Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers Feedback and Reviews (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Transformers Prime Episode 56 - Project Predacon - Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=47150)

FEZaid 05-18-2013 11:24 AM

Transformers Prime Episode 56 - Project Predacon - Discussion

Youtube links Mirror 1 Mirror 2 HD Mirror 3 HD Mirror 4 HD

Finally a new intro! Love the new Smokescreen repaint and acknowledges he could have become a Prime :D Before send on a misson, Optimus just tells Magnus just to ignore what Fowler says. Also, this episode made me hate the Voyager Shockwave mold even more, it could have been engineered better.

joshimus 05-18-2013 12:16 PM

Re: Transformers Prime Episode 56 - Project Predacon - Discussion

It was a decent episode. Nice to see Soundwave in Soundblaster colours. Was kind of expecting Ravage to show up but whatever.
Overall it was a decent episode to prepare for Beast Hunters
Highligts:
- Bulkheads BW reference
- Smokescreens discussion with Bumblebee. I really liked that even though is was Smoke doing the real talking.
- Starscreams comment about the Predacons microchips was funny.
- Smokescreens new look
- Optimus tells Magnus to disregard some of what Fowler says
- Watching SS and BB fight Shockwave as a team was fun.
Things that didn't make sense:
- Fowler brings in prototype truck with jets for Optimus to scan even though he already look exactly like he had scanned it already
- Why Predacons juts...died on Earth. It just seems weird that they pretty much stood there till death. I dunno. I can disregard this one I guess.

Overall a decent episode.

Commandoclone87 05-18-2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshimus (Post 508755)
It was a decent episode. Nice to see Soundwave in Soundblaster colours. Was kind of expecting Ravage to show up but whatever.
Overall it was a decent episode to prepare for Beast Hunters
Highligts:
- Bulkheads BW reference
- Smokescreens discussion with Bumblebee. I really liked that even though is was Smoke doing the real talking.
- Starscreams comment about the Predacons microchips was funny.
- Smokescreens new look
- Optimus tells Magnus to disregard some of what Fowler says
- Watching SS and BB fight Shockwave as a team was fun.
Things that didn't make sense:
- Fowler brings in prototype truck with jets for Optimus to scan even though he already look exactly like he had scanned it already
- Why Predacons juts...died on Earth. It just seems weird that they pretty much stood there till death. I dunno. I can disregard this one I guess.

Overall a decent episode.

You're forgetting the Dinobots reference between Miko and Bulkhead.

tz101 05-18-2013 12:40 PM

I really enjoyed this episode. Shockwave is sweet as a tank!

GMfan 05-18-2013 01:22 PM

...I swear the only reason I watch this show just to keep up on fiction and if I weren't such a sucker for punishment I would have given up a long time ago.

This particular episode was just...bad.

It's pandering repetitive crap. Ooo Shockwave said logic (at an illogical point in a conversation, BUT HE SAID IT OMG), looks like Predacon clones have been on Earth all along, like Unicron, like the Cybertronian artifacts...it's pretty bad when even the writers make fun of the repetitiveness not once but twice in the episode, Optimus mentioning yet again Cybertron and Earth's pasts are linked, and Starscream mocking the whole scavenger hunt premise we're going to see over the next little while...

Needless to say its gonna another season of FOUND SOMETHING! ---> ACTION ACTION ACTION ---> Autobot or Decepticon succeed ---> End of episode.

Problem is this is a short, and last season and the time to dick around with BS like this is slim if you want to make a nice well rounded overall show. Unfortunately it seems Prime will be beating a dead horse till the season finale, which is unfortunate because this show had so much potential....visually it's still stunning but the story arcs, characterization (heh...what characterization), lack of substance is what will make this a meh show we look back on a couple of years or a decade from now and say "ya...that was that..." because when you'll look back and think about it...this show had nothing but style and action, which is nothing memorable.

Sad really...

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshimus (Post 508755)
Nice to see Soundwave in Soundblaster colours.

...what are you talking about? Soundwave's colours didn't change at all...

ConvoyGTR 05-18-2013 01:26 PM

The Predacons remains are on Earth, just EVERYTHING ELSE! But I found the explanation plausible so I was okay with it.

Ultra Magnus to Smokescreen: "Now you can look your best while moving those boxes." Lol UM is such a hardass, but I'm loving him so much right now.

"Dinobots," "Beast Wars," and "Beast Hunters" references all in the span of 10 secs. A little too fanservicy, but I was amused.

