Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/index.php)
-   Transformers Feedback and Reviews (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Reveal the shield Jazz Review (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=28510)

Blackout4001 01-07-2011 07:17 PM

Reveal the shield Jazz Review

Hey Guys and Gals,
Got my Reveal the Shield Jazz today from Bigbadtoystore. Thought I would throw up a little review.

Vehicle mode, 8/10

A nice homage to the G1 vehicle, vehicle rolls with little apparent transformer kibble( until you turn it upside down), Has a cool little feature in which you can open the doors and flip out Jazz's speakers. They can deploy in the vehicle mode like they did in the cartoon. My largest complaint is the lack of the paint apps on the back end of the vehicle. They are non exsistant, (will be adding these myself. Oh and the weapon stores nicley to.

Robot Mode 9/10

Love Jazz you will love this mode. It is fantastic, I love the stern head sculpt, the articulation and how large the figure is (quite tall)My only grip is the chest doesnot lock in place 100% it doeskinda, but any amount of force will knock it out.

Transformation 7/10

Very, Very simple and effective transformation. It has an automorph feature in which you flip down the hood and it will reveal Jazz's head as the torso goes into place. The reason for the lower score is I had a hard time with the legs. This is a quality issue, but there was extra molded plastic on the two back panels making the propoer leg transformation next to impossible until I cleaned it up with a hobby knife. ( I hope no one else has this issue)

OVERALL 10/10

In my mind a perfect update to a fan favorite jazz. I love this figure the most out of my classiscs line, and there have been quite a few great Figs.

Paul:clapping:

The7thParallel 01-07-2011 10:20 PM

Re: Reveal the shield Jazz Review

Your signature should say 'oops' not 'opps'.

CBII 01-07-2011 11:52 PM

Thanks for the info. I wasn't going to get him but I think I will now.

down_shift 01-07-2011 11:55 PM

I have issues with the lower legs on my Jazz as well. I'm not overly impressed with the figure, but I do like how the speakers look combined with his hand gun. I hated on Tracks like it was going out of style, but I think I prefer Tracks over Jazz, even if he is smaller (and Thunderwing is smaller then Tracks. Go figure)

zuffyprime 01-08-2011 12:28 AM

dude...you have a jazz???:clapping:
wait:argh: lol

retail in canada - you didn't get it here did ya?

down_shift 01-08-2011 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zuffyprime (Post 304597)
dude...you have a jazz???:clapping:
wait:argh: lol

retail in canada - you didn't get it here did ya?

No I didn't get them here, I got them from the states. Hate to harpoon your bubble :P

However I was talking to a friend of mine at the Silver Snail and he said he's getting Jazz & Tracks ect in around Wednesday or Thursday next week.

bedtime 01-08-2011 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by down_shift (Post 304599)
No I didn't get them here, I got them from the states. Hate to harpoon your bubble :P

However I was talking to a friend of mine at the Silver Snail and he said he's getting Jazz & Tracks ect in around Wednesday or Thursday next week.

this info is greatly appreciated!

down_shift 01-08-2011 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bedtime (Post 304602)
this info is greatly appreciated!

I thought so :)

They're also getting the Battle in Space 2-packs, Lugnut, Grapple, and Strafe as well as more Thunderwing, Skullgrin and Cliffjumpers

bedtime 01-08-2011 12:45 AM

wow all in the upcoming week?! gonna be an expensive trip!

GMfan 01-08-2011 01:03 AM

Sooo a Vehicle mode that gets 8/10, and a Robot Mode that gets 9/10, and a Transformation that gets a 7/10, some how get an overall score of 10/10? Ok...

He's good...but not great. That damn chest not locking in very well is a huge piss off for me personally and the lack of detailing really makes him lose more points. Nothing one can't easily fix themselves but still...people bitched about Universe 2.0 Prowl having too much white not being broken up and Jazz seems much worse then he was.