Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Hasbro Titans Return vs Takara Legends (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=64097)

Poflymn 05-13-2016 09:28 PM

Hasbro Titans Return vs Takara Legends

We are starting to see more and more coloured images of final products for both Hasbro's Titans Return and Takara's Legends version. Pre-orders for Takara Legends have been popping up here and there which brings up the timeless Collector question...

Hasbro or Takara?

Where do you stand with the new line of figures coming out? It seems that this go around Hasbro so far hasn't made any major screw ups or poor choices that would normally push me more towards Takara.

Taking a look at Fort Max, I am quite surprised that the Hasbro version appears to have more paint applications than Takara. Takara to me is looking kind of bland. As for Wheelie, I prefer the smoked wind shield on the Hasbro version but the silver legs on the Takara version.

Where will your preorders or purchase take you?

positivelyken 05-13-2016 09:40 PM

Re: Hasbro Titans Return vs Takara Legends

I usually stick with Hasbro's domestic releases for everything. I only go with Takara for figures that are exclusive to them.

Bountyan 05-13-2016 09:52 PM

I'm going almost exclusively Takara for this line. Their figures look so much better.

The only one so far I'm going Hasbro with is Rewind.

General Tekno 05-13-2016 10:46 PM

I'm going with Takara for most of these, myself.

Especially when Takara's release schedule is so close to what Hasbro's Canadian one will be.

HAVING SAID THAT I'll probably end up picking up some Hasbro releases for the different heads. I like Takara Skullcruncher/Hardhead more BUT wouldn't mind the Hasbro heads, and I kinda want both Apeface bodies, for instance.

And re: Fort Max, I have a custom idea I want to do with him, so I'll probably get the Hasbro one for custom fodder and Takara's for my shelf - it + the eventual Reprolabel set will look fantastic.

Larkhainan 05-13-2016 10:59 PM

Currently I have Weirdwolf, Rewind, Wheelie and Shockwave on preorder with AE. I am probably going to get a Chromedome, Highbrow and Mindwipe, then go the rest for Hasbro. Maybe a Triggerhappy too, depending on when he is coming out. Weirdwolf pops a little more and I like the paint matching on the gun... thing.

As for the legends scale stuff, if you value the bonus head at like $2 they're barely more and it's nice to just have them on locked down ahead of time. I don't think they look massively better.

Deception 05-13-2016 11:25 PM

deluxes and voyagers are usually hasbro, but i dont mind spend the extra $ for the bigger guys

protoform_ironhide 05-13-2016 11:34 PM

Mostly Hasbro, the Takara counterpart on these don't seem to have enough difference to convince me to pay the extra.

Xtreme987 05-13-2016 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by positivelyken (Post 691269)
I usually stick with Hasbro's domestic releases for everything. I only go with Takara for figures that are exclusive to them.

Ditto :p

wervenom 05-14-2016 12:50 AM

50/50

DuG 05-14-2016 01:06 AM

I have some preorders in for some Takara ones and will probably pick up the Hasbro ones if I see them in stores.

OP, you should get both Wheelies and customize them to make one with the smoked windshield and grey legs.