Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Bad news RE: new Commemorative Prime (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=44388)

Bruticus 12-14-2012 07:45 AM

Bad news RE: new Commemorative Prime

Hey all. Some of my sources have told me that the new Commemorative Prime re-release that just came out is using the cab and trailer from the 25th anniversary edition. I have been promised pictures to prove it later, but a warning to those who were looking to order it... May be a good idea to hold off. I will update this post when (if) I get those pics.

Bruticus 12-14-2012 10:01 AM

Re: Bad news RE: new Commemorative Prime

Pascal 12-14-2012 10:03 AM

So it's the normal version?

Bruticus 12-14-2012 10:06 AM

Call it the 25th anniversary one in the commemorative series box. Lighter colours, longer missiles, etc. All that it's missing in the comic and the Peter Cullen sound box.

"I am Optimus Prime!"

chroma23 12-14-2012 10:58 AM

i see trimmed smokestacks....

Shepp 12-14-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chroma_cg (Post 477078)
i see trimmed smokestacks....

Everytime this is brought up I'm reminded of the whole Family Guy thing regarding Optimus Prime being Jewish. lol.

down_shift 12-14-2012 11:59 AM

If it is the 25th edition with that brutal pink hue then I see these going to nostalgia collectors, not transformer collectors.

Batman 12-15-2012 12:14 AM

The colors are closer to the original (the blue and red were much lighter on the 25th version).

That being said, it looks like those Autobot logos are tampoed on. If that is the case than these are indeed another production run and not just left over/discovered stock of the 2002 TRU reissue.

Does the launcher for Roller work? They left out the spring in the 2002 reissue (and glued in a modified piece) but put it back in for the 25th version.

xueyue2 12-15-2012 12:21 AM

honestly I don't see why they are doing this now?

zackmak 12-15-2012 03:20 AM

All the 2012 re-issues of the Commemorative Series (OP, Soundwave, Astrotrain, PM OP, and Ultra Magnus) have descriptions of 'new version' on the bbts website. Thanks for the info on the new OP...any info on the other 4 new reissues? I read that Soundwave has some slight colour-shade differences, and laserbeak has shorter missles.

Bruticus, maybe you know more about the rest.

Also, are these exclusive for bbts? online retailers only? Never heard anything saying they will be available at retail stores.