Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   So what's this I hear about no new Generations deluxes for Canada? (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=51606)

Shockwave 75 02-08-2014 06:49 PM

So what's this I hear about no new Generations deluxes for Canada?

In an exchange with Protoman on Twitter he said that he has heard that we may not be getting the remaining deluxes because Hasbro may stop the non-comic packaging.

Protoman could probably shed more light on this, but this isn't good! No offence PM, but I kinda hope it's just Quebec that's getting screwed and the rest of us will be getting the comic packaging.

joshimus 02-08-2014 07:05 PM

Re: So what's this I hear about no new Generations deluxes for Canada?

Waspinators wave is just hitting us now so, who knows. I'd be annoyed if we didn't get the wave after that one. I really want that minicon combiner team

Sun Swipe Prime 02-08-2014 07:15 PM

Personally, with the timing of the new movie figures, I didn't want to take any chances and just ordered them online from BBTS. Even after getting hit by customs, it wasn't too much more than I would have had to pay at Canadian retail. Plus I get the comics, save on gas, and aggravation.

joshimus 02-08-2014 07:26 PM

Probably will find Waspy next week so I will hold out, but might pre-order the wave after in case.

Darth Cylon 02-08-2014 07:31 PM

If not...there's always hope they will end up at clearance outlets like Winners or XS Cargo.

I want WFC/FOC Thundercracker and Skywarp.

Sun Swipe Prime 02-08-2014 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Cylon (Post 558255)

I want WFC/FOC Thundercracker and Skywarp.

Thundercracker has been in walmart for $9.99 since before Christmas.

QuadESL63 02-09-2014 07:24 PM

I don't want to take a chance and I preordered what have been announced so far @ BBTS. Even if they were to be available @ XS Cargo/Winners or even general retail later down the road, I'd rather paid a little bit more now to import these then running around trying to find them.

General Tekno 02-10-2014 12:48 AM

It seems that even Protoman's confused by that recent Generations sighting; hopefully we get proper clarification as soon as possible.

Looking forward to snagging another Waspinator if legit, though.

The 12th Prime 02-10-2014 01:19 AM

A simple solution to the language/comic problem could have been to include a coupon for the comic at comic shops or other retailers who may carry the comics or better yet include a promo code for a digital copy. No hassles for parents to travel somewhere else and pimping the idea of digital comics to parents and kids alike. Hearing some kids have their own iPad/tablet de jour I think it'd be a welcomed idea and bang for the buck. Language problem solved :) A ball has seriously been dropped hear if they are having problems selling the toys. Hasbro please read this and consider this my application to join your PR/Marketing team :)

GMfan 02-10-2014 01:23 AM

I wouldn't believe what people say on twitter