Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Next line after POTP? Thoughts? (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=72573)

Collectingtoys 05-26-2018 10:19 AM

Re: Next line after POTP? Thoughts?

For the sake of our bank accounts, space in our homes & peace with the Wives (for those of us that live with one don’t share our robot enthusiasm), it’s good that there are different generations for the many decades of Transformer fans.

Maybe after Power of the Primes, some of us can take a break and others will see product that excites them to buy. For Hasbro & Takara, as it was in 1980 and as it will be in 2020, the goal is always to sell more toys!

I don’t read the comics, but isn’t there a reset of the universe after this year? Perhaps, sell a line of toys tied to the reboot.

down_shift 05-26-2018 12:17 PM

From what I've been told the theme of the next line is more of a Cybertronian style.

Pascal 05-26-2018 01:43 PM

Sounds like an excuse for shit alt modes... :/

down_shift 05-26-2018 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pascal (Post 760932)

I loved the non-earth looking alt modes of Cybertron and WFC/FOC but I hope none of their robot modes look as brutal as Sideswipe and Jazz.

Alexander Quinn 05-26-2018 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pascal (Post 760932)

Absolutely agree. Just about everything ‘Cybertronian’ just looks like pointy alien gibberish. I don’t mind the occasional wacky design, but really not looking forward to a whole line of cars without windshields, tanks without treads, and jets that look like a razor sharp orgy of Doritos.

MapleMegatron 05-27-2018 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by down_shift (Post 760937)
I loved the non-earth looking alt modes of Cybertron and WFC/FOC but I hope none of their robot modes look as brutal as Sideswipe and Jazz.

While I know we have gotten some sub par cybertronian modes in the past, all the recent stuf we got was superb. The best molds from Titan Returns were Cybertronian designs (Blurr mold and Trigerhappy mold).

down_shift 05-27-2018 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MapleMegatron (Post 761006)
While I know we have gotten some sub par cybertronian modes in the past, all the recent stuf we got was superb. The best molds from Titan Returns were Cybertronian designs (Blurr mold and Trigerhappy mold).

I love season three and four alt modes. They always seemed so fun and fresh.