Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Canadian Transformers News (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Grimlock Unleashed Kreo Set Released in Canada (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=54607)

Robimus 07-15-2014 11:18 PM

Grimlock Unleashed Kreo Set Released in Canada

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks to a report from llfalcon we now know that the new Grimlock Unleashed Kreo Set has been released in Canada.

The sighting was made at a Toys"R"us in Winnipeg and the price appears to be $39.99. This set includes a Kreon Grimlock.

Share what Transformers are being sighted in your area in our Canadian Transformers Sightings Forum

RaidenisOP 07-15-2014 11:48 PM

Re: Grimlock Unleashed Kreo Set Released in Canada

It's been spotted in alberta as well about a week ago. I picked one up today at a calgary TRU

Pascal 07-16-2014 12:09 AM

The big AOE Flip & Change Lockdown and Bumblebee figures have also been released at Target.

down_shift 07-16-2014 07:31 AM

This needs to be mine.

Tekkamanraiden 07-16-2014 08:02 AM

I'm not a huge Kreo fan but that I want.

MrCHEESEMANn 07-16-2014 08:04 AM

Wow... Quite a mark up from the US retail price!!!
Totally buying it though! :-)

Scrapper6 07-16-2014 10:05 AM

Awesome, now just have to wait for the end of the month for funds.

Wheeljack Off 07-16-2014 10:11 AM

Bought one for my nephew in coquitlam, bc on Saturday.

IndecisiveS197 07-16-2014 12:21 PM

it's been available at Bowmac TRU in BC for a few weeks now. I'm also not a kreo collector but that set must be mine.

HUGE price increase from TRU.com...so sad.

Scrapper6 07-16-2014 01:34 PM

Huge price increase, really? This is a TRU Exclusive set, the price in the states was 25$, I half expected it to be 45$ if it hit CND shelves, the fact that it only increased by 15$ CND is a much better deal IMO.

EDIT: Er technically 14$ increase, my bad.

The 12th Prime 07-16-2014 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrapper6 (Post 589092)
Huge price increase, really? This is a TRU Exclusive set, the price in the states was 25$, I half expected it to be 45$ if it hit CND shelves, the fact that it only increased by 15$ CND is a much better deal IMO.

EDIT: Er technically 14$ increase, my bad.

That's ok Scrapper6!

Just wait for a sale (which we know will happen sometime) and it'll be closer to U.S retail without the drive :)

IndecisiveS197 07-16-2014 03:11 PM

$5 - $10 I can live with. anything more than that and I consider it a ripoff.

voyagers at walmart.com are $20 online or $24 in store(don't ask me why there's a difference) so the $29 we pay here I can live with (but wait for sales most of the time anyways).

chromecast is $39 here and $35 down south. so only expecting a $5 - $10 difference is reasonable.

RaidenisOP 07-16-2014 03:46 PM

If you can afford it just buy it now while it's available, and you have 45 day return if it goes on sale :) That's what I'm doing.

Robimus 07-16-2014 03:52 PM

Kinda cool that it comes with the five Kreon's, including Galvatron & Lockdown - basically the only two new movie ones I would want.

I will likely pick this up this weekend.

Abraxys 07-16-2014 05:41 PM

WOW, i REALLY want this!!!

........39$?!

.....no.

just no.

ChemPrime 07-16-2014 07:39 PM

I don't mind the price to be honest, I cannot wait to get this set!

Marcotron 07-17-2014 02:33 PM

Why doesn't it "transform"?
Or can somebody make some instructions on how to unofficially "transform" this into bot mode?

style 07-19-2014 09:50 AM

Anyone see this in Ontario?

Tekkamanraiden 07-20-2014 08:15 AM

Not so far.

Scrapper6 07-20-2014 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcotron (Post 589388)
Why doesn't it "transform"?
Or can somebody make some instructions on how to unofficially "transform" this into bot mode?

Officially, I think Hasbro is focusing more on selling Kreons these days instead of 2-1 sets. All of the AoE sets do not feature new heads or joints for building robot modes for any of the figures, and the Dinobots, much like the Predacons from Beast Hunters, seem to be relegated to brick-built dinos that don't actually transform.

It's possible their marketing team tested new 2-1 builds and found that their focus groups and the like just weren't interested any more.

It's also possible that they decided to omit that feature because of Construct-Bots. I'm not sure, all I know is that the cheaper sets suffer due to this, because of lack of parts and simpler looking Dino builds, while the larger sets are more like LEGO now being playsets for the Kreons to interact with compared to buildable Transformers, who knows, if SDCC reveals next years sets return to the 2-1 builds it could just be for the movie line, if not... Kreons are the main selling point and Hasbro's ditching the brick built 2-1 model, which may or may not be a good thing design wise.

PrimeCron 07-20-2014 08:12 PM

Had one set in my hands today while shopping at Vaughan Mills and decided to leave it behind... I just couldn't justify spending $39.99 plus taxes...

chans formers 07-20-2014 09:27 PM

39.99 for basically the grimlock kreon.....no for now.
(i did the same for the megatron/sentinel prime and starscream sets,bought the sets,removed the kreons and gave the rest of the sets to my little brother)

Matrix_Holder 07-20-2014 10:40 PM

I showed up to my local TRU as the last sets were walking out the door. I was out grocery shopping and had to stop off at home to drop off some icecream before toy shopping and totally missed out on this set because i didnt want melted icecream. la de da, someone thinks highly of himself that he doesn't have to eat melted icecream. here you go your majesty, firm ice cold icecream...enjoy.

style 07-21-2014 04:39 PM