Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Best/worst places to buy Transformers (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=17448)

jackalprime 07-24-2009 12:07 PM

Best/worst places to buy Transformers

Have you found a hotspot to buy transformers? A particular store that sells them for a good price and doesn't try to rip you off? Walmarts and Zellers are an easy bet, but maybe there is a store in your area that shines. Also, where is the worst places to go in terms or price and selection?

GDkitty 07-24-2009 12:17 PM

Re: Best/worst places to buy Transformers

I've always been fond of the mom and pop private gift shops. Usualy not the best selection, but i have found a few things at them that that have been LONG since sold out other places.

MisBio12 07-24-2009 12:17 PM

Toys Toys toys
Has a very price toys and when they got the preview wave for ROFt it was 23.99 that was it's so called sale price

Team Jetfire 07-24-2009 01:01 PM

NO! YOu will NEVER know my toy store secret! Its mine, all mine!

Ok, only if you promise not to tell... Promise?

Alright. There are two place that I go in calgary that are very good with suppling me with all the current toys that I want.

They are called...wait for it...

Toys R Us and Walmart.

:P

brr-icy 07-24-2009 01:15 PM

found a few sweet deals at Heroes comic shop here, but i bought them all, lol, thunderclash almost complete (original version) only missing his pistol for $30, and abunch of g1s for $10 each, some of their prices are insane though, tracks, broken doors but complete for $50? wth? lol

Pascal 07-24-2009 01:26 PM

Worst place is definitely Hart. Voyager are 40$, Crossovers something like $27-28 and Deluxes close to $20.

Unicrons_Domain 07-24-2009 01:30 PM

In Moncton New Brunswick I find my best spot is the Wal-Mart and sometimes (when looking for older transformers) a small place called "spin it records".

The worst spot for me is Toys R Us Moncton because they are almost always the last to get things, the last to put new things out on the sales floor, and most of the time the highest price in retail.

Ultra Maverick 07-24-2009 01:37 PM

"The Comic Book Shoppe" in Ottawa is both the best and the worst place to buy figures.
They will get things way before Walmart or ToysRus but thier prices can be steep.

I still thank God I picked up Universe Inferno when I saw him there, have yet to see him anywhere else since.

astrana 07-24-2009 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Team Jetfire (Post 156826)
NO! YOu will NEVER know my toy store secret! Its mine, all mine!

Ok, only if you promise not to tell... Promise?

Alright. There are two place that I go in calgary that are very good with suppling me with all the current toys that I want.

They are called...wait for it...

Toys R Us and Walmart.

:P

what about DRAGON CITY hohoho

Sun Swipe Prime 07-24-2009 01:54 PM

One of the worst places, in terms of price is Metropolis Comics in Vancouver. $30 for a ROTF Sideswipe and the same for the Universe Ratchet and Hotshot. YIKES. But it's not all bad. They do have some older stock items that are decent in price and loose figures. Unfortunately, I think they're the only store in town that carries loose figures and older stock items. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong please.