Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Should Jazz have an Agent Meister sticker on the windshield? (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=56226)

Sir Prime A Lot 10-24-2014 08:42 PM

Should Jazz have an Agent Meister sticker on the windshield?

The sticker on top of the windshield reads Agent Meister but I've got a second windshield here to swap on without the sticker. I'm wondering if the one on there now is from a different figure or if it actually came with this sticker.

chans formers 10-24-2014 09:07 PM

Re: Should Jazz have an Agent Meister sticker on the windshield?

if you went to the collectors show last week here in calgary,i'm going to guess you bought jazz from a local member who was at the two tables with nothing but tf's.
if so,then those are reprolabels,as i know a couple of those alts/binaltechs he was selling have been upgraded with reprolabels to look that much better.the alt mirage also looked sick with the upgrades.

Megatron75 10-24-2014 09:14 PM

The version that says "Agent Meister" is the Takara bookstyle reissue. The original said "Martinii Porche".

chans formers 10-24-2014 09:23 PM

we talking g1 or alternators?

Sir Prime A Lot 10-25-2014 10:53 PM

I bought it from a friend 3 years ago. The dates check out as vintage but the sticker is there. I was just wondering if at some point someone swapped the windshield on it.

Cerebros 10-26-2014 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Prime A Lot (Post 607063)
I bought it from a friend 3 years ago. The dates check out as vintage but the sticker is there. I was just wondering if at some point someone swapped the windshield on it.

You can't go by the dates, where was it manufactured? If it's China, then it's a recent reissue.

Sir Prime A Lot 10-27-2014 12:02 AM

Date on the foot reads "1980 - 1984 Japan."

Megatron75 10-27-2014 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Prime A Lot (Post 607192)
Date on the foot reads "1980 - 1984 Japan."

Perhaps someone repaired that section using an identical part from the reissue or maybe it's an original part but someone just prettied it up using reissue stickers.

elburrito 10-27-2014 12:53 PM

I've tried using a reissue part to repair a G1 Jazz. The underside of the foot on the reissue is not identical to the original. It will fit, but it is not a sleek and would be quite noticeable. The original piece will not actually fit on the re-issue to my recollection.

The "agent Meister" sticker is definitely from the white-boxed "Collection series". Probably someone switched the windshield/roof piece. That's not too hard to do and it fits.

The re-issue bears the original stamp i.e., 1980-84 and also has a newer stamp. I think it is "2000" but can't recall offhand.

Sir Prime A Lot 10-27-2014 07:35 PM

It's quite obviously a roof from a different Jazz, I guess I should have known better than to think it was original.

http://www.summitsoftware.ca/pictures/jazz-hood.jpg