Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Canadian Transformers News (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Zellers BOGO Sale on Transformers March 16-22 (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=38925)

Benzo 03-14-2012 05:00 PM

Zellers BOGO Sale on Transformers March 16-22

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks to alternatorfan, we know that from March 16th to the 22nd, Zellers is having a buy one get one half off sale on all Transformers items including Kre-O construction sets. This sale excludes and price cut items.

alternatorfan 03-14-2012 05:00 PM

Zellers Buy One Get One 1/2 Off Sale on Transformers

zellers is having their buy one get one half price sale on friday mar 16th on all transformers related items including kreo sets!

Goaliebot 03-14-2012 05:27 PM

Re: Zellers Buy One Get One 1/2 Off Sale on Transformers

$24.99 Prime deluxe + $12.45 BOGO1/2 Deluxe = $37.49 for the pair, or $18.75 each. Only Zellers can have a BOGO 1/2 sale and still be more expensive than the competition's regular price. :D

Voyager/Powerizers are better, at:

1st: $34.99
2nd: $17.50
Total: $52.49 (pre tax)
Each avg: $26.25 (plus tax)

Plainsjumper 03-14-2012 06:04 PM

How about taking a ToysRUs flier in every day that their sale is on and hitting them again and again with "Dare to Compare". Maybe then Z-management will get the message.

chaingunsofdoom 03-14-2012 06:50 PM

From what I've seen, Mgmt's message nowadays seems to be: 'wait until Target takes-over'.

Nomad 03-14-2012 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plainsjumper (Post 416426)
How about taking a ToysRUs flier in every day that their sale is on and hitting them again and again with "Dare to Compare". Maybe then Z-management will get the message.

Exactly. I went there today to check out the Voyager Megatron, but even at 15 bucks (assuming Zellers would have done the price match) I couldn't stomach it because of how shitty both him & the RID Prime looked.

Also since we're on the subject of shitting on a shitty retailer, I noticed that they're still marking up the price of Legends figures to 10 bucks (individually), so maybe the last couple of times I saw this weren't mistakes.

Th West Kelowna store had botshots at 6.99 or 7.99 though (can't remember), so at least they've got something to offer.

brr-icy 03-15-2012 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nomad (Post 416456)

Th West Kelowna store had botshots at 6.99 or 7.99 though (can't remember), so at least they've got something to offer.

except botshots are $5 everywhere else, still fail, can't wait until they close their doors, it's beyond pathetic now

Nomad 03-15-2012 12:39 AM

Hhaah. Well, I tried.:)

Gaetznes 03-15-2012 09:23 AM

I do not recall the name of the item, its one of those Camping Mini Themed Beds for kids. At my zellers we have 20% off, yet it is still a good $15 more then TRU. Does that make sence? No, it doesn't.

Nomad 03-15-2012 09:40 AM

Well, and here's a silly thought. What if the (future) target owners are getting suckered into buying the existing stock from the stores they assimilate? If that's the case rather than simply a flat price (especially if the currently attempted retail price factors into how much the Zellers corp/dealer/whatever gets), then what they're doing makes perfect sense because joking aside, I never remember their pricing being this bad all across the board. Like much of the time it was actually on par with places like TRU & Wal-Mart, and I almost always bought clothes there because they'd have a better selection of shit for like 7-20 bucks.

... however, that's totally not the case anymore, almost to the point of seeming like they don't wanna turn their inventory (even though this traditionally makes no sense from a retail standpoint).