Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   BC Community Thread For Non-Sightings Chat (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=44203)

kirbenvost 12-04-2012 08:59 PM

Re: BC Community Thread For Non-Sightings Chat

Thanks, I asked in the United Vancouver Collectors social group and the general consensus was to start up a thread so I just took the initiative after seeing that Quebec has their own too. It is a lot of fun being part of a community like this so I wanted to keep that while at the same time keeping the mods and other members happy.

lol, it probably will catch up eventually, we already hit 5 pages in the first day. Not that we need to make it artificially bigger or anything. :D

yuppa 12-04-2012 09:00 PM

I support this thread. And that scalper was hilarious

protoform_ironhide 12-04-2012 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kirbenvost (Post 475260)
Thanks, I asked in the United Vancouver Collectors social group and the general consensus was to start up a thread so I just took the initiative after seeing that Quebec has their own too. It is a lot of fun being part of a community like this so I wanted to keep that while at the same time keeping the mods and other members happy.

lol, it probably will catch up eventually, we already hit 5 pages in the first day. Not that we need to make it artificially bigger or anything. :D

Thank you for starting this thread! It will save me lots of time when people don't go off-topic at the sighting thread. It really bugs me when people go off-topic or post silly comments in the sighting forum. It is better to keep all those other topics elsewhere or here instead. I seriously don't care about people selling ridiculous price on craigslist or scalp the whole freaking Toy's R Us, because I will never buy from them. ALL that I care is only sightings to see what's up with the retail. Although I know there isn't much to sight lately, I am not into the Transfomers Prime line plus the DOTMs is still clogging the shelves.............

vohkuhl 12-05-2012 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yuppa (Post 475261)
I support this thread. And that scalper was hilarious

Man this scalper talk makes me wonder where was I when it happened? Or I was there and just ignored it all together?

Anyone care to fill in the details with a PM?

vohkuhl 12-05-2012 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kirbenvost (Post 475260)

I barely even go to the Social Group... I check at time and I feel so lost or the last post date made posting pointless

*I forgot to multiquote

AeroShake 12-05-2012 12:20 AM

Yeah, I don't think I follow either. Was this about the guy that was selling MP-Megatron or something for like 600 dollars??

vohkuhl 12-05-2012 12:28 AM

I was curious, since I purchase/pre-order most of my TF's online now due to the dry spell in BC.

I get the itch to buy random TF's that are not the main focus to my collection. To prevent that itch, I play with TF's more often than I usually would lately... How often do you play/pose/transform your collection?

Badgertron 12-05-2012 01:05 AM

I approve this thread! As for scalpers, I've long felt that the Sightings threads should only be to people who contribute to the community, or at least have a post count of 50 or something. To those other BC collectors who don't post much because they don't have sightings to report, I strongly urge you to use this opportunity to introduce yourself :) We're a friendly bunch, and I love seeing new people come forth to join our little community.

Vohkuhl, most of my figures are in storage boxes due to space constraints, but I do rotate a few out every few months! I find I play with the smaller, fiddly figures the most :)

-BT

pandaprime 12-05-2012 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badgertron (Post 475314)

Vohkuhl, most of my figures are in storage boxes due to space constraints, but I do rotate a few out every few months! I find I play with the smaller, fiddly figures the most :)

-BT

yeh me too!

WhiteRabbit 12-05-2012 01:32 AM

Chalk me up as a collector who never sighted much worth posting about... but I do have to say that I came to enjoy the banter in the sightings thread. That's the stuff that congeals a community, so I'm glad to see this thread happen.

I've met a good number of boardies around town over the years, and every single one's been nothin' but gold. Stay awesome you guys.

g loonie 12-05-2012 02:41 AM

I'm more of casual collector and just stumbled onto this site during the MP-OP/MP-TC craze when TRU had the 30% off sale. As i was checking for updates i was pretty impressed with the community that had developed and wanted to stay involved even after supplies of both had been snapped up. I was starting to feel bad b/c i don't have a car so i could only give updates on TRU broadway and their selection has been pretty shite as of late. Glad to know this thread exists to chat with other members in the community about other topics (un)related to TF's.

vohkuhl 12-05-2012 02:41 AM

Quote:

-BT

Quote:

Originally Posted by pandaprime (Post 475317)
yeh me too!

