Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Canadian Transformers News (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Toys R Us Canada Announces all Collector Items Products as FINAL SALE (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=86783)

Dark Rage 10-11-2022 10:14 PM

Toys R Us Canada Announces all Collector Items Products as FINAL SALE

2 Attachment(s)
Thanks for various reports on social media and multiple users on Cybertron.ca, we've learned that Toys R Us Canada has now made all "Collector" figure products as Final Sale.

That means no returns or exchanges at all, even for defective items on arrival/opening the package.

Does this affect your shopping habits? What are your thoughts? Discuss on the cybertron.ca boards!

Prime Sinister 10-11-2022 10:30 PM

Re: Toys R Us Canada Announces all Collector Items Products as FINAL SALE

D’oh! And I just got a TRU gift card.

Lioconvoy81 10-11-2022 10:39 PM

Death knell for TRU.

pandaprime 10-11-2022 10:41 PM

so this gives TRU the out that if they ship a customer a rock in a box instead of an action figure by mistake they don't have to accept the return per the policy . That is just too awesome for words.

Primetyme 10-11-2022 10:57 PM

Did several returns of "collector figures" over weekend at TRU in the GTA. No issues and even got a $10 coupon for the trouble at one location.

Robimus 10-11-2022 11:11 PM

Tiffster 10-11-2022 11:13 PM

I recently bought the world's collide pack and was told I has until January to return it

MikeWade23 10-11-2022 11:13 PM

Not gonna buy a damn thing from them anymore if this is true. This might prevent figure swapping, but there’s some people out there that actually get a figure with defects and just wanna replace it or get their hard earned money back. Huge L for TRU.

PrimeConvoy 10-11-2022 11:44 PM

I already avoid buying anything from TRU, I'll only go after the exclusives they carry, and that's only if I have no other choice. Honestly the price is not that different if you get them from Pulse. My TRU has the Legacy Red Cog for $32.87 claiming it's 40% off and then have the Marvel Legends Into the Spider-Verse Noir and Spider-Ham as $84.99 claiming it to be a 2-pack, when that Spider-Ham Came packed in with Spider-Gwen little over a year ago for like $30. Huge Pass.

Napseeker 10-11-2022 11:48 PM

The quality control for TF products have been the worst out of all of Hasbro's products, I have certainly relied on doing exchanges at TRU in order to get one with fewer paint issues (when the store later got in more stock).

It's a sad day for TRU because collectors aren't going to put up with Hasbro's bullcrap (blind boxes, constant price increases, quality control issues) AND TRU's issues (huge markups over MSRP, inability to return or exchange products).

It's a perfect storm for losing customers right as the holiday buying season approaches.