Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   International Transformers News (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   MASTERPIECE CHEETOR First Prototype Image! (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=64457)

Super_Megatron 06-10-2016 11:00 PM

MASTERPIECE CHEETOR First Prototype Image!

positivelyken 06-10-2016 11:13 PM

Re: MASTERPIECE CHEETOR First Prototype Image!

Like what I see so far!

xueyue2 06-10-2016 11:31 PM

looks nice.... however I wish BW can line up after the G1 MP... personally I don't know why the Japanese love BW so much.

Devonman17 06-11-2016 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xueyue2 (Post 694923)
looks nice.... however I wish BW can line up after the G1 MP... personally I don't know why the Japanese love BW so much.

I think they're starting Beast Wars MPs now, because it is around the time that the people who grew up on Beast Wars are old enough now to have an interest / affordable budget to buy these.

If they were to do all the G1 characters before getting into Beast Wars then they'd have missed there mark as most of us will be dead by then.

Team Jetfire 06-11-2016 01:11 AM

Interesting design. Looks like a full on cheat for the chest, but it's probably for the best. Nice that with a small retool they can release Tigatron.

RNSrobot 06-11-2016 04:48 AM

HOW IS THIS SO NICE.

optimusb39 06-11-2016 06:47 AM

Awesome! MINE!

PrimalEnvy 06-11-2016 07:01 AM

This looks amazing. I'm almost tempted to say the robot chest is just the rightmost head on the stand, but it probably is a faux part. Makes no difference to me, though. I'm more interested in seeing how they hide the actual beast head.

Pascal 06-11-2016 07:47 AM

Glorious!

Masta_Skidz 06-11-2016 08:00 AM

Can't wait for Beastie MP's

Sir Prime A Lot 06-11-2016 11:48 AM

Does it have whiskers?

joshimus 06-11-2016 11:50 AM

^ Yup!!

Looks great. Also with the Anniversary of BW is why they are pushing the BW MPs. I'm all for it

RaidenisOP 06-11-2016 01:02 PM

So fantastic. I can't wait to have Primal in hand this year and Cheetor looks fantastic as well! Can't think of what they might repaint Primal into other than maybe Apelinq? That's a stretch though considering he's always been made of the more techno looking Primals. Tigatron could potentially be made from this depending which scale they go with. For Toy scale it will work but if they are sticking to show scale it can't be a straight repaint as if I remember correctly despite being a nearly identical model Tigatron was much taller than Cheetor.

optimusb39 06-11-2016 01:49 PM

Thats true. Tigetron was actually almost a head and a half taller then cheetor. Im hoping for a good airazor mp to come up. But more likely we will get a rattrap and megatron before aecondary characters.
Rhinox and blackarachniaaa will be popular.
And predicting the future... maybe delving into transmetal mp and silverbolt? Thoughts?

timcrook 06-11-2016 01:51 PM

Looks like it comes with multiple heads (robot and alt mode), would have liked one head with movable jaw instead.

Blurrz 06-11-2016 01:58 PM

Sigh, time to start collecting BW MPs.

Einstein 06-11-2016 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devonman17 (Post 694928)
If they were to do all the G1 characters before getting into Beast Wars then they'd have missed there mark as most of us will be dead by then.

That would only be a blessing. Beast Wars toys sucked in the 90's and they still suck today

Masta_Skidz 06-11-2016 02:33 PM

They could have beast wars done before G1 lol

RNSrobot 06-11-2016 02:37 PM

*remembers why he has Einstein on ignore*

Dinobot would be my choice for the next BW MP, if there is one. He's a character that has never had a good toy. I mean the original release is okay but it's goony, the universe toy was okay...

and they're all too small. He needs to be at least voyager class. I'm fine if he's not taller than Primal but he should be that big.

joshimus 06-11-2016 02:47 PM

I would love Dinobot to be on par with MP Primal.
I wonder how well this line will do or how many will get made. G1 has a lot of redecos with slight mods so they can repaint a figure 3 or 4 times whereas BW, Everyone is different.

Also please make BW Inferno...ya know..for the Royalty

Einstein 06-11-2016 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RNSrobot (Post 694997)
*remembers why he has Einstein on ignore*

Dinobot would be my choice for the next BW MP, if there is one. He's a character that has never had a good toy. I mean the original release is okay but it's goony, the universe toy was okay...

and they're all too small. He needs to be at least voyager class. I'm fine if he's not taller than Primal but he should be that big.

The digs at me aren't needed

Msol 06-11-2016 08:55 PM

I think the dig would happen regardless of who the threadshitter is.

steamwhistle 06-11-2016 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Msol (Post 695031)
...threadshitter...

I have never heard this term before.

I like it.

Beast Wars isn't my proverbial cup of T-F.
I'll be glad to have the break from spending on MPs while they do some BeastWars.

Hellboy 06-11-2016 11:36 PM

I'm impressed. Not a fan of the show but it looks like they did a great job.

Sureshot22 06-12-2016 01:18 AM

Hate bws. So I'm ok with saving a bit of money.

Looks good I guess. (Hate bw stuff. Never owned any so guessing it looks good since it's a mp)

Chigimus 06-12-2016 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xueyue2 (Post 694923)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devonman17 (Post 694928)
I think they're starting Beast Wars MPs now, because it is around the time that the people who grew up on Beast Wars are old enough now to have an interest / affordable budget to buy these.