That's funny, cause as of late, I've been playing with my Legends from the Generations Gift Set. I do play with randoms that I'm prepping (the not so fun part) for repaint . Still working on developing my skills before I do an official posting.

AeroShake 12-05-2012 03:48 AM

I personally like to rearrange the figures in my display case every couple of months. As for the ones on my shelves, the Arms Micron ones, I repose and fiddle with the Microns for new combinations. That way they don't get too dusty. I have loose figures next to my computer that I fiddle around just for the lulz.

SleeplessKnight 12-05-2012 05:18 AM

Quote:

most of my figures are in storage boxes due to space constraints, but I do rotate a few out every few months! I find I play with the smaller, fiddly figures the most :)

-BT

Me too, I love the detailed Masterpiece and Alternators for display but I play with the Legends/Legion class the most. They're just easier to fiddle with and I don't have to spend half an hour reviewing instructions or a video review to transform it.

Darth Cylon 12-05-2012 12:43 PM

So for those of you who regularly cross boarder shop, do you think you will continue to post WA State sightings in the BC sighting thread?

As for various online sighting, I think we could move it here.

Also we can move some of our local buy/sell/trade topic here so we are not filling the sighting thread with those "I am looking for _____" message?

kirbenvost 12-05-2012 12:56 PM

^ Depends on how the other members feel. I still think cross-border sightings and 'I am looking for/have _____' is relevant to the sightings thread as it may help someone who might not check here.

The scalper in question was some dude on craigslist selling 5+ Thundercrackers for 80 or 100 each or something, and a couple Primes for 150 I believe... and he showed up in the thread and started trolling, pretty much. Then it got taken down and here we are. I'm glad most people approve of this thread anyway. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by vohkuhl (Post 475308)
I was curious, since I purchase/pre-order most of my TF's online now due to the dry spell in BC.

I get the itch to buy random TF's that are not the main focus to my collection. To prevent that itch, I play with TF's more often than I usually would lately... How often do you play/pose/transform your collection?

I don't do major rearranging very often, but I'm constantly tweaking my display whenever I feel like changing something or I have a new figure to make space for. And when I have new ones I'm usually transforming them every day before I put them on the shelf. It's mostly the Neo-G1 and MP/Alts that get messed around with, although Animated and Unicron Trilogy get some love too. Movie and G1 stuff tend to sit there longer.

Yobuster 12-05-2012 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Cylon (Post 475377)
So for those of you who regularly cross boarder shop, do you think you will continue to post WA State sightings in the BC sighting thread?

As for various online sighting, I think we could move it here.

Also we can move some of our local buy/sell/trade topic here so we are not filling the sighting thread with those "I am looking for _____" message?

Yeah sightings for WA state totally helps. It'll help my decisions to drive down south to hunt or not.

Man i'm just off the boards for a few days and so much change already. Personally i prefer the banter in the sightings thread since that's basically the only thread i check.

Good to chit chat and get sightings at the same time but then again i can see it the other way too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kirbenvost (Post 475378)
^ Depends on how the other members feel. I still think cross-border sightings and 'I am looking for/have _____' is relevant to the sightings thread as it may help someone who might not check here.

The scalper in question was some dude on craigslist selling 5+ Thundercrackers for 80 or 100 each or something, and a couple Primes for 150 I believe... and he showed up in the thread and started trolling, pretty much. Then it got taken down and here we are. I'm glad most people approve of this thread anyway. :D

ah ok so the troll postings was removed, i was wondering how i missed it. Then again i've not been on these boards for a few days.

Tech Spec 12-05-2012 01:34 PM

Wish I had the space to display more of my TF's. Just like the rest I can only display a handful at a time and the rest remain in storage.

Lately I have been contemplating if I should sell off my combiners (Hercules, Bruticus w/ FP limbs etc) and just focus on MP's, Alts, BT's and Alternity... really on the fence right now. The 3rd party combiners are just too awesome to pass on... I think I need to find a second job again :p

AeroShake 12-05-2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tech Spec (Post 475392)
Wish I had the space to display more of my TF's. Just like the rest I can only display a handful at a time and the rest remain in storage.

Lately I have been contemplating if I should sell off my combiners (Hercules, Bruticus w/ FP limbs etc) and just focus on MP's, Alts, BT's and Alternity... really on the fence right now. The 3rd party combiners are just too awesome to pass on... I think I need to find a second job again :p

I hear that, bro. I can't keep up with the new stuff! Also, I decided to not cheap out on presents this year so I haven't been able to buy any new figures. I WAS hoping to get a part time for the holidays but that reaaaally didn't work out. Lol.

