Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New Bumblebee movie stuff up on TRU.ca (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=73832)

Janitor 09-14-2018 10:45 AM

New Bumblebee movie stuff up on TRU.ca

For those who are into this stuff, says pre-order with "estimated ship date Sep 28, 2018"

Power Charge Bumblebee $70: http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index....ctId=148300736
DJ Bumblebee $60: http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index....ctId=148881496
Bee Vision Bumblebee AR Experience $70: http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index....ctId=149477576
Showcase Helmet $130: http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index....ctId=148300706

Pascal 09-14-2018 10:50 AM

Re: New Bumblebee movie stuff up on TRU.ca

Meaning it'll be out before then in stores?

Pascal 09-14-2018 11:08 AM

DJ Bee plays Walk This Way (Aerosmith)... I wonder if the song will be in the movie?

xueyue2 09-14-2018 11:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Soon the Wailing Wall will appear again in every toy store...no one can break them because this time it's guarded by gold saints!

http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/attac...1&d=1536939508

Xtreme987 09-14-2018 08:11 PM

I detect some future shelf-warming coming up. ;)

ohnaji 09-15-2018 03:54 AM

Picked up Power Charged Bee last night. Probably not worth the exorbitant price tag in my opinion for a figure mainly for kids, but the collector side of my self won out. Fun figure with a great aesthetic and reasonable articulation. I thought Canadian language laws meant that Hasbro removed all the phrases from the sound chip but after fiddling around with the gimmick all the phrases are in tact. I'm enjoying my latest addition to the hive.

alternatorfan 09-15-2018 04:07 AM

Why does hasbro have such fake/creepy kids advertise their products??

Xtreme987 09-15-2018 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alternatorfan (Post 771655)
Why does hasbro have such fake/creepy kids advertise their products??

They probably pay the kid to play with the toy while they snap a photo.

ohnaji 09-15-2018 03:05 PM

Looking at the package of Power Charge Bumblebee I realize I picked up the American version instead of the Canadian one. This one version has all the voice clips in tact. Something to look out for if anybody else is thinking about taking the plunge on this.

Yonoid 09-15-2018 11:56 PM

on amazon now as well

Pascal 09-16-2018 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohnaji (Post 771678)
Looking at the package of Power Charge Bumblebee I realize I picked up the American version instead of the Canadian one.

Packaging is English only?

RNSrobot 09-17-2018 01:19 AM

I may pick up the soundwave and tape boxes...

ohnaji 09-17-2018 01:22 AM

2 Attachment(s)
This is definitely the American version.Attachment 41258

Attachment 41259

Pascal 09-17-2018 08:23 AM

It's also the version shown on tru.ca. It'll be interesting to see what actually gets shipped...

chaingunsofdoom 09-17-2018 08:42 PM

Walmart had the all English box today and it only talks in English as well.

joshimus 09-19-2018 12:30 PM

I dunno if it is just me but...I have no interest in the BB movie line, like...zero interest. Anyone else completely unimpressed?

chaingunsofdoom 09-19-2018 01:32 PM

Saw the 12 inch and 4 steps in store yesterday. Both were abysmal IMHO.

Soundwaves 09-19-2018 01:32 PM

That bumblebee figure is actually the first movie figure I've been tempted by.

Just needs a replacement head and it would actually be a pretty nice fig.

Camaro Bumblebee is literal hypocrisy.

Alexander Quinn 09-19-2018 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshimus (Post 771907)
I dunno if it is just me but...I have no interest in the BB movie line, like...zero interest. Anyone else completely unimpressed?

Not just you. Even the Studio Series figures are looking just ‘meh’ to me, and I love (50% of) the Studio Series.

Nocturn 09-19-2018 07:38 PM

Quote:

Agreed.

Xtreme987 09-19-2018 08:02 PM

Quote:

Yup so far big fat NOPE on what has been released. :banghead:

Pascal 09-19-2018 09:33 PM

Power Charge Bee's transformation is pretty interesting, I think it's the first gimmicky toy with an involved transformation in a long time. It borrows steps from both the MP and SS figures.

MapleMegatron 09-19-2018 11:59 PM

I dont care for the line either, especially at those prices. But the line is not for me and I have no problem with that. 80s kids grew up on simple G1 toys, I had my simple Terrorsaur and Rattrap, we need easy toys for the next generation of fans.

chaingunsofdoom 09-20-2018 03:38 AM

I saw the 3 non-Deluxe sized toys today. OP, VW BB, and Camaro BB. They're $19.97 and seem Legion sized so just not worth it at that price.

Are we supposed to get anything regular Deluxe or Voyager sized that isn't toned-down to X step transformation for this line?

Pascal 09-20-2018 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaingunsofdoom (Post 771952)
Are we supposed to get anything regular Deluxe or Voyager sized that isn't toned-down to X step transformation for this line?

Studio Series Volks Bee, WW2 Bee, Dropkick, etc.

