Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Canadian Transformers News (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   October Hasbro Transformers Q&A Answers for Cybertron.ca (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=27064)

Super_Megatron 11-01-2010 12:23 PM

October Hasbro Transformers Q&A Answers for Cybertron.ca

1 Attachment(s)
Cybertron.ca: Are the Power Core Combiners toys meant to share continuity with the Revenge of the Fallen/Hunt for the Decepticons toys or do they correspond to the new War for Cybertron storyline? Or are they completely self-contained, in terms of fiction?
Hasbro: While the Power Core Combiners have been seen in the movie-verse continuity, established in a Cyber Mission web episode, they basically exist on their own. For reference, the episode is currently available on www.transformers.com and www.hubworld.com. The concept of Power Core Combiners can also translate to other continuities similar to Mini-Cons.

Cybertron.ca: We've noticed more planned remolds and less straight up repaints. I think all fans agree this is a welcome move. How has Hasbro perceived the success of this move on their end? Are they planning to continue with more planned remolds?
Hasbro: As with anything, we continually try to find ways to improve our brand. With this move to add new heads/features to redecos, we feel that it truly allows for the characters to come through and have their own personality. Needless to say, we are happy that this is being well received out there!

Post your questions for the next Hasbro Transformers Q&A now!

Team Jetfire 11-01-2010 12:39 PM

Re: October Hasbro Transformers Q&A Answers for Cybertron.ca

Interesting Q & A.

I kinda like how PCC is a world of it's own and yay for more re-tools. I think we can all agree that a little head makes such a big difference.

Mumps 11-01-2010 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Team Jetfire (Post 288369)
I think we can all agree that a little head makes such a big difference.

Too true ;)

But yeah, giving a repaint a new head is a huge step up, and I can say that repaints are much more welcome in my collection now that they all have new heads, and sometimes new accessories (Blurr). I really wish they had given Banzaitron a new head though... But they are bound to release a few anyway, without new head.

Matrix_Holder 11-01-2010 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Super_Megatron (Post 288362)
Cybertron.ca: Are the Power Core Combiners toys meant to share continuity with the Revenge of the Fallen/Hunt for the Decepticons toys or do they correspond to the new War for Cybertron storyline? Or are they completely self-contained, in terms of fiction?
Hasbro: While the Power Core Combiners have been seen in the movie-verse continuity, established in a Cyber Mission web episode, they basically exist on their own. For reference, the episode is currently available on www.transformers.com and www.hubworld.com. The concept of Power Core Combiners can also translate to other continuities similar to Mini-Cons.

Post your questions for the next Hasbro Transformers Q&A now!

I may be wrong but wasn't this question already asked and answered by hasbro when these toys first came out? We already knew this didn't we.

Retools are indeed welcome, I am glad that we are now getting new heads and weapons for the mold to make new characters. Look at Blurr, what a big difference retooling made. I cannot wait to see the new retools that Hasbro comes out with.

Bruticus82 11-01-2010 09:20 PM

I think that retool question might have been mine, it looks familiar.

Regardless, yay for the answer!

As for the PCC question, I don't think I knew that before, so it's news to me.

Onslaught 11-01-2010 11:22 PM

The remolds have been a really welcome addition over straight repaints. It is also cool that sometimes if the mold allows they give the remolded figures some new weapons, like Blurr with his guns.

Dinobot Swoop 11-02-2010 07:08 AM

PCC's are their own continuity? Cool.

And Hasbro making their figures with secondary heads and parts is like a godsend, IMO. Repaints are nice and all, but sometimes a new head would have been nice to see on older figures (like Classics Mirage to Drag Strip to Fracture.)

tusko 11-02-2010 04:26 PM

I agree that retools are awesome.
Imagine the Movie toys with humanoid head and hands.... ah the possibilities.