Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   So, where's TLK Hot Rod? (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=70683)

Pascal 11-06-2017 02:23 PM

So, where's TLK Hot Rod?

He was supposed to be a WM exclusive, but he's nowhere to be found and the TLK line is about to be phased out with TR in favor of POTP. What's happening? Even the Legion class version never made it to the pegs, nor the 3-step version.

Mikformer 11-06-2017 02:38 PM

Re: So, where's TLK Hot Rod?

the legion class hotrod was available from walmart.ca website for a while now. (except this last week when it finally sold out)

the deluxe never made it here. :(

Matrix_Holder 11-06-2017 03:01 PM

Tlk figures are selling so poorly at Walmart retail that I doubt that we'll see him in any real numbers, if he's shipped with a case assortment. Wave 1 and 2 are still clogging the shelves and we're just seeing wave 3 now and they don't seem to be selling very well either. I think the only way we'll actually see him at Walmart is if the send a case of just hotrods, like that deluxe prime from that train wreck Aoe.

Tonestar 11-06-2017 03:04 PM

He hasn't even hit the U.S. shelves either. I watch select collectors on their various
toy hunts and he is one TF none of them have found as of yet.

GotBot 11-06-2017 05:47 PM

THIS is what a ridiculous price hike gets, well, a missed Hot Rod and all of a sudden lower prices to their regular levels. Funny how that happened when nothing was selling well.

lars573 11-06-2017 06:55 PM

He could be a black friday thing.

optimusb39 11-06-2017 07:01 PM

Or it could just be that they wont do it because the rest of the line is pure junk.

Pascal 11-06-2017 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lars573 (Post 745779)
He could be a black friday thing.

We have a Black Friday in Canada?

lars573 11-06-2017 08:30 PM

For years now.

MapleMegatron 11-06-2017 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pascal (Post 745785)
We have a Black Friday in Canada?

Yeah, thats when TRU ad Walmart had some of their best deals. Walmart had an incredible deal on the Platinum seekers set during Black Friday, same with TRU with their Platinum Dinobots set.

But that's just to answer the black friday question. I do not think Walmart is waiting on Black Friday for Hot Rod.
I think they will just skip them just like they skipped most exclusives last time with Age of Extinction.

Walmart has released their holiday catalogue and the TLK exclusive they highlight are the Titan Hero Figures. That to me pretty much seals the deal that this is it for TLK exclusives at Walmart and I opted to buy through walmart.com and shipping it to a friend in the US who will then ship it to me.

Many canadian friends of mine saw the precedent for Walmart not stocking exclusives in Canada and just went for the Takara version because even though its the same as the Hasbro version, it wasnt exclusive in Japan and could be ordered at all the usual japanese online stores.

Of course, I hope he still makes it for fans to get him, but I personaly dont think it will happen based on the past and of no sign of him this late in the game.

He could always end up at Winners of course, just like the previous Walmart exclusive Stinger toy did.