Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Canadian Transformers News (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Transformers Trading Card Game: Arriving to Canada in December (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=74425)

Super_Megatron 11-09-2018 04:40 PM

Transformers Trading Card Game: Arriving to Canada in December

1 Attachment(s)
According to its official social media channels, the ever popular Transformers Trading Card Game will arrive at Canadian retailers in December! This great news even gained an approval seal of “Finally!” from Transformers artist Marcelo Matere, whose artwork is prominently featured in the game.

Ultra Maverick 11-09-2018 11:20 PM

Re: Transformers Trading Card Game: Arriving to Canada in December

At last!
I picked up some cards at TFcon Chicago butni’ve got no one to play against here in Canada.

Magnus 11-10-2018 12:52 AM

Yeah... can't wait. I've started gathering some cards via American friends. This is gonna fun

MahtimusPrime09 11-10-2018 02:10 AM

So by "Canadian retailers", that will include Toys R Us, right?

QuadESL63 11-10-2018 07:12 AM

Great news!

lifedragon99 11-10-2018 11:04 AM

Awesome I want to collect them for the art. They look great.

Ultra Maverick 11-10-2018 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahtimusPrime09 (Post 774834)
So by "Canadian retailers", that will include Toys R Us, right?

I believe so,
I talked to a guy at my local comic shop and he said that the big retailers (TRU, Walmart) will likely get them first before the game and card shops

Hound 11-10-2018 08:31 PM

Finally indeed!

I'm very much looking forward to getting this! Hopefully we'll be able to get some trading organized through here to help each other fill in the gaps of our collections.

Hound 12-01-2018 09:12 PM

I was at my FLGS today and they will be receiving it on December 21st.

Yay for Decemeber! Boo for the 21st. I was hoping that the "December" announcement was meaning closer to the start of the month rather then the end.

Still very excited though. Oh, and they said only the Autobot Starter and boosters so far; no Metroplex Set right off the start.

Hound 12-21-2018 04:40 PM

The game is in Canada now!... sort of.

My FLGS was able to get in booster boxes, however the Autobot Starter did not arrive. They don't know if it is a supply issue or what.

I purchased a box of 30 packs for $124.99+tax which is a pretty decent price IMO.

Omega.Prime 12-21-2018 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hound (Post 777711)
The game is in Canada now!... sort of.

My FLGS was able to get in booster boxes, however the Autobot Starter did not arrive. They don't know if it is a supply issue or what.

I purchased a box of 30 packs for $124.99+tax which is a pretty decent price IMO.

Yup, booster boxes are out there! Got mine for 119.99 + tax :D

About the starter sets, it appears they were delayed until Jan.

Longshot 12-28-2018 02:42 PM

I got myself a single booster pack as a gift today and the artwork is very nice. I mean really nice. But a question for those that have already started their collection, what and where did you get the storage and protection for the bigger card? It's a odd size card and I've never seen any sleeves for cards that size before.

And for those that are curious what I pulled from my pack:

Deadlock (Big card)
Power sword
Turbo boosters
The Bigger They Are...
Rapid conversion
Battle ready
Medic!
Primary laser

Hound 12-31-2018 03:41 PM

Hey Longshot, I believe Ultra Pro is making sleeves in partnership with Hasbro that are specifically made for the game. I understand other stuff will be made for the game as well.

I hope you get into the game itself too - it is quite enjoyable.

Longshot 12-31-2018 04:46 PM

Thanks! I would like to but I've been scouring my area for booster packs and starter sets and have come up empty-handed. Here's hoping things change in the new year.

blurr 12-31-2018 10:57 PM

The starter sets haven't been released in Canada yet.
The booster packs have also started showing up at Toys R Us but the booster packs are $5.99 whereas most FLGS sell them for $4.99.

CybertronianFan 01-01-2019 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hound (Post 778343)
Hey Longshot, I believe Ultra Pro is making sleeves in partnership with Hasbro that are specifically made for the game. I understand other stuff will be made for the game as well.

Not sure if this is in partnership with Hasbro, but Ultrapro already does have TF themed card sleeves. https://www.ultrapro.com/product_list.php?cPath=70_320

Btw, I am looking for and trading/selling TF cards (and willing to ship to Canada). I know this tcg just released in Canada, but if anyone is looking. I have/am looking for the following -

Have for Trade/Sale -

Arcee x1
Grimlock x1 (selling or trading towards Nemesis Prime only)

Rare Battle cards -
Agility of Bumblebee x3
Bombing Run x2
Cargo Trailer x2
Cybertronian Bow x3
Data Bank x1
Energon Axe x1
Roll Out! x1
System Reboot x1

Want to trade for -

Nemesis Prime x1 (I have a Grimlock to put towards trading for Nemesis) <-- Priority
Chromia x1
Megatron Living Weapon x1

I Still Function x3
One Shall Stand. One Shall Fall x2
Peace Through Tyranny x2

Feel free to drop me a PM.