Tech Spec 12-05-2012 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AeroShake (Post 475395)
I hear that, bro. I can't keep up with the new stuff! Also, I decided to not cheap out on presents this year so I haven't been able to buy any new figures. I WAS hoping to get a part time for the holidays but that reaaaally didn't work out. Lol.

Its good not too cheap out on presents :cool: X-mas shopping complete for me n the Fams. Still have $$$ to buy me some cool 3rd Party stuff this month or maybe a Wii U... decisions

As I was typing this the LMFAO song came on AOTS. It was in sync with your sig hahahahaha!!!

AeroShake 12-05-2012 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tech Spec (Post 475397)
Its good not too cheap out on presents :cool: X-mas shopping complete for me n the Fams. Still have $$$ to buy me some cool 3rd Party stuff this month or maybe a Wii U... decisions

As I was typing this the LMFAO song came on AOTS. It was in sync with your sig hahahahaha!!!

EVEEERYYBOOODY! LOL. Love dat song, love dat gif.

Maan, I really had to budget my Transformer spending this and last month. Lol, depends which 3rd party stuff you're getting? I tried the Wii U, it's sick and all but if you plan on getting more controllers it'll get expensive. Dayum.

Sun Swipe Prime 12-05-2012 03:17 PM

Quote:

-BT

When ever I rotate figures, it's almost like buying new ones and opening them up. I rediscover the figures again and it's like Christmas.

vohkuhl 12-05-2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kirbenvost (Post 475378)

Thanks for that, Darth sent me a detailed PM about the incident and I do recall some of the posting just not the trolling.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tech Spec (Post 475397)

Quote:

Originally Posted by AeroShake (Post 475399)
EVEEERYYBOOODY! LOL. Love dat song, love dat gif.

Maan, I really had to budget my Transformer spending this and last month. Lol, depends which 3rd party stuff you're getting? I tried the Wii U, it's sick and all but if you plan on getting more controllers it'll get expensive. Dayum.

I was debating about the Wii U as well (wife trying to convince me it'll be an xmas gift) but the problem is I still haven't played any of the games I bought for my PS3. So having another console seems pointless at the moment.

thebobkat 12-05-2012 04:14 PM

http://kotaku.com/5965705/the-toughe...form/gallery/1

I do have to agree with the Alternators Grimlock being annoying to transform...there are just some that I feel like I'm going to break every time I try to transform it :P

Mikformer 12-05-2012 04:18 PM

Anyone plan on grabbing all those free Microchangers in the states?
it is unbelievable the freebies Americans get.
People grabbing cases at a time.

KoreanInferno 12-05-2012 04:24 PM

I usually transform my deluxes most with the TV on in the background. Right now I'm changing all my kre-o's to vehicle mode, they look way better and in robot mode the joints are so slippery they just fall off the shelf.

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebobkat (Post 475423)

I do have to agree with the Alternators Grimlock being annoying to transform...there are just some that I feel like I'm going to break every time I try to transform it :P

Haha, I was actually just looking that one up this morning. Jeez, what a coincidence! I had it when I was a kid and for the longest time I had no idea how to get Optimus to straighten his legs. I had him for years before some other kid brought in his at show & tell and used Hi-Q to straighten the legs. By that time I had already lost Hi-Q.

Also trying to get Carnivac to fit inside his wolf shell just right. That was hard too.

Darth Cylon 12-05-2012 04:27 PM

Guys. My copy of The Art of Fall of Cybertron just arrived. I actually got it before the Dec 11 release date. It's a very nice large format hard cover book with pages and pages of the game's art and design from various character and environment concept sketches to final CGI renders, including unused designs (WFC/FOC Ravage!)

You can order it on Amazon here.
http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/1613...ls_o00_s00_i00

AeroShake 12-05-2012 04:34 PM

I'm not as grizzled as some of you TF veterans but on personal experience.. I've had the most trouble transforming the Armada Unicron. The wings and the shell were a pain in the lower hemisphere. Even now though, I find I'm having difficulties with some of the Prime figures, especially the first eds. I almost broke FE Cliffjumper's legs until I found out "oooh, they're not supposed to bend that way". Lol.