The scene at the end, Soundwave is such a smooth operator.

ARCTrooperAlpha 05-18-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMfan (Post 508767)
This particular episode was just...bad.

It's pandering repetitive crap. Ooo Shockwave said logic (at an illogical point in a conversation, BUT HE SAID IT OMG), looks like Predacon clones have been on Earth all along, like Unicron, like the Cybertronian artifacts...it's pretty bad when even the writers make fun of the repetitiveness not once but twice in the episode, Optimus mentioning yet again Cybertron and Earth's pasts are linked, and Starscream mocking the whole scavenger hunt premise we're going to see over the next little while...

Needless to say its gonna another season of FOUND SOMETHING! ---> ACTION ACTION ACTION ---> Autobot or Decepticon succeed ---> End of episode.

Problem is this is a short, and last season and the time to dick around with BS like this is slim if you want to make a nice well rounded overall show. Unfortunately it seems Prime will be beating a dead horse till the season finale, which is unfortunate because this show had so much potential....visually it's still stunning but the story arcs, characterization (heh...what characterization), lack of substance is what will make this a meh show we look back on a couple of years or a decade from now and say "ya...that was that..." because when you'll look back and think about it...this show had nothing but style and action, which is nothing memorable.

Damn GMfan, you beat me to the punch. Overall, this episode was cringingly acceptable

Things that didn't work and stuff I didn't like:

Wheeljack - truly is a rebel without a cause.

Predacons - How can robotic animals leave behind fossilized remains ?!

Dinobots - ughh, couldn't they say "commando squad"

Beast Wars - that reference felt forced in. More like Monster Hunt.

Beast Hunters - Optimus, you guys aren't hunting beasts, more like bone hunters.

What is the point of actually obtaining the fossils if
you don't intend/can't create your own? Wouldn't it be better destroying them ?

Shockwave - catchword : logic and other related words

So instead of reawakening other Decepticons warrior sentinels who are in stasis pods, you guys are gonna clone more Predacons ?! Real f**king efficient.

Why have they not retrieve Predaking ?

The battlefield - Why do the Autobots even need to split up if the US army picked up the Decepticons on satellite ?! Couldn't they just pop into the location ?

Also, wasn't Smokescreen shot at pointblank range by Shockwave? How is he still alive?

Shockwave has a screwed up sense of priorities in battle. Why is Soundwave the only reinforcements ? How was Bumblebee even able to knock Shockwave on his back like that ?

Tug of War - phase shifter inconsistency. Should not even take place.

Mostly everyone had generic lines.

Stuff I like :

Ultra Magnus - i still love his strict, but reasonable military persona. Even more, the writers kept the fact that Magnus led the Wreckers on Cybertron.

Smokescreen's grumbling - What ? Now you're regretting YOUR decision to revive your biggest hero ? You're more two-faced than I thought : )

Optimus and Ultra Magnus - "what's a kilt?", "just nod and move out, it's better that way"

Bumblebee's decision - well I was bland about it. Even if Bee did get promoted on Earth, it wouldn't really matter cause there's only rookie he could command anyway. :D LOL

Soundwave - was still too cool for words

Shockwave's decision to stay in the lab - not bad, since the writers want to tuck him back into the background for future episodes

joshimus 05-18-2013 02:20 PM

Maybe it feels like I haven't seen Soundwave in awhile but he looked a darker blue than before...actually more predator drone like as opposed to the toy blue. I could be losing my mind.

UltraPrimal 05-18-2013 02:27 PM

You guys also missed the MASK reference at the beginning.

I enjoyed the episode even though it totally felt like a toy commercial. More so in this episode than any other in years. "Hey, check it out! Here's the NEW Optimus Prime toy! Look! He's got jets and rockets and everything! Oh, and here's our 2 new repaints for you to buy! Check out those cool new paint jobs! Don't they kick butt?! And watch out for that new Shockwave toy! He's a big, mean, one-eyed tank! Oh, and while you're at the toy store, don't forget to pick up some Predacons! They're like the Transformers version of dinosaurs, but they're dragons and other mythological creatures! You kids like those things, right?! RIGHT!"

I kind of vainly hope that before BH is over, Optimus will be like, "OK, we need to fight fire with fire. Ratchet, build us some Beasties of our own. And be sure that they're heroic nature is at their Maximal potential!"

joshimus 05-18-2013 02:35 PM

That would be one hell of a surprise. Maximal force. I don't see it happening though.