Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Canadian Transformers News (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Transformers Prime Q&A Answer for Cybertron.ca (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=29224)

Super_Megatron 02-07-2011 06:04 PM

Transformers Prime Q&A Answer for Cybertron.ca

1 Attachment(s)
Cybertron.ca - Any plans to introduce any additional fan favorite characters in Transformers Prime? Such as the Autobot and Decepticon gestalts?

Michael Vogel: VP Development, Hasbro Studios & Jeff Kline; Executive Producer/Co-Developer - TRANSFORMERS PRIME continues to be built with the fan in mind, you can imagine the conversations we have had behind-the-scenes when it comes to whom WE would love to see in the show. We definitely have plans to get other ‘Bots and ‘Cons in there, but one of the things that we all love about PRIME is that we spend the time REALLY getting to know our core cast. That deep-dive into characters and their personalities is one of the things that makes PRIME, I think, really stand out. All that being said, we ARE geeks… so definitely expect some familiar faces and other elements of classic Transformers mythology.
Given TRANSFORMERS PRIME is an all-CG show, we are a little more limited when it comes to new characters than a traditional series might be. The time spent on each ‘Bot and ‘Con is considerable, and each of our Cybertronians require 3 full builds – bot mode, vehicle mode, and transformation mode. So, while it might appear that we have about a dozen leads, we actually have closer to thirty from a production standpoint.

CobraCommander 02-07-2011 08:23 PM

Re: Transformers Prime Q&A Answer for Cybertron.ca

Maybe this means that CJ wasn't just a throwaway character and might come back?

GMfan 02-07-2011 08:43 PM

Sideswipe 02-08-2011 01:42 AM

uh, wouldn't

Quote:

Originally Posted by CobraCommander (Post 312932)
Maybe this means that CJ wasn't just a throwaway character and might come back?

~=

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMfan (Post 312943)

?

Mumps 02-08-2011 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sideswipe (Post 313075)
uh, wouldn't
~=
?

Well, I think that by "Come back" people refer to him being revived, not flashbacked.

As long as we get to see Cliffy again, I will be happy :D

CyberMnky 02-08-2011 10:50 AM

He will be rebuilt on Cybertron by Alpha Trion to kill the Swarm (of zombies)

UTF 02-08-2011 11:53 AM

Would have rathered that they answer the question about the continuity, instead of giving us a vague as crap answer again.

Shockwave 75 02-08-2011 01:00 PM

So in other words, no gestalts.

pandaprime 02-08-2011 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberMnky (Post 313126)
He will be rebuilt on Cybertron by Alpha Trion to kill the Swarm (of zombies)

good one! :primelaugh:

Fiend6669 02-13-2011 11:08 PM

Has anyone ever asked them if they've considered requesting help from the fan community to keep costs down? I'm sure there are a lot of TransFans out there with computer skills who'd be glad to help out for free [or a show credit] if it meant we'd get a larger cast [with big bots who combine]. Even if it meant they were just in the background of the larger battles. Like the Zombie fighting scene [Ep.#5], for example, Fans would have gone nuts for the opportunity to design one of the Zombies, instead of them all looking alike. I've seen some really nice CGI fan work online, and I'm sure some budding artists would've loved the chance to contribute.