Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Your top Halloween movies? (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=19293)

hugh_da_man 10-27-2009 02:46 AM

Your top Halloween movies?

As the title of the thread states...what are your favourite Halloween movies? Or just scary movies that you like to dust off for the Halloween season.

My all time favourite would have to be House. It's not a Halloween movie but it's a good "scary" movie that I've been watching since I was a kid. My #2 is Dawn of the Dead (crap my pants running zombie version)...because when there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.

Jazz Hand 10-27-2009 05:46 AM

Re: Your top Halloween movies?

The Shining. I wish Jack Nicholson was still crazy

Prowl_2009 10-27-2009 08:41 AM

I love watching The Creature from the Black Lagoon Trilogy around this time of year. I mean, it's one of the Universal Classic Monsters and what better time of year to watch the original Classic Monster? :D

Cliffjumper69 10-27-2009 08:42 AM

The Evil Dead, Evil Dead II, Army of Darkness, cant go wrong with any of them :D

CJ

Endersrun 10-27-2009 09:31 AM

I love to watch, and re-watch Near Dark. Best vampire movie evah (imo).

Plus its got Adrian Pasdar (Heroes) Bill Paxton, Lance Henriksen, and Jenette Goldstein (all from Aliens). Tim Thomerson (Trancers) and directed by Katheryn Bigelow (The Hurt Locker, Point Break, Strange Days).

Prowl_2009 10-27-2009 09:47 AM

I also enjoy the likes of Jaws, Secret Window and any Simpsons Treehouse of Horror episodes. :D As you can tell, I am just not into that diehard horror genera. :p

brr-icy 10-27-2009 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cliffjumper69 (Post 183300)
The Evil Dead, Evil Dead II, Army of Darkness, cant go wrong with any of them :D

CJ

these

Oasis 10-27-2009 10:51 AM

I'm with Cliffjumper and brr-icy.

Best traditions to introduce to my nieces are "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" and "Ghostbusters."

(They never show it anymore, but Garfield's Halloween special was my favorite when I was very young.)

Aernaroth 10-27-2009 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Endersrun (Post 183305)
I love to watch, and re-watch Near Dark. Best vampire movie evah (imo).

Plus its got Adrian Pasdar (Heroes) Bill Paxton, Lance Henriksen, and Jenette Goldstein (all from Aliens). Tim Thomerson (Trancers) and directed by Katheryn Bigelow (The Hurt Locker, Point Break, Strange Days).

Near Dark's pretty good, but The Lost Boys is even better (or at the very least, more 80s).

Last year on halloween, we watched the Masters of Horror short films Cigarette Burns and Tales from the Witch House, which were both very good. And then we watched the abysmally bad Jesus Christ: Vampire Hunter.

Pascal 10-27-2009 11:28 AM

Hmm... Halloween? :) Except the 3rd one.