Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers General Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Fan Expo Transformers? (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=77346)

Grimlocked 08-21-2019 05:02 PM

Fan Expo Transformers?

Hey everyone,

I'm considering going to Fan Expo for figure hunting but was wondering what the hasbro stall usually has? Is it worth going for figures or should I just skip it? Thanks!

Vorahk 08-21-2019 05:15 PM

Re: Fan Expo Transformers?

Hasbro isn’t going to have a booth at fan expo this year. Ebgames is having all of hasbros exclusives there.

MapleMegatron 08-21-2019 06:34 PM

Its worth going if you want that ghostbusters MP10. Thats all you're sure to find though.

Grimlocked 08-21-2019 07:07 PM

Ouch, think any of the wave 2 and 3 stuff might be there?

MapleMegatron 08-21-2019 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grimlocked (Post 794132)
Ouch, think any of the wave 2 and 3 stuff might be there?

The reason people go is for exclusives, thats all you can be sure to see. Anyways, you cant find wave 2 at retail?

Grimlocked 08-21-2019 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MapleMegatron (Post 794135)
The reason people go is for exclusives, thats all you can be sure to see. Anyways, you cant find wave 2 at retail?

I can - I'm just always curious about the distribution at conventions. Thanks for letting me know though.

Saundowaivu 08-21-2019 08:49 PM

If you look around the con you'll probably find some dealers with wave 2 or 3 in their booths for above retail prices.

evenstaves 08-22-2019 08:31 AM

Anyone think they will have Lancer and Galactic Man?

wervenom 08-22-2019 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evenstaves (Post 794174)

Not likely but if they do they mark up would be high I would imagine

Dark Rage 08-22-2019 05:09 PM

The only exclusive figures are the MP Ghostbusters Prime, EBgames is selling it for $199.99, and a Botbots SDCC set (didn't check the price),and you can apply your Edge membership discount. You go straight to the cashier to get the MP Prime.

I also saw Ectotron for sale, some Siege Hounds, SS Voyagers and deluxes (old waves, Ironhide and the decepticon Helicopter).

They also have the TF model kits.

Dark Rage 08-22-2019 05:14 PM

There are a few other vendors selling old TF items, but quite expensive, like $30 for a generations deluxe, I also saw CMDstore, Siege deluxes were $40-$50 each, they did have Refractor and the new deluxe waves. Combiner wars devastator was $500, Hasbro version I believe.

evenstaves 08-22-2019 06:37 PM

Other than (Siege Spinister possibly?) that sucks for me, oh well

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Rage (Post 794210)
Combiner wars devastator was $500, Hasbro version I believe.

HA

Zenith27 08-22-2019 07:29 PM

I assume this is the Toronto Fan Expo?

MapleMegatron 08-22-2019 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evenstaves (Post 794174)

Turns out they dont.

QuadESL63 08-22-2019 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Rage (Post 794209)
The only exclusive figures are the MP Ghostbusters Prime, EBgames is selling it for $199.99, and a Botbots SDCC set (didn't check the price),and you can apply your Edge membership discount. You go straight to the cashier to get the MP Prime.

I also saw Ectotron for sale, some Siege Hounds, SS Voyagers and deluxes (old waves, Ironhide and the decepticon Helicopter).

I got a Ghost Busters Prime, too!

BotBots set is $34.99 I believe.

I went back to EB before I left and picked up a wave 3 Siege Blackjack and Hyperdrive Micromasters set (it was hidding behind some Retro Pop BB + Dinocassettes sets.

Collectingtoys 08-22-2019 09:30 PM

I went also, nothing special except for Ghostbusters Prime.

Noticeably less corporate setups this year, no Mattel, Space Channel, Warner Brothers, expecting more for the 25th anniversary of FanExpo.

Spent $39 on a large deluxe pizza with 4 sodas from Pizza Pizza.

Kids had fun, that’s all that matters.

CobraCommander 08-22-2019 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Rage (Post 794209)

LoL, I thought FanExpo was next weekend :crying: Did you see any other cool figures?

Collectingtoys 08-23-2019 08:20 AM

They moved up FanExpo one week earlier this year.

With this announcement it would have been nice for Hasbro to have had a real booth of their own at FanExpo.

Hasbro to acquire Canada's Entertainment One
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...251#post794251

They could have at least brought Omega Supreme to show off. Maybe even Unicron.

QuadESL63 08-23-2019 02:01 PM

Generation Selects Powerdasher Zetar & Nightbird preorders @ EB:

http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...282#post794282

If you want to take a look before hopping on the bandwagon they are in the EB booth exclusives room

laffy 08-23-2019 05:14 PM

Anyone know the ebgames sku for the exclusive mp prime.. Also is there lots available.. I've Herd you can pre order prime within stores

QuadESL63 08-23-2019 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laffy (Post 794308)
Anyone know the ebgames sku for the exclusive mp prime.. Also is there lots available.. I've Herd you can pre order prime within stores

748236 according to my receipt.

I went over to their booth three times yesterday & once today... even at the busiest time yesterday not many were sold from what I have seen & they have a one per customer limit (well, you can go back again & again I supposed). There were more Ironman Infinity Gauntlets and PS One Classics being sold lol. I supposed only TF fans and some scalpers care and it is not exactly cheap.

QuadESL63 08-23-2019 10:10 PM

Oh... the BlueFin booth has a bunch of Furai TF model kits and the Flame Toys Shattered Glass Drift. The price on Drift is actually pretty nice compared to all other sources and if it is your thing go take a look! (and you can built a mini Y Wing for free... that is a $8 or $9 bucks value).

One of the CmdStore booths has lowered the prices on Siege stuffs... Brunt is now $30, they also slashed $10 off on Reflektorothers and Six Gun is cheaper than regular retail, among others.

And the EB stuffs have some upcoming movie SS stuffs on display namely Mixmaster, Shockwave and (space fighter) Megatron.

Aristiana 08-23-2019 10:15 PM

Anyone managed to get the IDW comic exclusive? It was sold out when I arrived...

wervenom 08-23-2019 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laffy (Post 794308)

Might be more tomorrow. My friends son bought the last two available today

Grayfox 08-23-2019 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Collectingtoys (Post 794252)
They could have at least brought Omega Supreme to show off. Maybe even Unicron.

I hear Hasbro couldn't have Unicron at FanExpo cause even they couldn't afford to get it shipped up here :rofl:

CPrime 08-24-2019 04:52 PM

Does anyone know if they still have the ghostbusters MP-10? I’m considering going tomorrow, but don’t want to pay the $50 admission only to find out they’re sold out.

chin0bo 08-24-2019 08:24 PM

i was there today and it was sold out. said they may have stock tommorow.

CobraCommander 08-25-2019 08:18 PM

I went first thing in the morning today, fortunately I managed to get the last MP GB Prime, but wasn't lucky enough to get the Fett or Sith trooper, oh well still glad I went.

Croaker 08-26-2019 11:42 AM

THey were sold out of prime when I was there mid-day friday.
Got the botbots set, though.

QuadESL63 08-26-2019 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Croaker (Post 794470)
THey were sold out of prime when I was there mid-day friday.
Got the botbots set, though.

There were plenty on Thursday and not many takers... I am glad I took a day off!