Luck with the pulls, and grats on the game. It's very entertaining :)

Hound 01-04-2019 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blurr (Post 778359)
The starter sets haven't been released in Canada yet.
The booster packs have also started showing up at Toys R Us but the booster packs are $5.99 whereas most FLGS sell them for $4.99.

I just picked up the Autobot Starter set from my FLGS, so they are now out in Canada! They were priced at $18.99, which was a little higher then they originally thought they'd be (well, they said 15-20), but still not bad. Individual booster packs go for $4.99 there as well.

Just waiting for the Metroplex Deck to make its appearance.

Soundwave Superior 01-04-2019 05:50 PM

Just bought a starter set in Mississauga from my FLGS. They had 4 of them. So they are out there now.

Longshot 01-10-2019 12:21 PM

I finally found the Autobot starter set at 401games.ca. I just ordered online but sadly they didn't have any booster packs and sold out of the whole booster boxes.

Soundwave Superior 01-10-2019 02:53 PM

EB has listings for the Autobot Starter, Booster packs (no full boxes) and now Metroplex (no stores carrying it yet though).

https://www.ebgames.ca/Toys-Collecti...ts-starter-set

You can use the store availability function to see what stores near you are carrying them.

Ultra Maverick 01-10-2019 03:37 PM

I've had luck finding booster packs at multiple EB games locations, $5.99/pack or $5.49 with a platinum edge card

steamwhistle 01-11-2019 10:02 AM

I saw an empty booster box at TRU St. Catharines.

Hound 01-11-2019 12:16 PM

Looks like wave 2 has been revealed for release on March 1st, although it remains to be seen if we'll get here in Canada at the same time.

The big news is that this wave is called Rise of the Combiners and will have combiners in it - Predaking has been confirmed.

This wave will apparently have 46 character cards and 81 battle cards. The characters that combine into their combiner form are also playable individually as a part of mixed teams and seem to all be 5 star characters. Five characters are needed to create the combiner form.

Well, I'm excited!

steamwhistle 01-11-2019 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Longshot (Post 778151)
I got myself a single booster pack as a gift today and the artwork is very nice. I mean really nice. But a question for those that have already started their collection, what and where did you get the storage and protection for the bigger card? It's a odd size card and I've never seen any sleeves for cards that size before.

I am figuring to just be collecting the cards. I don't foresee myself playing it yet.

I am a fan of binders and pages to store and display the cards, and just ordered this (the 3.5 x 5" version) for the character cards:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It should be arriving today, so I will post a pic later of how the cards look in the page sleeve.

CybertronianFan 01-13-2019 12:17 AM

Already a few cards have been spoiled for Wave 2 and some of them are super juicy. Predaking is going to be a monster. Acid Storm is BRUTAL. Bluestreak is nice and the new common Megs is decent.

steamwhistle 01-14-2019 06:41 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Got some of my cards into the binder pages.

One page is 4-cards
One page is 9-cards

Works well enough for me.

Hound 01-14-2019 09:03 PM

That looks good, steamwhistle. I'm still undecided about how to store the character cards - either in pages as you've done or in the card holders that UltraPro makes.

steamwhistle 01-15-2019 06:46 PM

Booster Box Content Report:

I acquired 1 booster box.
Only looking at the 30 Character Cards received, I got:
0 Super Rare
3 Rare
12 Uncommon (10 unique, 2 duplicate)
15 Common (11 unique, 4 duplicate)

Battle Cards will take longer to open and count. I will post once I do.

CybertronianFan 01-15-2019 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steamwhistle (Post 779473)
Got some of my cards into the binder pages.

One page is 4-cards
One page is 9-cards

Works well enough for me.

This is the same set up I have for my Wave 1 binder. I also found a binder page that holds 6x8 fotos at a local Walmart and it fits Metroplex just right :), thus I put him in the binder as part of Wave 1 as well.

Now to find a SDCC pack a reasonable rate ...:rofl:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hound (Post 779489)
I'm still undecided about how to store the character cards - either in pages as you've done or in the card holders that UltraPro makes.

