Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   TFcon Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Who is getting hyped... (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=64660)

Stormrave 06-25-2016 11:45 AM

Who is getting hyped...

I'm so excited for TFCon and it's still June.

I want to be sitting in the bar saying hi to you all right now, with a robot on the table next to my drink and hopefully a few more robots in my coat pockets.

I want to be in a crowd of people who love Transformers as much as I do, where I don't have to be shy about playing with them, or hold back from talking about them (a crowd where the weirdos are the people NOT playing with or talking about Transformers)!

I can't believe I've been doing this for over a decade now. I can't imagine a year WITHOUT TFCon.

predahank 06-25-2016 11:56 AM

Re: Who is getting hyped...

I like your enthusiasm
:)

Dragon Knight 06-25-2016 12:36 PM

wervenom 06-25-2016 12:48 PM

This is worse than counting down for Christmas lol. I'm really excited for this year and share the OP's point. Bring it on!

TRUCKvsGUN 06-25-2016 12:57 PM

I was super-hyped, I was gonna bring my gf this year, but I just got offered a contract up north and I really need that cash. I was hoping to meet more people this year, I don't have any friends who are into Transformers and TFcon is the best opportunity for that. Oh well, maybe next year.

optimusb39 06-25-2016 01:11 PM

Ive been counting the minutes...
Finally got a job in feb after a year of inemployment and my first thought wad " yes! I can go to tfcon this year afterall! " ;)

Stormrave 06-25-2016 01:39 PM

I gotta say, getting there in 2014 was ridiculous. I'd just moved from Ottawa to New Brunswick literally three days previous, and left my job to do so. I was very lucky the people who helped me move happened to be passing through Toronto on the way back (on their way to the My Little Pony Fair, so you know, they understand) and got a plane ticket home for early birthday....

I got a new job seven weeks later, thankfully, but I remember thinking PLEASE JUST GIVE ME THIS (with great thanks to my husband who spent the weekend in a house with 400 packing boxes, 4 angry cats and no electricity)

CyberMnky 06-26-2016 10:28 PM

Ive been trying not to get super hyped just cause I have the patience of a junkie on pay day but im failing hard core. Cant wait to see my tf buddies again

zuffyprime 06-26-2016 11:23 PM

Well said Stormy!!
For those of you who don't know, in the very early years of TFcon, Stormy organized a "Friday Night Pizza Party" which was my first informal opportunity to sit down and meet some fellow TF fans! (Thanks stormy!!)

In my early years of tfcon, it was all about the toys...
now it is all about the people... the amazing friends I've made over the years, and the new ones I look forward to making...

TFcon can't come soon enough!!

Ninjatron 06-27-2016 07:05 PM

I'm not ready yet.
But I will be!
And when I am... look out!

Sayonara.