Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Canadian Transformers News (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Transformers Beast Machines: The Complete Series DVD released in Canada (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=55453)

Leozak 09-02-2014 12:30 PM

Transformers Beast Machines: The Complete Series DVD released in Canada

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks to Matrix_Holder, we know that Transformers Beast Machines: The Complete Series DVD has been released in Canadian retailers and spotted at Wal-Mart in Burlington, Ontario.

To find this and other Transformers in your area, check out the Canadian Transformers Sightings Forum.

Matrix_Holder 09-02-2014 12:41 PM

Re: Transformers Beast Machines: The Complete Series DVD released in Canada

I would have grabbed it if it wasn't already on its way to my house via Amazon. There were only 3 sets from what I saw but there could have been more else where. Now I can stop watching that bootleg I bought 2 years ago haha.

UltraPrimal 09-02-2014 02:07 PM

My biggest complaint with Shout Factorys releases is that they often lack much of anything in the way of special features beyond a few interviews and a couple commentaries. And this release is no exception.

They could have so much more. Especially for a series as controversial as Beast Machines was. They're usually at BotCon every year, right? Why not ask some fans what they thought of the series back then and how it stacks up today. Heck, they could at least include some commercials or something.

sacha88 09-02-2014 02:16 PM

Saw this at Walmart, but after ordering TRU MP Prowl...the wallet needs a breather.

pulsedragon20 09-04-2014 03:54 PM

I got mine from Amazon because it was the cheapest (a filler may be needed to get free shipping)

Autobotz24 09-05-2014 12:27 AM

Picked one up for my girlfriend last night. She's so excited

Protoman 09-05-2014 01:35 AM

I own the original Rhino boxset

Any reason to get this one? Any extras at all?

Evan 09-08-2014 11:25 AM

To the best of my knowledge, there are no extras on this one, but I don't actually have it. When I was at Walmart last week, I was told that the "movie cube" hadn't been touched since Sunday and due to the long weekend, new releases would not be out until Friday. Weird. I didn't see it at the mall either (although I didn't specifically ask), so I'll probably just order one from Amazon unless I stumble across it first.

Rodimus Prime1 09-08-2014 02:11 PM

Got mine Sun

Was in Walmart ( BC) on Friday couldn't find any except a empty tag. decided to ask one of the girls behind the counter she said there system showed 3. She had a look and couldn't find any so she took my number and said she call if she found one.

went to the store Sunday for something else and she recognized me and bought over the DVD saying she found it.

I think that's the best service I have ever had from there.

JLvatron 09-09-2014 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UltraPrimal (Post 598379)
They could have so much more. Especially for a series as controversial as Beast Machines was. They're usually at BotCon every year, right? Why not ask some fans what they thought of the series back then and how it stacks up today.

I don't think that would work.
Back in the day there was sooo much fan whining & entitlement about BM. Nobody would wanna interview anyone with such negativity.

Quote:

Originally Posted by UltraPrimal (Post 598379)
Heck, they could at least include some commercials or something.

That's not a bad idea.
But traditionally with a toy franchise, most of the commercials are toy commerc's.

Unfortunately for BM, the toys looked too different from the cartoon models, that it would be another source of negativity.

They could certainly ask David Kaye for an interview. The Canadian v.a.'s are very approachable, plus David liked BM so they could get a nice input.

Who was the main writer who also did TF Animated?
He could be interviewed as well.

A tour of Mainframe studios would be unique.