Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   How Much Would It Cost To Buy Every MP? (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=59212)

Jonnydark 05-17-2015 06:41 PM

How Much Would It Cost To Buy Every MP?

Hi Everyone

I have a question... How much would it cost to buy every masterpiece transformer from Takara?

First, the price new.

Second, their value now.

Mint in box. Unopened.

I've always been curious about this.

Thank you!

supafly 05-17-2015 07:53 PM

Re: How Much Would It Cost To Buy Every MP?

Just the straight up line, $3k neighbourhood. All the special editions included, $4-5k. Source: I bought 21 MP's in the last 2 months lol

Sir Prime A Lot 05-17-2015 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supafly (Post 640105)
Just the straight up line, $3k neighbourhood. All the special editions included, $4-5k. Source: I bought 21 MP's in the last 2 months lol

I thought this was nuts until I just counted mine. 21 in the last 15 months.

CanBot 05-18-2015 12:01 AM

From Takara?...yep, it'll be pricier in some ways, but you mean one of each figure or repaints, all that?

My post MP-10 collection of on-screen characters (which includes two Hasbros) probably came to around $1500, all in (shipping, any fees). It was spread out over a year so it wasn't too painful, plus our dollar was a lot better back then.

What they're worth now?...the way I look at it, if you get back your initial investment, you'll lucky. I don't have an answer for ya.

justprime 05-18-2015 07:56 AM

Your looking at 7000 and up if you go all the a
Original mp plus new releases plus Takara and takara/tomy the original mp 01 release and it's repaints plus trailer packages will run you couple of grand alone.

supafly 05-18-2015 09:42 AM

ya I agree if you get all the pre-reboot it's up there and if you consider the purple and green mp-10's insane prices. Takara Grimlock first edition is another wallet buster, Rodimus mp-09, it stacks up and up and up.

QuadESL63 05-18-2015 12:13 PM

You guys forgot about the old and new versions of the Seekers!

Jonnydark 05-18-2015 12:35 PM

Thanks Supafly.

Boy... Roughly $5000.00 is a lot of money. That's like, 500 take out meals. Or 1666 malaria nets. Or a years tuition at University. Or 500 000 penny candies. Or one months rent for a two bedroom apartment in down town New York.

supafly 05-18-2015 12:51 PM

Well, that's the thing aboot money, ya can't take it with you when you die so might as well have some fun along the way. It's not contributing to cancer research or anything but it's better than smoking and drinking loads of booze. Never have done crack though I'm guessing it's better than that too!

Jonnydark 05-18-2015 03:14 PM

Haha... I know I know. I think there is a continuum.

That's one thing my family always said when I'd buy transformers. They'd joking be like "Can't you buy something worth while like smokes or booze?"