Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Saving boxes (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=77889)

Zenith27 10-15-2019 02:27 AM

Saving boxes

I only really save my MP, Takara Generations, Titan Class, and some "special release" boxes like Siege on Cybertron, Punch/Counter-Punch etc.. I'd been saving those Generations Selects cardboard ones and now I'm on the fence about tossing them since there are so many now and they're not really "pretty".

Anyone wanna convince me to go either way?

Autobotz24 10-15-2019 03:05 AM

Re: Saving boxes

I save MP, G1 reissue and FansToys. Everything else goes to the blue box

wervenom 10-15-2019 06:46 AM

MP, 3P and box sets mostly. SH Figuarts for non TF's

evenstaves 10-15-2019 08:21 AM

Still save everything, except maybe for doubles

Have a plan for proper storage, need to invest in more Detolfs

imfallenangel 10-15-2019 08:37 AM

Neither choice works. Both are the two extremes and while trying to be "cute", they aren't very proper.

I keep some, for the more expensive/fancy ones.

The other ones I keep some, but also take some apart to keep the art and backing. But for those I toss the plastic holder.

If I had kept them all, I'd probably have a room filled completely with empty boxes.

And the resale value doesn't matters either as I buy to collect and not to resell.

positivelyken 10-15-2019 10:43 AM

I usually keep boxes for figures that came in boxes, since I like the artwork and it makes them convenient to store. I do discard the inserts and flatten out boxes for Titan class figures though.

VicRav 10-15-2019 12:21 PM

I flatten and store boxes I like for artwork, but get rid of inserts. I have no space to store full sized boxes.

lifedragon99 10-15-2019 12:23 PM

I had all the combiner wars boxes and other nice sets until recently, now I just save studio series, unopened transformers , and toss the rest. They take up too much space and I don't have intensions of selling.

Xtreme987 10-15-2019 01:49 PM

I used to take all my bots out of box but my collection has shifted to a mostly MISB or MOSC display. I find they just look better in the package & I don't plan on selling any in the near future so I'm not concerned with resell value. I don't play with them or pose them anymore cuz I can't pose to save my life. I do make exceptions for certain figures tho like the gestalts or Titan figures.

QuadESL63 10-15-2019 01:53 PM

Only 3P, MP, some G1’s, some Japanese releases, and recently Generations Select brown boxes. Card backs are definitely trashed, so for most boxes.