Collectingtoys 09-20-2018 10:05 AM

The one product from this line that folks might want, but it not be available here in Canada is the Soundwave and Doombox Target Exclusive.

http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...box#post770896

Soundwave just got spotted at a Target according to thread on Reddit. No mention of price, but I feel if and when it ever comes to Canada, maybe $100+CAD.

https://www.reddit.com/r/transformer...n_he_was_even/

Sun Swipe Prime 09-20-2018 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexander Quinn (Post 771928)
Not just you. Even the Studio Series figures are looking just ‘meh’ to me, and I love (50% of) the Studio Series.

Not planning to get anything from the new movie either. But I do want one good representation of Bee in his new form, and if there are some really good figures, I may be temped, but nothing has impressed me so far. I'm going to be really nitpicky and a real cheapskate on this. Only buying if the price is right and bang for buck is good.

I'm not too impressed with the Studio series either. For me, it's not good bang for my buck. They look good, but when I take a really good look at the flaws and small sizes, and what I'm really getting, I'm like no thanks.

I did get a Grimlock, but it only cost me $35 when I caught it on sale and used the Hasbro coupon. Even then, I was humming and hawing. Could have gotten Blackout too at that price, but turned around and put it back on the shelf.

ohnaji 09-20-2018 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pascal (Post 771938)
Power Charge Bee's transformation is pretty interesting, I think it's the first gimmicky toy with an involved transformation in a long time. It borrows steps from both the MP and SS figures.

I'll be the first to admit that I paid way too much for this figure but at the same time I'm having a lot of fun with it. The leg transformation is pretty involved and I love the battle mask feature and sculpt. Haven't been able to figure out the gimmick just yet because some of the phrases are really hidden. It looks good next to my laptop while I work.

Pascal 09-20-2018 04:49 PM

Wasn't it $70 before taxes? For a toy bigger than a Leader, just as complex and with electronics, I don't think it's that bad.

ohnaji 09-20-2018 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pascal (Post 771980)
Wasn't it $70 before taxes? For a toy bigger than a Leader, just as complex and with electronics, I don't think it's that bad.

I figure the price was inflated due to VW license and electronics. I like how big it is and its overall aesthetic but the construction does feel a bit cheap especially with rubber parts on it. The transformation is fairly simple once you get the handle of how the legs form but I do have to cheat if I want ankle articulation. If I had bought the International version without the voice clips I would've felt really ripped off because the gimmick is pretty cool. I personally got my moneys worth but I do think it's still pricey.

Pascal 09-20-2018 05:19 PM

Some Leader class figures also have rubber parts (like Grimlock), so it's really nothing new at that size. Transformation is somewhere between Grimlock and Blackout in complexity, so it's just about right.

And is there really an Int'l version? I got a feeling they'll just slap a "I Speak English" sticker on it or something.

ohnaji 09-20-2018 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pascal (Post 771985)
Some Leader class figures also have rubber parts (like Grimlock), so it's really nothing new at that size. Transformation is somewhere between Grimlock and Blackout in complexity, so it's just about right.

And is there really an Int'l version? I got a feeling they'll just slap a "I Speak English" sticker on it or something.

The rubber on Power Charge Bee is really flexible, which makes sense because if it was any harder it would definitely snap during transformation. I'd say the transformation is a bit lower than SS Grimlock. The chest and arms are super easy but the legs require finesse.

Here's a review of the Int'l version. It was released in the UK. The Box has three languages and no mention of any phrases written on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWB2s2IzR1Y

Alexander Quinn 09-20-2018 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime (Post 771974)
Not planning to get anything from the new movie either. But I do want one good representation of Bee in his new form, and if there are some really good figures, I may be temped, but nothing has impressed me so far. I'm going to be really nitpicky and a real cheapskate on this. Only buying if the price is right and bang for buck is good.

I'm not too impressed with the Studio series either. For me, it's not good bang for my buck. They look good, but when I take a really good look at the flaws and small sizes, and what I'm really getting, I'm like no thanks.

I did get a Grimlock, but it only cost me $35 when I caught it on sale and used the Hasbro coupon. Even then, I was humming and hawing. Could have gotten Blackout too at that price, but turned around and put it back on the shelf.

Those TRU Summer Hasbro coupons made my entire Studio Series collection, lol. Between those, and the Summer BOGO sales, I’m pretty sure the only figure I paid full price for was Blackout, who I just couldn’t wait for (Walmart got him first).

I’ve got Stinger, Ratchet, Jazz, Lockdown, OP, SS, Megatron, Brawl, Ironhide, Grimlock and Blackout, and really dig each of them. I’ll probably grab VW Bee from Studio, but given that he’s smaller than Jazz TRU better get some Winter Hasbro coupons in, lol.

chaingunsofdoom 09-25-2018 06:36 PM

Found the Legion BB wave today at WM. $9.97. Picked up VW Beetle BB. Are the other 4 figures new or repaints? They had Camaro BB, OP, Barricade and Hot Rod.