Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   What is your favorite Pixar feature film? (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=42816)

BScorpinok75 09-28-2012 09:20 PM

What is your favorite Pixar feature film?

Just talking with the kids about there favorite Pixar movie. And thought I'd bring the question to the boards for some opinions here. My favorite would have to be Toy Story. With Monsters, Inc. & A Bug's Life not far behind. What is your favorite?

The poll only has ten options so if your choice isn't represented choose the "other" options and then list your choice.

skrilla 88 09-28-2012 10:48 PM

Re: What is your favorite Pixar feature film?

I've always had a place in my heart for A Bug's Life. Monster's Inc would be my second favourite.

CBII 09-28-2012 11:29 PM

Personally Cars then Incredibles

nukedproducts 09-29-2012 02:13 AM

WALL-E is my personal favourite.

Commandoclone87 09-29-2012 09:08 AM

Gonna go with a three-way Tie between Finding Nemo, Toy Story and A Bug's Life.

joshimus 09-29-2012 11:04 AM

Monsters Inc would be my choice. Bugs Life was fun but I do prefer Toy Story 2 over the first and third. Wall-e was cute but yeah, I would say as a complete film, Monsters Inc for me.

jourdo 09-29-2012 11:13 AM

That is a hard bunch to choose from. I went with Cars as it was the first Pixar movie I saw 100 times. My son loved that film and started him on the OCD road to collecting. It is more of a personal attachment as to what the film brought my family than the film itself.

TMIIWonkoNemises 09-29-2012 12:34 PM

I personally find it hard to choose.Every Pixar film I saw (Except for Cars and Cars 2) were all better than the last one made...so,the default answer will have to be all of them.

Except for Cars and Cars 2.

FreedomGundam 09-29-2012 12:42 PM

This is how I rank them:

3) Cars/Cars2 - Haven't actually seen them, mind you
2) Up, Brave - Both very good movies, but these two don't have the same lasting appeal as the other ones, I find. Haven't bothered to buy them on DVD/Blu-Ray (yet)
1) all the rest [Toy Story 1/2/3, Bug's Life, Monsters Inc, Nemo, Incredibles, Ratatouille, Wall-E] - These I own all on DVD or Blu-Ray, and have watched all of them way more than multiple times each

Shepp 09-30-2012 08:56 PM

Hmm..... Toss up between Wall-E and Up, with the Incredibles taking third.

I think the Pixar movies are now what the Disney movies used to be. And probably because they brutally tackle death.

Look at Finding Nemo: first few minutes and Marlin's wife AND millions of offspring are killed.

Incredibles: superheroes actively being recruited and killed. Its emphasized that the villains WILL kill the children if caught.

UP: Charles Muntz plummets to his death. Ellie dies a slow and emotional death, where the effects are really felt through the movie. All of the adventurers sent to find Charles Muntz or to do unrelated research are murdered by Charles Muntz.

Wall-E: the entire biosphere of the Earth is decimated. Those who can't affoard to get on those ships basically live in a Borderlands/Fallout/MadMax theme park with real radiation for the remainder of their lives. Since we don't see any survivors after 700 years, its pretty clear they were all dead. Also, it is hinted that each captain was killed by Otto once a positive plant result was received, in order for him to follow his directives. Similar situations would have happened on the other ships, since none appeared to reach Earth before the Axiom. As an added bonus, I'm sure a large number of ship passengers died trying to acclimatize to the dangers and toxins of Earth.

Monsters Inc.: Now this one's pretty dark. How many children were captured and tortured to death so their screams could be harvested? Seems like Roz had Waternoose under investigation for a LONG time before the whole incident with Boo.

Hmmm....... I think I'm actually going to go with UP. That movie pulled so many emotional heartstrings in me as an adult. And was one of the things that lead me to actually getting a dog.