Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   imax or not? (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=16467)

chans formers 06-16-2009 12:03 PM

imax or not?

well,after going to cineplex.ca/com to get my tickets in advance,apparently the only "advance" tickets are for the imax theare and not the regular screenings yet.is "imax" worth it?or should i just wait till the 24th to get my regular tickets and try my luck??? on another neat note,at the same cineplex.ca/com site,if you type in transformers on their search thing,they have an advertisement for "TFCON08":cool:.the first page the "transformers search brings up has it as number 2 on the list:D

jjwankenobi 06-16-2009 12:22 PM

Re: imax or not?

Definitely worth it...I may be biased since I used to run the IMAX booth at both Riveport Richmond and Chinook Calgary but 2.5 x 5 story screen + 10,000 watt sound system = win.

Make sure to sit near the back, though, or you'll miss a lot.

slippy 06-16-2009 02:40 PM

Let's see...specific scenes filmed specifically for IMAX, extended battle scenes and Optimus in 1:1 scale..so yes IMAX

Mumps 06-16-2009 02:50 PM

If you go to the theater in person, they have advance tickets for both IMAX and regular. I was at the theater today trying to buy ONE more IMAX midnight ticket, and that showing is sold out. Which is partially due to me buying 8 tickets for me and my friends >.>
The regular theater showing for Midnight is not sold out.

However, I highly recomend you watch it in IMAX. The tickets may be expensive ($17.50, as opposed to $12.50 for regular) and there may be only 1 IMAX in the city, but damn... it's worth it every single time! So, if you can spare the money, definately advance order your IMAX tickets.

rhinoxmaximal 06-26-2009 11:33 AM

So I wanted to ask, will I lose much (from the whole ROTF experience) if I see ROTF at the regular screens?

My friends are seeing it on the regulars screens and just because of time constraint, can't watch it on IMAX.

jjwankenobi 06-26-2009 11:39 AM

I saw The Dark Knight first in IMAX then on a 35MM screen and they were truly two different movies but a big screen won't replace experiencing ROTF with friends who love big giant frakin' robots fighting too.

I skipped opening night because the IMAX screenings were all sold out but only because I plan to only watch the movie once. But if you're inclined to watch it again I'd definitely catch it with your mates in 35MM.

rhinoxmaximal 06-26-2009 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjwankenobi (Post 148257)
a big screen won't replace experiencing ROTF with friends who love big giant frakin' robots fighting too.

You're right about seeing it with friends who loves this type of movies. It's just fun all around. My plan was to see the movie only once in theaters but, i guess, a second time won't hurt ;) -thanks

Euroflip 06-26-2009 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slippy (Post 144476)
Let's see...specific scenes filmed specifically for IMAX, extended battle scenes and Optimus in 1:1 scale..so yes IMAX

I had the pleasure of seeing the movie in IMAX and on the regular screen and i'm pretty sure there isnt any different footage on the imax version. The quality is better in the imax scenes but its the same scenes that you would see if you were watching the regular version

GMfan 06-26-2009 12:14 PM

Ya don't believe the extra battle scenes, I've seen both IMAX and regular as well and there was no difference other then the sequences shot in IMAX. I would advise watching it in regular first then in IMAX so you don't miss anything.

tusko 06-26-2009 01:11 PM

I think it would be worth it to see it in Imax.
I plan to go and see in on the July long weekend.