Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Reprolabels - Canada? (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=69633)

Bloodstriker 08-01-2017 03:05 AM

Reprolabels - Canada?

I'm wanting to order a set of MP-10 Reprolabels. I heard that the company is based out of Canada, however, when I go to their website, I am forwarded to the Toyhax website, and I am charged in USD. I'm wondering if this is the only site to use, or if Reprolabels has a Canadian dollar based site?

Chigimus 08-01-2017 04:33 AM

Re: Reprolabels - Canada?

Yeah, this is the only site for sure. Even before getting re-branded as Toyhax, their former site had been charging in USD from the start, IIRC. The only way to get their stuff in CAD is to get them in person at TF Con.

wervenom 08-01-2017 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chigimus (Post 737648)
Yeah, this is the only site for sure. Even before getting re-branded as Toyhax, their former site had been charging in USD from the start, IIRC. The only way to get their stuff in CAD is to get them in person at TF Con.

Seconded

RNSrobot 08-01-2017 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wervenom (Post 737651)
Seconded

Definitely what's been keeping me from going through with a rather large order. I get it, but dat exchange... =)

Mega-Prime 316 08-01-2017 11:27 AM

yeah the exchange is terrible..I have put off buying a few sets for that reason...too bad there isn't a Canadian discount sale or something. Every so often have a "If you live in Canada you get what you see in Canadian dollars instead of USD" sale. :)

Bloodstriker 08-01-2017 12:22 PM

Oh wow. That's unfortunate for a Canadian business to not support it's Canadian customers.

justprime 08-01-2017 01:19 PM

Or free shipping to offset the exchange rate for us

Shockwave 75 08-01-2017 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RNSrobot (Post 737659)
Definitely what's been keeping me from going through with a rather large order. I get it, but dat exchange... =)

Don't get me started!!

I love Reprolabels, but this is the one thing I fucking HATE about them! I've been wanting to get a few things, but I just cant justify it due to the exchange.

I just got the CW Liokaiser set, and I want to get the labels for them, but at $20 US, plus shitty exchange, plus bank fee, it comes out to just over $30, plus shipping, which is ALSO in USD!!

Janitor 08-01-2017 01:47 PM

Perhaps now's the time for our (Canadian) voices to be heard, this thread is a good start!

Automaton and A3U eventually accommodated their Canadian customers, despite the exchange rate. We should all start messaging Reprolabels/Toyhax to let them know about the business they're missing out on.

Mega-Prime 316 08-01-2017 02:18 PM

There was a huge debate thread about this a year or two ago..I mentioned that it kinda sucked that Canadian residents were being charged Canadian shipping and Canadian taxes is USD..it sparked a little debate about the businesses trying to stay afloat in todays economy bla bla bla.. http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=59968