I went anal-retentive. I put them in sleeves, THEN put them in Ultrapro card holder pages for the binder, lol

Btw, since the game just released in Canada and I've been made aware that some areas haven't received an Autobot or Metroplex starter deck, here is the most updated Rules/FAQ of the game (mind you, this will most likely get updated come the release of Wave 2 in March). https://www.hasbro.com/common/docume...2ACF419297.pdf

Klee 01-16-2019 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Longshot (Post 778151)

I used these sleeves:

https://www.maydaygames.com/collecti...s-card-sleeves

(I didn't buy from them. Bought local - Some board game stores sell these)

They fit perfectly for the character cards.

I put the character cards "upside down" (ie: bottom side on the open end), then put the character card right side up in this:

https://www.bcwsupplies.com/3-5x5-topload-holder

(bought from them, since I can't seem to find these in CAD places for a reasonable price)

Then, they go into these pages:

https://www.bcwsupplies.com/pro-4-po...ges-100-ct-box

(picked them up on amazon.ca)

However, now that the combiner cards have been announced... I'm not sure how viable this method is.

Hopefully the combiners will be common enough that I can leave one in its combiner mode, and another in its bot / alt mode.

Mind you, I've not played the game itself, but am getting these for the (awesome) art, so the fact I can't transform them won't bother me.

edit: Forgot to mention the battle cards. They just go into one of these for now, until I can think of a better solution - https://ultimateguard.com/en/quadrow/quadrow-flexxfolio (Boguht local, as it was cheap)

Hound 01-16-2019 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steamwhistle (Post 779586)
Booster Box Content Report:

I acquired 1 booster box.
Only looking at the 30 Character Cards received, I got:
0 Super Rare
3 Rare
12 Uncommon (10 unique, 2 duplicate)
15 Common (11 unique, 4 duplicate)

Battle Cards will take longer to open and count. I will post once I do.

That is very similar to breakdown of my booster.

Please post your duplicates and wants in the Transformer TCG Trading Thread and hopefully you get some new ones for your extras!

Dspayre 01-19-2019 01:45 PM

Has there been any sightings for the card in the Cambridge or surrounding area. I want to check these cards out before jumping back into the bottomless TCG money pit.

Hound 01-19-2019 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dspayre (Post 779872)
Has there been any sightings for the card in the Cambridge or surrounding area. I want to check these cards out before jumping back into the bottomless TCG money pit.

I've purchased mine at J&J Cards and Colllectibles (i.e. " J&J's ") in Waterloo at Weber & University. They have lower prices than some other places that I've heard sell them, like EB Games for example.The sell booster boxes as well as individual booster packs.

Oh, and since you're local to me, we could easily arrange to trade our duplicates for ones we are missing. Makes the game a little cheaper to be able to do that.

Dspayre 01-19-2019 10:34 PM

I was thinking J&Js would be a spot, I might hit them up in Feb.

CybertronianFan 01-31-2019 12:53 AM

Lots of goodies have been revealed as of late. Spoilers can been seen here https://vectorsigma.info/wave-2-spoilers

Hound 01-31-2019 11:51 AM

Indeed! I'm getting quite excited for wave 2.

While it's scheduled for a March 1st release in the US, they have said that the Canadian printing will be delayed again. Unfortunately, there was no time-frame hinted at.

I'm still looking for Metroplex!

alternatorfan 01-31-2019 11:55 AM

Need 10 more character cards
Of the 15 boostersI bought I only received 4 that I needed
Is that how it is to gather all the cards ??

Hound 01-31-2019 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alternatorfan (Post 780794)
Need 10 more character cards
Of the 15 boostersI bought I only received 4 that I needed
Is that how it is to gather all the cards ??

Due to the variable rarity structure of TCG cards, it would take a veritable crap-ton of boosters to draw at least one of each of the characters - and you'd end up with a whole lot of dupicates too.

I knew going into this game that I will not be able to get every character, but by reaching out to other players and collectors, I have been able to make some connections to trade duplicates for ones I need. After all, it is a Trading Card Game.

There is a thread in the Items For Sale or Trade forum called the Transformers Trading Card Game trading thread. The more of us that post to it, the more useful it will become.

CybertronianFan 01-31-2019 10:19 PM

Post which ones you are still missing. I'm sure someone has what you don't.

alternatorfan 01-31-2019 11:02 PM

Well now I only need 7 character cards completed the dinobots today with grimlock.
I'll post what I'm missing there