Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   TFcon Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Boxed or loose signed stuff (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=47438)

grizzly519 06-04-2013 12:07 AM

Boxed or loose signed stuff

Just a couple questions for anyone willing to put therir say in.If you had the option to choose either a boxed/carded or a loose version of the same tf to get signed which would you choose and why?For example,boxes due to more space for signature or the figure itself as it makes a smaller,yet still awesome display piece?I'm interested to hear what people have to say on this

UPDATE March 22/2016
I hope i don't get in trouble for digging up an old thread but the thread is mine and i'd like some advise that generally goes with this topic so didn't want to start another thread.I'm hoping to get a VIP pass for Frank Welker and without buying more stuff these are my options of signable items.
-Rhino animation reproduction cel of Megatron
-Loose G1 Galvatron
-Boxed EHobby Galvatron
-Boxed Takara bookstyle Megatron
-MIB Toys R Us MP Soundwave

The Foreign toys are nice but am unsure about them as he didn't really have anything to do with it(Ehobby galvatron looks almost spot on to cartoon but is a "overseas" product).I know the decision is ultimately mine and i should go with whatever will make me most happy but my new question is-

Out of these things what one item would you recommend to get signed and where?(ie mp soundwave on chest,front of leg in player mode etc.)
Thanks in advance to anyone that responds.

Dragon Knight 06-04-2013 12:09 AM

Re: Boxed or loose signed stuff

I find boxed stuff displays the signature a little better myself.

grizzly519 06-04-2013 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragon Knight (Post 511769)
I find boxed stuff displays the signature a little better myself.

I'm sorta leaning that way as well but with limited display options i may not go that route.Thx for your input.

Commandoclone87 06-04-2013 12:24 AM

I vote sealed because you can always sell the box with the signature and just keep the toys.

Sludge2007 06-04-2013 12:40 AM

Neither, toys are meant be handled, what's the fun of looking at a box or signed figure.

Sureshot22 06-04-2013 05:48 AM

I agree with sludge. You bought it to enjoy so enjoy it. But also me personally I couldn't give a crap about having someones sig. I don't even line up for one at the cons cause I think its a waste of time and or money. But that's just my opinion.

Super_Megatron 06-04-2013 09:58 AM

The signatures don't cost anything extra at TFcon, so money is not an issue there.
As for the question, for smaller items having a boxed version signed would make sense due to physical space available on the figure for a signature. Larger toys there would be additional space available for a signature if desired. IMO a boxed display piece with a signature would be ideal where possible.

brr-icy 06-04-2013 10:46 AM

i have a signed animated blackout box, but the figure isn't kept in it lol

grizzly519 06-04-2013 03:29 PM

Great input everyone thx and keep it coming.All views are welcome.With the guests as they are right now i'm thinking a loose junker g1 ultra magnus,a value village g1 rodimus,boxed commerative rodimus,a carded beast machines black arachnia,and possibly a loose takara beast wars black arachnia.

Metroplex79 06-04-2013 05:40 PM

Possible 3rd Option:
Prints.

Every year there are guest artists and regular fan artists selling prints...ranging from the standard 8x10 to the big poster sized, and ranging from character group shots (for multiple voice actors) to single shots. Sometimes, a mug shot photo of the actor/actress.

If you're specifically only looking at toys....then my vote would be SEALED.

But of course in some cases, a loose voyager or leader sized toy would work too, ie Animated Roll Out Command Optimus Prime has large enough smooth surfaces to have a signature on it.

Pretty much open to what you have, and what your preferences are.