Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   BOTCON figures? (not sale thread) (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=29465)

shockwing 02-18-2011 12:38 AM

BOTCON figures? (not sale thread)

Hi, I know nothing about Botcon "exlusive" figures, but that they are out of my price range. they get a new paint job and minor retooling.

what I'm I paying for if I get any? and what are their price ranges

soundwaveCA 02-18-2011 12:47 AM

Re: BOTCON figures? (not sale thread)

shockwing 02-18-2011 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soundwaveCA (Post 315668)

I know where to find them, just wanted to know if they are worth the money

GMfan 02-18-2011 12:53 AM

You're paying for a rare, exclusive figure...their price totally depends on popularity but rarely goes below their initial pricing which is higher then usual to begin with.

....as for is it worth it....umm....something you'll need to answer for yourself really...

SleeplessKnight 02-18-2011 01:51 AM

It really depends if you feel you need that figure to complete your collection.

There were some must haves like before like 2007 Thundercracker, Dirge and Thrust. But they have been made semi-redundant now with the Generations version coming out.

There are some really cool unique ones that I wished I had but are really out of my price range. Usually it's a recolor or a new head mold that makes a character you otherwise wouldn't have been able to get.

jourdo 02-18-2011 02:32 AM

Only you can answer the are they worth it question. That just comes down to personal taste and how much you like a given character.

Generally the convention toys give you something you will likely not see in mass production.

General Tekno 02-18-2011 03:33 AM

It really depends on the figure for price.

For instance, the 2005 set figures aren't all that expensive.

Meanwhile, 2006 BW Megatron regularly goes for 1000 bucks nowadays whenever he pops up on eBay.

Protoman 02-18-2011 09:52 PM

Price always changes. One set can be worth 1000 one moment and 500 the next. In all honesty, the stable pricing of most new TFs today is impossible and a silly question to ask. Better yet, ask the individual TF you want, and I can give you it's CURRENT going rate but even then that can change tommorow.