Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Metroplex conundrum (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=77491)

evenstaves 09-05-2019 08:44 AM

Metroplex conundrum

Thinking about picking up a Generations Metroplex

Which one is best in your opinion?

- Hasbro's Thrilling 30
- Takara's TG version
- Takara's LG version (just a reissue?)
- the SDCC version with the lil guys
- that Hong Kong version?

Your thoughts

bishop 09-05-2019 08:48 AM

Re: Metroplex conundrum

I am happy with the Hasbro version.

Quote:

Originally Posted by evenstaves (Post 795538)
Thinking about picking up a Generations Metroplex

Which one is best in your opinion?

- Hasbro's Thrilling 30
- Takara's TG version
- Takara's LG version (just a reissue?)
- the SDCC version with the lil guys
- that Hong Kong version?

Your thoughts

OldOfflineMan 09-05-2019 09:03 AM

Putting aside the fact that I can't afford the other versions, I prefer the Hasbro colour scheme over the silver face/red toes of the other versions.

If you like the chrome highlights, Reprolabels has a nice set for Hasbro Metroplex (they're usually half price during Black Friday/Boxing week).

I display him without weapons (young kids in the house), so I don't miss the second gun.

nuropa 09-05-2019 09:34 AM

I used a silver sharpie and give my Metroplex silver face, really easy to do if you prefer silver instead of white.

OldOfflineMan 09-05-2019 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nuropa (Post 795544)
I used a silver sharpie and give my Metroplex silver face, really easy to do if you prefer silver instead of white.

That's awesome. I didn't know about the silver Sharpie. I'll use it to give the Combiner Wars car figures silver rims to match the United Warriors look :)

Zenith27 09-05-2019 12:59 PM

I bought the Takara re-issue since is was cheaper than getting a sealed Hasbro one. I seem to recall a selling point is that the Takara one comes with 2 guns rather than one.

EDIT: Also, the Canadian Hasbro release didn't have any voice playback, just the sound effects. Something to keep in mind.

General Tekno 09-05-2019 04:26 PM

I think Takara's looks nicest, myself.

That said if you get a Hasbro one it's super easy to paint the face. I'd get Reprolabels though if you got him.

python 09-05-2019 06:38 PM

I have a Takara and got it after selling my Hasbro. If I had the money I would get SDCC for the decoys

ngnaw 09-05-2019 08:55 PM

I have the ACG hong kong version! MIB! The price I got it for was a steal since they priced it lower than the Hasbro version. Mine has the english voice clips.

vjcheng 09-08-2019 03:06 PM

Which one of these is in your opinions the most G1 accurate? Still searching for one myself and I was leaning towards Takara for the second gun but now with Sixshot actually released, I'm not as gungho on that (WAIT)... actually can Siege Sixshot's legs fit in Metroplex's hands? scale wise? Can someone take a picture of this if they have both please? Thanks for any help!