Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Canadian Transformers News (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Human Alliance Bumblebee Released in Canada (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=16537)

Batman 06-19-2009 08:27 AM

Re: Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Human Alliance Bumblebee Released in Canada

I had some store credit at BBTS so I ordered it with a couple other things. It was $35 USD which works out to a little over $39 Canadian. Its not much cheaper but better than $49.99.

Goaliebot 06-19-2009 09:50 AM

Re: Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Human Alliance Bumblebee Released in Canada

I hope enough of us refuse to pay $49.99 that whoever decided this price realizes that we are not quite the suckers we're assumed to be, and so they stop this rediculous "them adult fans will pay anything!" way of thinking.

Of course, if we all cave in and drop the $50 because we "have to get him now!" then all we're doing is setting ourselves up for more and more of this super-high pricing in the future.

Optimus_Prime 06-19-2009 10:37 AM

"How much?"

"Considering the vehicle mode detail of the figure and the Sam Witwicky action figure..."

"But the figure looks doped up."

"Ya, but it's a new concept."

"It's a doped up concept?"

"When it's your first Human Alliance figure I wouldn't expect you to understand. $50."

"Not paying over $40, sorry."

*hopes BB breaks all the other toys in the isle*:D

DECEPTICON_BRAWL 06-19-2009 11:12 AM

50 BUCKS?!?!?!?!?!??!!?ARE THEY CRAZY?!?!?!?!??!

why did i get that lacrosse stick....

JSon 06-19-2009 11:35 AM

I am defiantly waiting for a sale for this one. I still can't handle the reasoning. Figure looks awesome, but I think $40 would have been a more acceptable price tag (Though $35 would be preferred :D)

Batman 06-19-2009 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSon (Post 145693)
I am defiantly waiting for a sale for this one. I still can't handle the reasoning. Figure looks awesome, but I think $40 would have been a more acceptable price tag (Though $35 would be preferred :D)

I agree. I was always under the impression that these were going to be priced the same as Alternators ($29.99-$34.99). I can't see the average person buying this either, I mean for $10 more they could get Leader Prime or save like $35 and buy deluxe Bumblebee.

Paradigm-Shift Prime 06-19-2009 02:44 PM

I don't even know that they have any sort of logic with some of this pricing.

As it would have to be something like: "Voyager figure is $30 (and we sell much more volume when on sale for under $25)...so voyager figure and a really cheap little pvc figure in a snazzy box, hmm, yeah $50, that makes sense!"

Equally crappy logic for the Blackout/whatshisname repaint 2-pack. It's a voyager and a deluxe packaged together, $30 plus $15 minus a combined packaged discount equals...$50!? (Or is it $60!?!!!). For that one there is at least the TRU exclusive factor to figure in, but still, totally retarded.

rhinoxmaximal 06-19-2009 02:53 PM

I was looking forward for this figure but i think I'll wait longer for a decent sale.

Goaliebot 06-19-2009 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paradigm-Shift Prime (Post 145780)
I don't even know that they have any sort of logic with some of this pricing.

I think it is more like "Let's see, what are we charging for that purple Shockwave pack? $50? Well this Bumblebee is about the size of that purple Shockwave, and this little Sam figure is about the size of an Activator, so..."

Actually, I think the logic may be more along the lines of "This one is gonna be big with the adult nerds who collect em. They got money - so crank the pricing gun up to "gouge"".

jjwankenobi 06-19-2009 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goaliebot (Post 145808)
Actually, I think the logic may be more along the lines of "This one is gonna be big with the adult nerds who collect em. They got money - so crank the pricing gun up to "gouge"".

More like "stab, twist and turn".

Indeed HA-BB looks more to be aimed at us than the little ones.

Still, that's not excuse to wring us dry...