Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Transformers G1 Toys Appreciation and Discussion Thread. (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=73489)

steamwhistle 08-10-2018 06:28 AM

The Transformers G1 Toys Appreciation and Discussion Thread.

For me, Transformers is G1. That's the era in which I grew up., and that's probably the same for other G1 fans.

I figure I'll start a thread tin which we can discuss all things G1.

With the recent re-issue of G1s, a number of Sightings threads are getting cluttered up with side-discussions.

steamwhistle 08-10-2018 06:30 AM

Re: The Transformers G1 Toys Appreciation and Discussion Thread.

Has anyone picked up the recent reissues?

Bumblebee, Swerve, Tailgate, Outback, Starscream, Devastator, Hot Rod?

If so, have you opened them, and can you provide any thoughts on the quality? Comparision with original G1s and/or previous reissues?

oroboru 08-10-2018 06:54 AM

Based on videos I know those awful child safe missiles are back.

imfallenangel 08-10-2018 08:38 AM

By the way, I just wanted to mention that I did find that Ali Express does have a LOT of the G1 (among a lot of other series) K-O , many are the gestalt from the G1 - G2 generations...

They also have a bunch of the Titans, which since I missed a few, I've ordered and still waiting eagerly for them to show up.

From the reviews that people have left, many appear are on par with originals.

Note that some state that they are "oversized" or just the measurements aren't "normal". I did order a couple, and yup, the one I got is a bit larger then the genuine. BUT the plastic quality, and everything about it, is at the same level of quality (plastic, joints, etc.) as genuine Hasbro/Takara. So if the Titans ones are as the reviews stated, aside the logo being different, the rest of the toys should be as genuine.

Just in case anyone would be interested.

zuffyprime 08-10-2018 08:48 AM

Steamwhistle,
thank you, I couldn't have said it better myself

:highfive:

For me, nothing beats G1, takes me back to when I was 8 years old. I have such fond memories of that time. That's why I'm absolutely loving the G1 packaging on the boxes. For me, it is not about the toys, I have the toys several times over... it is about being taken back to my childhood.

I know I'm gonna love this thread!

What was your first transformer?

My dad got me the cassettes: Rumble and Laserbeak
My first deluxe car was (unfortunately) ironhide lol
But then I got a G1 jazz after so I was a happy camper.

Cheers

MilanX3 08-10-2018 08:59 AM

So the new WM G1 releases, the Devastator is exactly the same as the one from the 80s or the more recent japanese re-releases??

oroboru 08-10-2018 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zuffyprime (Post 768883)
Steamwhistle,
thank you, I couldn't have said it better myself

:highfive:

For me, nothing beats G1, takes me back to when I was 8 years old. I have such fond memories of that time. That's why I'm absolutely loving the G1 packaging on the boxes. For me, it is not about the toys, I have the toys several times over... it is about being taken back to my childhood.

I know I'm gonna love this thread!

What was your first transformer?

My dad got me the cassettes: Rumble and Laserbeak
My first deluxe car was (unfortunately) ironhide lol
But then I got a G1 jazz after so I was a happy camper.

Cheers

I think that’s why I’m rather meh about this whole reissue thing. I only really started to care about Transformers post movie... you know, the stuff that no one ever reissues!

oroboru 08-10-2018 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MilanX3 (Post 768884)
So the new WM G1 releases, the Devastator is exactly the same as the one from the 80s or the more recent japanese re-releases??

Money is one Encore repackaged.

Zenith27 08-10-2018 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oroboru (Post 768886)
Money is one Encore repackaged.

I don't know all the differences but I've got one and it's got the original yellow-eyed head and Mixmaster's drum is green, not purple as was one of the Encore ones. I'm afraid I don't have a vintage one to compare further. The instructions are new.

oroboru 08-10-2018 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zenith27 (Post 768919)
I don't know all the differences but I've got one and it's got the original yellow-eyed head and Mixmaster's drum is green, not purple as was one of the Encore ones. I'm afraid I don't have a vintage one to compare further. The instructions are new.

https://tfsource.com/products/view/product_id/2735/

Looks like Encore. I think there were two releases - vintage and animated colours.