Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   ShelfLife Beta Test Announcement: Very Exciting Stuff (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=36546)

Softimus Prime 12-19-2011 05:47 AM

Re: ShelfLife Beta Test Announcement: Very Exciting Stuff

Kinda late to the game, but what number are you guys currently at? I would like to register.

nickh 12-19-2011 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Softimus Prime (Post 394975)
Kinda late to the game, but what number are you guys currently at? I would like to register.

Don't worry about the number, Softimus Prime. If you send your name, and Cybertron.ca username, to launch@shelflifex.com , we'll get you setup with a Private Beta account.

---

UPDATE: 11:21am EST: I almost forgot! In the email, tell us what your grail is.

Pascal 12-19-2011 11:54 AM

Do you think there would be a way to select the toys we have (or want?) in a simpler format where you don't have to specify the condition, completeness, price paid, etc.? Like, you just check the boxes of the toys you have within a line and you're done, but you have the option of coming back later to edit the specs for each and every toy if you want?

nickh 12-19-2011 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pascal (Post 395006)
Do you think there would be a way to select the toys we have (or want?) in a simpler format where you don't have to specify the condition, completeness, price paid, etc.? Like, you just check the boxes of the toys you have within a line and you're done, but you have the option of coming back later to edit the specs for each and every toy if you want?

We might support that in the future with a setting in your account.

For more details, Ozrein asked a very similar question in post #406, which faustx answered.

faustx 12-19-2011 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pascal (Post 395006)

Hey there,

Your best bet if you are looking to rush through a catalogue recording is simply to use the mass controls up top to set the entire catalogue to a certain set of defaults, and just make a note to yourself to update it later.

As per the earlier conversation on this topic that Nick referenced the reason we're trying to get the detail up front is that if you guys ever sell anything, you'll need to fill it in anyway, and the system needs to make predictive matches to notify everyone of selling opportunities before you even think of them. I know many of us intend to keep everything, but inevitably there comes a time where we need the cash flow and find ourselves wondering what we'd be willing to part with. With good data inputted by the collectors ShelfLife will be able to instantly provide you with a list in order based on how highly you rated the product and/or catalogue and the difference between what you paid and the best possible offer.

There is also the desire to get great stats inside the system on price trends AND our upcoming map based sightings tech that will all become more effective if we take the time to properly record collection acquisition data.

Bottom line: You'll get way more out of the system if you take the time to fill it with smart info about your collections. It takes some time, but far less so now that the Mass Have button is available and speaking from experience using it this weekend for my own stuff, well worth the time spent.

Have fun out there!

James

Softimus Prime 12-19-2011 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickh (Post 395005)
Don't worry about the number, Softimus Prime. If you send your name, and Cybertron.ca username, to launch@shelflifex.com , we'll get you setup with a Private Beta account.

---

UPDATE: 11:21am EST: I almost forgot! In the email, tell us what your grail is.

I have sent in my information. Thanks

Bruticus82 12-19-2011 09:46 PM

Site seems completely down right now, this is a portion of the message I just got using chrome at 8:47 pm:

Ruby (Rack) application could not be started
These are the possible causes:
There may be a syntax error in the application's code. Please check for such errors and fix them.
A required library may not installed. Please install all libraries that this application requires.
The application may not be properly configured. Please check whether all configuration files are written correctly, fix any incorrect configurations, and restart this application.
A service that the application relies on (such as the database server or the Ferret search engine server) may not have been started. Please start that service.
Further information about the error may have been written to the application's log file. Please check it in order to analyse the problem.
Error message:
Cannot connect to a replica set using seeds mong01:27017, mongo02:27017 (Mongo::ConnectionFailure)
Exception class:
PhusionPassenger::UnknownError
Application root:
/var/www/shelflifex.com/production/current

nickh 12-19-2011 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruticus82 (Post 395165)
Site seems completely down right now, this is a portion of the message I just got using chrome at 8:47

Hey Bruticus82. Thanks for reporting this. I should be home soon to fix it, and will post here when the site's up again.

Apologies to everyone for the inconvenience!

nickh 12-19-2011 10:46 PM

And the site's running properly again. Hop back onto it, everyone!

Ozrein 12-19-2011 10:53 PM

I'm just on the site right now trying out the new "have all" feature. Worked great for the Alternators line.

A couple things to note though (just site related, not specific to 'have all'):
-Binaltech is listed under Hasbro.
-When viewing my collection in collect mode, I see it displays how many figures you have in a particular catalog, however if you have figures in a sub-catalog, the main page does not display the number beside the main catalog name. Not sure if this is a bug or if it's intended.
-Also I reported a missing item from the Universe 2.0 catalog a couple weeks ago. I dont see it added yet though...