More likely also because this year is the 20th anniversary for Beast Wars, so the timing of MP releases of those characters pays homage to that era.

timcrook 06-12-2016 12:23 PM

Looks like the eyes are glowing from light piping feature.

RNSrobot 06-12-2016 12:58 PM

Piles of us love beast wars. Its not that weird, guys. :)

RaidenisOP 06-12-2016 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RNSrobot (Post 694997)

If some of the images shown can be used to infer, I would say it's very likely that we will see Dinobot next, as Generations Rhinox and Rattrap both are in scale with the new MP Primal and imo look good enough for display together. There have been a few pics on twitter and other sources of them displayed side by side and they look good. I think they are focusing on characters who haven't had satisfactory toys representing their on screen models (with the exception of Primal of course, but of course they will start a high end line with the hero leader character)

I honestly don't think we will see as complete of a Beast Wars line up as some might want, as I can see them using it to just fill in the gaps and you will end up with a combination Generations/MP display. Megatron is a no brainer eventually (or at least he should be, but considering the aversion to villains who knows) and I would suspect Terrorsaur might happen eventually (I hope so, my personal favorite Predacon)

Einstein 06-12-2016 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Msol (Post 695031)
I think the dig would happen regardless of who the threadshitter is.

No nothing would have been said if anyone else had said it.

joshimus 06-12-2016 06:53 PM

^ I you dislike BW than just don't post in the MP BW page. The fact that you took the time to be so negative about it is why someone called you on it.

MULTIPLEX 06-13-2016 12:37 AM

Had to look it up. To my surprise, that term is actually a thing.

Threadshitter

This Cheetor looks great. Pass for me since it was after my era but glad you beastie boys will be getting MPs now. My wallet thanks you too.

Rodimus Prime1 06-13-2016 03:27 PM

HOLY CHEETOOOSS......... :bow:

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/...20140630015317

This will fit in great with MP Primal and the already released Rattrap and Rhinox, and waspinator which were both great for mainstream figures.

Bring on Dinobot.

I'm hoping for a better Terrasor down the road too

RNSrobot 06-13-2016 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodimus Prime1 (Post 695200)
HOLY CHEETOOOSS......... :bow:

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/...20140630015317

This will fit in great with MP Primal and the already released Rattrap and Rhinox, and waspinator which were both great for mainstream figures.

Bring on Dinobot.

I'm hoping for a better Terrasor down the road too

I agree. Impossible to get show accurate. He cheats more than dinobot, but something closer than anything we've gotten.

Tm terrorsaur is a very nice toy, mind.

Pascal 06-13-2016 04:45 PM

BWII and BW Neo gave us the better BW toys imo.

Rodimus Prime1 06-13-2016 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RNSrobot (Post 695208)
I agree. Impossible to get show accurate. He cheats more than dinobot, but something closer than anything we've gotten.

Tm terrorsaur is a very nice toy, mind.

The transmetal lines were fantastic compaired to the first line.

As for Terrasoar is was refering to this POS ( Pathetic Offering Sold )

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...Ol9saWm-Z0vwkF

RNSrobot 06-13-2016 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pascal (Post 695210)
BWII and BW Neo gave us the better BW toys imo.

Some, yes. They also went into extreme shellformerland. I'm of the mind BW was a pretty damn good toy line once they got the first simple executions out of the way.

I'd really like the cobra at some point though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodimus Prime1 (Post 695220)
The transmetal lines were fantastic compaired to the first line.

As for Terrasoar is was refering to this POS ( Pathetic Offering Sold )

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...Ol9saWm-Z0vwkF

Oh I know. ^^ Strangely I do like that toy, even if it is limited. It has an overall nice sleekness to it, and the little gun is at odds with most BW weaponry. Gives him a killer look.

But yeah it's total crap compared to later BW toys and nothing like his show model.

I look at later basics like Razorclaw, Airazor, and Claw Jaw and it's like, holy shit did they do some NICE engineering at the smaller size class once they ditched the auto-transform gimmick.

The Transmental 1 has to be the high point of the entire line. Really well done toys almost across the board, very show accurate, interesting. Other than chrome flake over time, and that isn't guaranteed; most of mine still look great.

Motherfuckin' DEPTH CHARGE.

Pascal 06-13-2016 06:20 PM

I think Longrack (BWNeo) and Galvatron (BWII) are my favorite BW toys.

Rodimus Prime1 06-13-2016 07:13 PM

^ Altough I have seen a few figures, I never got to see the show (BW II ), so didn't get into the figures. :(

And another non-Beastie figure that is pretty cool was, I think it would have fit into the show quite well.

http://toys.tfw2005.com/wp-content/u...1200241480.jpg

Rodimus Prime1 06-13-2016 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RNSrobot (Post 695222)

Oh I know. ^^ Strangely I do like that toy, even if it is limited. It has an overall nice sleekness to it, and the little gun is at odds with most BW weaponry. Gives him a killer look.

Still reminds me of a McDonalds toy offering :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by RNSrobot (Post 695222)
The Transmental 1 has to be the high point of the entire line. Really well done toys almost across the board, very show accurate, interesting. Other than chrome flake over time, and that isn't guaranteed; most of mine still look great.

Motherfuckin' DEPTH CHARGE.

:banghead: man I've seen some bad flakinging TM figures over the years :shudder:

I think the worst was from BM " jetstorm"