I have a friend who is a casual Transformer collector and he bought some of the FE Prime figures and he was seriously frustrated. I don't blame him.

Tech Spec 12-05-2012 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebobkat (Post 475423)

Never had an issue with the Alternators Mustang mold... ok well maybe the first time. After that its been easy. Missing my Alt collection right now :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikformer (Post 475424)

WTF? Really? is it the preview wave or the new wave?

*edit - Just saw the ad. Its a buy two get one free deal at Walgreen's. Unless there is another one?

yuppa 12-05-2012 05:06 PM

Speaking of alternators, i bought skids (scion xb) back in the day.. I found him to be very fragile. It felt like he would break so easy. I ended up keeping him in vehicle form after 2 or 3 transformations..

thebobkat 12-05-2012 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tech Spec (Post 475430)
Never had an issue with the Alternators Mustang mold... ok well maybe the first time. After that its been easy. Missing my Alt collection right now :(

*edit - Just saw the ad. Its a buy two get one free deal at Walgreen's. Unless there is another one?

I think it was something about coupons that were printed in various local newspapers down there that you could use to redeem for a free Kreon (from the preview wave I believe)...though I don't think it specified at store. Some sort of Hasbro promotion. The US never got the promo G2 Devastator Kreon though, as far as I know.

Darth Cylon 12-05-2012 05:25 PM

Our favorite "Capitalist" is back. See BC sighting.

Mikformer 12-05-2012 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tech Spec (Post 475430)

http://hip2save.com/2012/12/01/hot-p...in-the-122-ss/

People are grabbed coupons from papers, and ebay is selling them 40 coupons at a time for $5. LOL.

kirbenvost 12-05-2012 05:36 PM

^ What. That is insane.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tech Spec (Post 475392)

I wouldn't sell them off. As tough as Green Giant was on my budget, he's too cool not to have in my collection. Same goes for the upcoming FP Menasor, though I hope they release him piece by piece instead of in a set. I can spend $60-$80 every month or two a lot easier than I can drop $350.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikformer (Post 475424)

Jeez. I would like to just see Wave 1 here. I got the preview guys, but I want more!

Quote:

Originally Posted by KoreanInferno (Post 475425)
I usually transform my deluxes most with the TV on in the background. Right now I'm changing all my kre-o's to vehicle mode, they look way better and in robot mode the joints are so slippery they just fall off the shelf.

Youtube videos for me. Cue up some TF or RC reviews and transform a couple figures while I have my morning coffee. Before bed is also a nice time to apply G1 stickers. :D

What's this about our favorite Capitalist? Unless that last post is from him. I bet you he got them though if it's true.:argh:

vohkuhl 12-05-2012 05:40 PM

I wasn't even paying attention and I responded to his post, did I just get trolled? If so trollololoolololololl

As for transforming my collection, I've only transformed half of my collection... Anything I open that is in bot mode I keep in that mode (unless I have spares of the same character). I do notice after I do the transformations the first time I'm pretty good without instructions. I'm sure I'm going to eventually break a few because I transform figures out of sequence or its been too long.

kirbenvost 12-05-2012 05:46 PM

I can't even tell anymore... Who knows! It's the guy's first post, so until I hear from a regular member, I'm not believing it.

vohkuhl 12-05-2012 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kirbenvost (Post 475450)
I can't even tell anymore... Who knows! It's the guy's first post, so until I hear from a regular member, I'm not believing it.

If you read carefully it seems he is fishing for information.

Why would he care who got them since he hasn't established himself within our community so knowing who is pointless. Plus one of us would have already made that sighting, so it either went to some random lucky collectors, a kid who will know how awesome the Masterpiece line is or a scalper...

Darth Cylon 12-05-2012 06:04 PM

It is him. I recognise his user name. It was "first" post because his real first post was deleted.

AeroShake 12-05-2012 06:09 PM

Hey guys! I plan on getting this shirt from Redbubble. What exactly is it parodying? I've seen this style before.

http://s6.postimage.org/g2197hqdt/Devastator.jpg

kirbenvost 12-05-2012 06:10 PM

^I'm not really sure. My girlfriend recently bought a shirt like that but it had names of streets in Steveston. :D Must be something, now I'm curious too.

Ah lol the scalper reappears... So now he's just trying to mess with us. Whatever.