Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers Customs and Artwork (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Repaints & Minor Mods TFcon 2013 Charity Project (Group B): Enter the Vehicons! (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=45155)

General Tekno 01-31-2013 03:50 AM

TFcon 2013 Charity Project (Group B): Enter the Vehicons!

As some of you may know, a TFcon 2013 charity custom "Group A" has already formed, with its members committing to updating one of the most famous of the G1 combiners - Predaking.

Sadly, that kind of a project only has room for five people by its very nature. So several of us who contributed to last year's Beast Wars project but didn't get a chance to get in on this year's decided to band together and come up with another theme.... something that would be fit to go up against a legion of Predacons.

And so, it was hit upon to do a set grouping themed around the natural predator of all Cybertronian beastformers... the Beast Machines Vehicons! And like the Beast Wars set last year, we too are definitely open to others joining in on contributing to this grouping.

RULES: We're not putting a size or mold stipulation on this set, really - general concept is to do Cybertronian-styled Vehicons where possible. So with that in mind, basically anything goes!

CHARACTERS: The aim for the set is to update all of the show Vehicons, at the very least. Beyond that, mind, if people want to get in on the theme there's definitely room to do some of the toy characters, like Mirage/Scavenger/Blastcharge/etc. Heck - if someone wants to take a shot at making Mol, and has figured out how to not make him suck, we're all ears!

CHARACTERS CLAIMED/NEEDED:
Tankor - General Tekno
Strika - Stapler
Obsidian - Mumps
Jetstorm - Malwave
Thrust - Rodimus Prime1

SECONDARY CAST OPTIONS (Still taking people interested!)
Blastcharge
Mirage
Mechatron
Scavenger
Spy Streak - Pyjama Prime

All figures will have to be ready in time for TFcon, so if you're not going to be attending, you're still welcome to participate, but arrangements will have to be made to get the toy there. The current plan is to put these into the charity auction itself, rather than eBaying the set like in previous years.

If you're interested in participating, shoot me a PM or post in the thread with what character you'd like to do/what mold idea you have.

EDIT: 2/2/2013 - Since we have a full slate doing the main cast, I've listed who the secondary cast options are, for anyone interested in still getting in on this!

Stapler 01-31-2013 01:08 PM

Re: TFCon 2013 Charity Project (Group B): Enter the Vehicons!

Really looking forward to seeing how the vehicons turn out. Those predacons don't know what they're in for! :D

chans formers 01-31-2013 10:41 PM

feral hunting instincts shall always top repurposed sparks shoved into new bodies.will megatron never learn?:D

i can't wait to see what you guys churn out on this side!!:highfive:

General Tekno 02-01-2013 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chans formers (Post 486180)
feral hunting instincts shall always top repurposed sparks shoved into new bodies.will megatron never learn?:D

i can't wait to see what you guys churn out on this side!!:highfive:

Hunting instincts are useless against numbers and firepower.

Besides, the Predacons lack one thing the Maximals had in BM - a religious fanatic being manipulated by a rogue Vehicon into even greater fanaticism.

Rodimus Prime1 02-01-2013 03:27 PM

Re: TFcon 2013 Charity Project (Group B): Enter the Vehicons!

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Tekno (Post 485976)
As some of you may know, a TFcon 2013 charity custom "Group A" has already formed, with its members committing to updating one of the most famous of the G1 combiners - Predaking.

Sadly, that kind of a project only has room for five people by its very nature. So several of us who contributed to last year's Beast Wars project but didn't get a chance to get in on this year's decided to band together and come up with another theme.... something that would be fit to go up against a legion of Predacons.

And so, it was hit upon to do a set grouping themed around the natural predator of all Cybertronian beastformers... the Beast Machines Vehicons! And like the Beast Wars set last year, we too are definitely open to others joining in on contributing to this grouping.

RULES: We're not putting a size or mold stipulation on this set, really - general concept is to do Cybertronian-styled Vehicons where possible. So with that in mind, basically anything goes!

CHARACTERS: The aim for the set is to update all of the show Vehicons, at the very least. Beyond that, mind, if people want to get in on the theme there's definitely room to do some of the toy characters, like Mirage/Scavenger/Blastcharge/etc. Heck - if someone wants to take a shot at making Mol, and has figured out how to not make him suck, we're all ears!

CHARACTERS CLAIMED/NEEDED:
Tankor - General Tekno
Strika - Stapler
Obsidian - Mumps
Jetstorm - Malwave
Thrust - ?????

All figures will have to be ready in time for TFcon, so if you're not going to be attending, you're still welcome to participate, but arrangements will have to be made to get the toy there. The current plan is to put these into the charity auction itself, rather than eBaying the set like in previous years.

If you're interested in participating, shoot me a PM or post in the thread with what character you'd like to do/what mold idea you have.

Sent you a PM. Looking at taking on Thrust

Rodimus Prime1 02-02-2013 04:51 PM

Well I was up to 2:00 last night working on Vehicon Thrust for the Charity Event.

Seeing how we are updating them to FOC era I figured I would change Gen Thrust a little, to a kind of a trike hybrid.

Sideswipe stance is so different and as cool looking as Vehicon Thrusts first was , I had thought about using Arcee but a little to Easy.

Anyway heres a sneek peek of what I done up to now. Let me know what you think ?

Cheers

http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/...psebee84fc.jpg

General Tekno 02-02-2013 05:08 PM

Wow. This is definitely REALLY original. Would never have thought of this in 1000 years!

I kinda want to see how this turns out, conceptually. I imagine he might be a little large, but if Beast Machines as a toyline is known for anything other than inaccurate toys it's completely all over the place scale.

Will check with the others but I want to see how this turns out - really brilliant concept. :) A cool reimagining indeed.

Stapler 02-02-2013 05:18 PM

That is just brilliant! Such a great concept should never be held back by scale, IMO. Go for it! :D

chans formers 02-02-2013 08:31 PM

@rodimusprime1,that's both brilliant and bad @$$!!

looks very promising!!

Malwave 02-02-2013 08:53 PM