute garbage at a ridiculously-inflated price. A Deluxe pretending to be a Voyager, priced like a Leader.

I'm sure this will be a similar disappointment. Based off the photos alone, man, there are design decisions that are just pants-on-head.

Mine is on the Purolator truck right now, though. For this limited-run figures that will be sought-after (and marked up higher) when they're gone, you're better off opening your sphincter than trying to find one on the secondary market later. I've already seen Ectotrons going for like $100 at cons and you can still find that dude on shelves. Yikes.

Banshee 11-12-2020 04:03 PM

I received mine from Walmart on November 4th, and yeah, it's a cool figure, but I canceled my other preorders. Not worth opening one and keeping one MISB. Not at that exorbitant Canadian price.

Paco Grande 11-12-2020 04:21 PM

I'm convinced that the price is an error that didn't get fixed in EB's system. Amazon also had a higher price at first but they fixed it.

I already received my copy from EB but if I were ordering now I would buy from Amazon.com. $52.10 CAD shipped.

https://www.amazon.com/Transformers-...5212036&sr=8-1

delrue 11-12-2020 05:06 PM

Amazon ca was the first one to list, then EB and then Walmart. They all had them for $60.

ssjgoku22 11-12-2020 09:36 PM

Got my Gigawatt preorder today from EB Games in Edmonton.

wervenom 11-12-2020 09:37 PM

Mine just showed up. No email notification just sitting at the door